|Board meeting Sunday, 07. May 2017 08:00 CEST - Draft Agenda|
PPI Board/Rules of Procedure
The Board has passed the rules of procedure on its meeting on the 03. March 2011,
- changed on 02. August 2011,
- changed on 06. December 2011,
- changed on 15. Mai 2012,
- changed on 21. February 2015. changes
- changed on 12. February 2016
- changed on 25. April 2016
- changed on 31. July 2016
§1 Board meetings
- Regular board meetings will take place no less than once a month. At the end of each meeting the date and time of the next meeting will be announced.
- Each board meeting is announced publicly
- Extraordinary meetings can be called by any member of the board for urgent matters.
- Alternative: If the board meeting is taking longer than 1:30 a break of 15 minutes is scheduled and the meeting adjournes.
- Every member of the Pirate Parties International can propose an agenda item to the board.
- The provisional agenda of the regular board meetings shall be published before the meeting, the agenda items can be seen at any point in time here: http://tasks.pp-international.net/projects/ppi-board/roadmap
- An agenda item shall be submitted 48 hours ahead of the meeting to be regularly tabled within the published Agenda
- New items to the agenda can be brought in during the meeting and will be discussed at the end of the scheduled agenda.
- The board meetings are public, unless the board votes in favor of a non-public meeting. The decision to hold a non-public meeting has to be motivated.
- Guests are allowed to speak up during a meeting if requested to do so by the chairman.
- Guests can ask to take the stand
- Guests that disrupt the meeting can be excluded by the chairman.
- The board meetings are recorded for historical & information purposes, if a participant requests that the meeting shall not to be recorded, a 2/3 majority vote from the board is required to do.
- At the beginning of each meeting a chairman and secretary will be appointed.
- The secretary of the meeting will write the meeting minutes.
- The chair of the meeting moderates the discussions and makes sure the rules of procedure are respected.
- Only members of the board are entitled to vote.
- Decisions are taken by a majority of board members present at the meeting.
- If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board need to be voting for a decision to be valid.)
- Vote in absentia of the board members - The board members may vote in absentia using any of the following means:
- Updating the decision on the Project Management Referential with their vote
- Using Loomio to cast their votes
- Emailing the board mailing list citing the object and their vote.
- A tally of the vote shall be maintained in the decision record on https://tasks.pp-international.net
- Board members not present at the meeting can vote on a proposal published in the provisional agenda or Loomio PPI Board by citing the proposal and expressing their vote in an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (postal vote) or casting a vote in Loomio. The Loomio and postal votes shall be added to the votes cast at the meeting if the proposals are exactly the same. The Loomio and postal votes shall be mentioned in the provisional agenda and can be superseded by subsequent email, a change to the Loomio vote or by a vote cast at the meeting.
- Any financial decision can be made by the board on a 2/3 majority vote if the decision falls within the GA approved budget. Else the treasurer, or its designated deputy, has to pre-approve the financial engagement prior to the board meeting, during the 48 hours time period between the end of submission of regular agenda items and the board meeting.
- Any decision related to political issues can be challenged in a referendum by 5 voting members of the PPI. A e-voting tally shall be organised congruant to the bylaws of the PPI in the shortest possible timeframe using any of the following means:
- Updating the decision on the Project Management Referential (i.e. Redmine) with their vote
- Using Loomio to cast their voteshttps://ppi.piratenpad.de/feedback-ppiga16
- Emailing the board citing the object and their vote.
- The duration of the vote will be no more of 1 week
- Each board of a voting member shall present an approved, accordingly to the respective own by-laws of each voting member, resolution designating a permanent delegate and a deputy.
§6 Meeting minutes
- The minutes of the meeting will be published before the next meeting and not later than 48 hours prior to the next scheduled meeting.
- The General Secretary is responsible for publishing the meeting minutes and links to the published meeting recordings on the PPI wiki.
- The minutes of the meeting are resolution minutes and contain the wording of motions and resolutions that had been voted on. In case of an non-public meeting the minutes contain instead the motivated resolution to have the non-public meeting (ref §4.1). Any board member can submit within 24 hours after the meeting a text of personal statement to the minutes explaining his or her particular vote to a motion or resolution.
- All decisions, projects and tasks are to be recorded in Redmine tasks.pp-international.net), and unless related to a personal issue, shall remain public.
- During each regular meeting the board members will present a report with all the new developments concerning their respective tasks, and update their tasks accordingly in Redmine
- The board delegates the necessary authority to a task owner in order for him to complete the assigned task, unless there is an issue arising, which requires additional clarification or specific decision by the board.
- Each task/project owner is responsible for keeping up-to-date the tasks, subtasks and all related objects in Redmine, The General Secretary ensures that the project management referential is well maintained by the assigned person.
- By the end of their term of office, each board member should create a text report of their activities.
- Any member of the board can approve the application for a supporting membership.
§8 General provisions
- These rules of procedure can be modified at any time by the board.
- These rules of procedure are immediately applicable.
Annotation: Chair/man in the text above is the Chairman of the meeting.