|Board meeting Sunday, 11. December 2016 08:00 CET - Draft Agenda|
PPI Minutes 2013-04-30
- --- 30/04/2013 20:00h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- 1 Record of the meeting
- 2 1 - ATTENDEES
- 3 2 - PROCEEDINGS
- 4 3 - REPORTS
- 5 4. GA in Kazan - aftermath
- 6 5 Elections among board members
- 7 6 Appointment of Secretary General
- 8 7 Alternate Board Members
- 9 8 Transition of the board
- 10 9 General Assembly 2014
- 11 10 Presence Board meeting
- 12 11 Online e-Democracy system
- 13 12 AOB
Record of the meeting
Audio Recordings: https://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20130430
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Thomas, Azat, Denis, Vojtech, Marc, Nuno, Gregory
1.2 - Others
- Yasin Aydın (after 21:10)
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 20:28 CEST by Gregory
- Meeting closed at 23:02 CEST by Gregory
- Meeting chaired by Gregory
- Secretary for this meeting is Denis
- Quorum established with 7 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: yes
- Recording started: yes (Gregory)
- Postal votes: none
3 - REPORTS
3.1 - Short report of the board members
Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.
- Gregory: I was a first meeting with the russian organizors team regarding fincance aftermath (it seems that we are nearly financially even with loss of maybe 50 €), I have done a lot of admin stuff, creating new accounts for new board members, changing wiki and website information and some communication. And I have installed a CRM
- Vojtech: Getting prepared for the board work, reading the RoPs, preparing some materials for online meeting (later in its own agenda item), meet with PP-HU
- Nuno: I've been testing out docker (http://www.docker.io) in order to make self contained packages of platforms that can be run effortlessly by PP's and in the process have been trying out Loomio (https://www.loomio.org) as well as a test case.
- Azat: Finished translation of Russian version of piratenpad. getting familiar with PPI infrastructure, clearing situation with GA costs.
- Thomas Only administrative stuff by now
- Denis: I was in Kazan. Oh, and I wrote the press release together with Gregory.
- Marc: I was in Kazan (Chief projection officer ;)).
4. GA in Kazan - aftermath
- fedback pad http://ppi.piratenpad.de/2013-GA-Kazan-aftermath
- TODO -> send it out to the participants (Gregory), deadline one week.
- Gregory: We are almost even with finances, probably 50€ in minus. Pat tries to publish the conference minutes asap. According to the statutes it must be until 2 weeks after the GA.
- Vojtech: We don't know what motions passed and by how many votes. Is there a way to find this out?
- Gregory: There is a draft in this pad: http://piratenpad.de/p/kazan2013
- Marc: Was there a list who payed the entrance fee?
- Gregory: Yes. Someone payed less than he should have and there might be another person who probably forgot to pay.
- Azat: We have some video files of the assembly so it's possible to consult them.
- Gregory and Azat will meet to create the final finance report of the conference.
5 Elections among board members
- According to http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XII._Board the board elects among the board members:
- Vojtech: In our RoP there is no voting/election, suggestion to use the method of the RoP of the conference: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2013/GA_meeting/RoP#Art._6a_Elections
- Marc offers to become the treasurer.
- Presentation: Marc speaks about his experiences in the field of threasuring for NGOs
- Yes: Nuno, Thomas, Azat, Gregory, Vojtěch, Denis
- No: -
- Abstain: Marc
- Invalid yes: Yasin
- Marc is the new treasurer. Congrats!
5.2 Chief of Administration
- Thomas volunteers.
- Presentation: a lot of admin and representation experiences for various pirate parties.
- Yes: Vojtěch, Nuno, Denis, Azat, Marc, Gregory
- Abstain: Thomas
- Invalid yes: Yasin
- Congrats to our new Chief of Administration Thomas.
6 Appointment of Secretary General
- According to http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XIII._Functions_of_the_Board has to appoint the Secretary General of Pirate Parties International
- According to http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XIV._PPI_Headquarters the Secretary General shall be appointed by the Board and shall be the chief administrative officer of Pirate Parties International
- Gregory proposes to appoint Thomas for the position of Secretary General of PPI HQ.
- Yes: Nuno, Denis, Marc, Gregory
- Abstain: Thomas, Vojtěch, Azat
- -> The motion has passed. (4y/0n/3a)
- Thomas will contact a lawyer who knows Belgium law and try to elaborate a suggestion to improve the situation.
7 Alternate Board Members
- Proposal by Thomas: Alternate board members should be given read/write access to any internal mailinglists/redmine etc. of the current board. This shall assure a smooth transition in case a board member resigns or is out of office due to others reasons stated out in the statutes.
- Vojtech: In upport in spirit of the original CZ proposul to elect to the board all the people that have the will and support.
- Gregory: There is a separate mailing list for the alternate board members but they didn't have access to the board mailing list (neither write nor read). They already have access to the Redmine and Pad today.
- Vojtech: If we include them to our list we also should remove the alternate board members list (and any other tools which are for alternate board members only).
- Gregory: There is only the list. It can be removed with a single click.
- Yes: Vojtech, Nuno, Denis, Marc, Thomas, Gregory, Azat
- The motion has passed (7/0/0).
8 Transition of the board
- We think that it is a good idea to organize a transition board meeting where we invite the "old" board members who are no longer in the board now.
- Thomas has a TODO to organize such a meeting and to set up a doodle to find appropriate date.
