PPI Board Minutes 2010-04-26
From pp International
- MINUTES for PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 26/04/2010---
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI Coreteam
- Bogomil (IRC)(left 21:06)
- Nicolas (joined 20.16, left 20.46, re-join 20.51)
- Jakub (joined 20.24)
- Excused: Aleksandar
1.2 - Others
- Steffen Ortmann
- Xavier Vila
- Andrew Norton
- Ruud Poutsma
- Joeri Oudshoorn
- Will Tovey
- Thomas Burke
- and nine unknown other guests.
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 20:14 (CEST) by Gregory.
- Secretary for this meeting is Jerry, since 20.21 Joachim.
- Quorum established with 6 of 7 Coreteam members present.
- Meeting closed at 22:00 (CEST) by Gregory.
3 - OPENING REMARKS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
3.1 - Today's meeting procedure (proposed by Gregory)
- Gregory: streaming is running, but should we record? Majority for recording. Gregory starts the recording 20.16.
- Today's meeting: focus on communication structures, action plan and getting input from outside.
- Meeting structure: IRC and telephone conference. ICR is there for people to participate. Board member will monitor the IRC if there are any questions/comments - as a goal. As there were technical constraints to voice meeting this time, the topic is still open. Gregory is going to look for a better solution.
3.2 - Internal procedure (proposed by Jerry)
- Jay is working on internal procedural rules an will present a first draft next meeting.
4 - AGENDA
4.1 - Internal communication (proposed by Jerry/Gregory)
- Weekly meeting in May, than switch to bi-weekly meeting.
- Vote: Proposal Passed(Yes: 5| No: 0| Abstain: 0).
- An extraordinary meeting can be hold, if needed.
- Communication via a public read-only group on Mypirates.net: https://www.mypirates.net/ppi_network+board was suggested by Gregory. Jakub will present a proposal on the communication topics as well, so does Joachim. (next but one week)
- http://ppi.piratenpad.de/29 (proposal being prepared)
4.2 - External communication (proposed by Jerry/Gregory)
- Bogo will collect the contact information of every pirate party and thus update the information we have now (-> May, 6th); including the information about NGOs we may work with (-> May, 6th).
4.3 - Action plan (proposed by Jerry/Gregory)
- Postponed to next meeting. Board members commit themself to fill our the plan and distribute the workload.
- Link to action plan and taskforces: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/26
4.4 - PPI Headquarters (proposed by Nicco)
- Jay will coordinate the preparation of the formation of the PPI HQ. First presentation of infos in two weeks)
4.5 - Pirates Newsletter (on occ. proposal by Joeri Oudshoorn)
- Joeri asked whether it is okay to start "pirate newsletter". Board appreciates idea. (wo/ voting)
5 - REPORTS
5.1 - Press release for the conference? (proposed by Nicco)
5.2 - Travel expences for the conf / EP tour (proposed by Nicco)
- There are 10k on our account now as agreed with Jurgen and Nicco will start processing payments on copies of receipts sent in.
6 - TO DO
6.1 - Write internal rules of procedure (by Jerry)
6.2 - Collect reliable information from Pirate Parties (by Bogo)
6.3 - Collect information for the creation of the PPI HEadquarters (by Jerry)
7 - NEXT MEETING
- The next meeting is sheduled for May 3rd 2010, 20h00 CET/CEST