9 General Assembly 2014
- Gregory: We should start organizing next physical GA - we would need to discuss some facts first.
- first: location - Prefer Application from - e.g. South America, Oceania, Asia, North America? - Europa only as the very last option/fallback?
- Vojtech: Good organization is more important than a remote location
- Thomas: We need enough time to organize.
- Nuno: The task of the board is to organize and set up the meeting, not to choose the location. We should let the members decide on that.
- Thomas: Objects. We will be taken into the responsability if something goes wrong so we have to decide on almost everthing which happens at the assembly.
- Gregory: In the past the board has decided, taking into consideration the location, prize, etc. I agree that our members can choose with the same competency as we do and we could also work out a proposal.
- Nuno: Ack.
- Vojtech: Is the decision on location a pure executive, or a political one?
- Gregory: it can't be separated from each other.
- Thomas: We can still ask our members what they think what would be the best decision and take their opinion into account.
- Nuno: If the members want it to be in a certain place we must do it there because otherwise it would be against the will of our members.
- Motion: Board rises an issue to E-democracy system to select the organizer and location of the next GA meeting out of proposals submited to the board that meets the criteria in the Call for Hosts.
- Yes: Nuno, Azat, Vojtech, Thomas, Denis, Gregory
- Abstain: Marc
- result: the motion passed (6/0/1)
- Call for Hosts
- When: Spring 2014?
- Thomas: May?
- Gregory: In May many of our members face the election campaigns for european parliament and local elections.
- Vojtech: we should do it after the elections then
- Denis: We should do it before the EU elections
- Gregory: This could also help for the elections, especially for the european ones.
- Thomas: I suggest very late of February to early May.
- Gregory: Which is spring.
- Azat: Agreed.
- All agree.
- We do not add a geographical restriction on the location.
- talking about criteria:
- Gregory: we should formulate different criteria - first shot:
- Northamerica - at least 150 ppl
- Southamerica, Oceania - at least 100 ppl
- Europe - at least 250 ppl
- Africa, Asia - at least 50 ppl
- 14.05.2013 - Preparing the criteria
- 15.05.2013 - publishing the call for offers
- 12.06.2013 - deadline for applications (+4 weeks)
- 19.06.2013 - mumble conference(Public) with all offers./public offer opening. (+1 week)
- 26.06.2013 - board selects those who meet the criteria (+1 week)
- 27.06.2013 - members involvement on the GA offers - start (+1 day)
- 12.07.2013 - members involvement on the GA offers - end (+15 days)
- 13.07:2013 - announce winners. (+1 day)
- Thomas: I'd like to vote whether the dates are fixed.
- Yes: Nuno, Denis, Thomas, Marc, Vojtech, Azat, Gregory
- Result: Motion has passed unanimously.
- Responsible for e-democracy involvement (members involvement)
- Nuno: I want to be involved because I proposed the amendment which passed. I want to be responsible to ask which system to be used.
- Vojtech: I'd like to be responsible for selecting the permanent system.
- Gregory: I suggest that you work toghether with Nuno.
- --> Azat, Vojtech and Nuno will work together on this matter (and present possibilities).
10 Presence Board meeting
- suggestion to hold a physical meeting
- Denis: not possible before july
- Weekend in doodle. Location: open
- All board members are in favour to meet in a physical meeting.
- TODO: Gregory sets up a doodle.
11 Online e-Democracy system
- Proposal by Azat: Need to establish plan with actions to build online e-Democracy system for PPI (According to http://wiki.pp-international.net/Statutes#XI._Voting )
- Proposed Plan:
- 1. Set-up working group
- 2. Send Call to Members to gather ideas (fixed structure for reply)
- 3. Create document that is going to describe the system
- 4. Create and test the system?
- We agree that we need to figure out which is the right solution to do e-democracy. There are many possibilities, many criteria and also needs of our members.
- (Reminder, forum for pp-international: http://www.pp-international.net/phpBB3/ a subdivision for e-democracy might be built up anytime to discuss "things")
- Gregory: We defined a group which is responsible to work out proposals. I propose that we end the discussion now and that the work group sets up the details how to handle this.
- The group will present their proposals in a future board meeting.
12.1 AOB1 Accepting Board RoP by GA?
- Raised by Vojtech.
- PPI Statutes XIII.(4) The Board adopts rules of procedure that specify the provisions of internal regulations and voting rules.
- Statutes X function of GA are h) to accept internal regulations for the Pirate Parties International and to exercise other functions resulting from these Statutes, …
- Vojtech: Shouldn't we pass our RoP to the GA to decide upon?
- Gegory, Thomas and Denis think that this doesn't make much sense.
- Thomas: Out of experience it works best when a body gives the RoP to itself as they know best their own needs.
- I am OK with that.
12.2 AOB2 Language for PPI: British or American English?
- Raised by Thomas.
- What English to use in our communication and documents?
- Gregory: If someone is familiar with one sort of English he should stick to it. Don't mix sorts of english in one document.
- Thomas: The people involved should agree what English to be used.
- Everyone agrees.
AOB3 - talk about the proposal for reruning the Kazan GA
- raised by Vojtech
- lets talk about this on the next meeting.
- Moved to the next meeting.
- Next Meeting: 2013-05-14 20:00 CEST
- Meeting Closed: 23:02 CEST by Gregory