|Board meeting Sunday, 11. June 2017 21:00 CEST - Draft Agenda|
PPI Minutes 2017 05 22
- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [22/05/2017 14:00]h CEST ---
- Berlin (Germany) Monday, 22 May 2017, 14:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 00:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 22 May 2017, 21:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada) Monday, 22 May 2017, 05:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil) Monday, 22 May 2017, 09:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia) Monday, 22 May 2017, 15:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India) Monday, 22 May 2017, 17:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- London (United Kingdom) Monday, 22 May 2017, 13:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 22 May 2017, 12:00:00
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/iC2JKwPEnN7AYgL
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Thomas, Keith, Ray, Bailey, Andrew
- excused: Guillaume (Vote goes to Thomas), Koen
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 14:00 CEST by Thomas
- Meeting chaired by Thomas
- Secretary for this meeting is Keith
- Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
- Recording started: 14:00
- Postal votes:
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting
YES: Bailey, Thomas, Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Andrew
Minutes approved: Yes. accepted
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Bailey: Nothing to report at the moment
- Keith: CS Subgroup, France/Italy conversations, Israel conference prep, updated the wiki.
- If we want to submit the paperwork to Belgian governement I need copies of ID and/or passport of all board members. Or if some are unwilling to provide those please let me know.
- Whose are you missing? Ray, Bailey and Guillaume
- Raymond: As always working on social media and also communicating with FB regarding the ownership of our main FB Page. Activism continues with many ops and campaigns.
- nothing of importance to report
- 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!
- Financial news
- Cashiers to send invoices on a regularly basis.
- Lay auditors have never responded to mails, request that we replace them.
- Sending correspondence to all those who have not paid without any excuse. Revamping the table to include both years, which I will send to them. I am keeping this pad updated with the details. https://ppi.piratenpad.de/membership-20dues-20update
- France requested an invoice for their payment.
- Italy also indicated that they are paying.
- We need to see the bank balance to confirm payments, before sending the invoice.
- Setting up a single word document, which ties in to an xml file with macros that update invoices.
- Payments for the servers, Belgian tax authorities, postal fee, or any other payments due?
- Swiss Paypal creation (Guillaume?)
- The Treasurer of PPI should have access to the swiss bank account (online)
- Yes: Koen, Thomas, Ray, Keith, Bailey, Andrew
- Abstain: Guillaume
- Result: Approved.
<Note; The recording malfunctioned at this point and a backup recording was started by Ray.>
- Crowdfunding on several different platforms for the conference planned, but not until we lay the groundwork for the conference.
- Crowdfunding for our video campaigns project? or the podcast project?
We decided to do two streams. One stream that is open at all times, and another that is specific for the meeting.
- Keith will work on a text that we can put up after the next meeting for the ongoing CF.
- Think Twice Conference
- CS subgroup meeting proposal to have the conference in Israel (Jerusalem) in about one year's time. We agreed in the meeting that we would present the idea to the board. Please see the subgroup pad for the notes on these meetings. I have closed the pad to avoid having it corrupted again. https://ppi.piratenpad.de/167
- Would very much like to be involved )Koen, and Anders Kleppe, and Arif too, basically we wanted to do a TT again for quite some time but non of us are eager to collect the funding...
- Israel is trying to find the best day and time, especially location. We discussed having it at the universities. May 2018 is the earliest point in time that it would be convenient. Israel should have a response by next week, so we can move forward or if we can move forward. Anders Kleppe from Norway would be interested in facilitating this conference, and we should follow up with him.
- Motion: PPI will follow up with the plan of having a Think Twice Conference in Jerusalem during the summer period of 2018. The board gives assent to the idea of initially exploring the development of this conference through the CS/CF subgroup for this Think Twice Conference. The subgroup will report to the board on a regular basis.
- Yes:Andrew, Ray, Keith, Bailey, Thomas, Guillaume, Koen
- Result: Unanimously Approved
- Social media updates
- Doing polls on Twitter
They will try to make them every Wednesday from now on. Elections are a good focus for the polls.
- wikileads and prison campaigns support are ongoing
- e.g. Free Bogotov campaign in Russia.
- Podcast Idea
- first test showed points that need working on. Bailey and Andrew will test skype and google hangouts as it is felt visual communication is needed in panel discussions. More tests will follow.
Here is an example of a working podcast using google hangouts. I was interviewed by a TV station with 4 participants with video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H2vcvszvu4
We will find a jingle! The best jingle!
- Video Campaign Idea
- Initial Wikileaks support letter by Bailey and Ray.
- Improving our intro.
- Monthly outreach meeting
- From last meeting: There is no set date, the time zone issue exists. Reach out to everyone by email or set a time and date? Rotate the times? Rotating is perhaps easier. If we can establish a date and time for the very first meeting then we can figure out the rest collaboratively.
- Joseph Collentine wants to do a meeting with the international coordinators. This is something that we should keep separate. Andrew was looking for a previous list, that Joseph and Lisa had put together, but the list does not exist anymore. Andrew recommends that we try to reconstruct that list.
- ECOSOC etc.
We received a mail that let's us know there will be a live broadcast where the decision on our application will be made. Webcasting of the 2017 Resumed Session of the Committee on NGOs. 2017 Resumed Session of the NGO Committee will be webcast and can be watched live at: http://webtv.un.org/
- Server update
- Last meeting we were waiting for tech team update, and their conditions for setting up the server. We requested an update on the conditions for the collaboration in order to move forward.
- Brandenburg AG Technik has decided to take over management and service for the PPI server and its programs. No costs will be invoiced. PPI will try to gather further admins who will support and further the technique from PPI under the management of AG Technik - for adding up the personell
- Additonal comment: AG Technik is liability insured, as of the moment has on its own 11 servers and 17 services and hostings.
- Motion: PPI provides tacit approval of the informal proposal listed above. PPI will follow up with a formal document in the future that provides more precise language and identifies the admins and management team. The AG Technik Brandenburg is hereby asked to start its work according to this tacit approval.
- Yes:Andrew,Bailey, Thomas, Keith, Raymond,
- Abstain: Guillaume
- Result: Motion passed.
6 AOB - Any other business
- Guillaume sent us CFP for the NGOs at WTO: https://www.wto.org/english/forums_e/public_forum17_e/themepf17_e.htm
- Call for presenters/ workshops at WTO in Geneva.
4 June 2017 deadline
- Is someone from PPI going to present? Guillaume?
- Registration of PPI as an NGO in Switzerland, a meeting will take place to check the structure within the next 1-2 weeks. (Presumably that meeting has not happened yet. To be remembered for next meeting).
- Mailing lists, issue of people who were on our leaders mailing lists that are no longer receiving emails. We were waiting on Andrew for a list of leaders to update these mailing lists. Thomas, in order to add people to the mailing list can they self-enroll by writing to https://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/pp-leaders
They can sign up on their own, but they would need to provide specific information on who they are. Otherwise, the best way is to let Thomas know directly. There is an issue with certain Google Emails, and we need to update our software perhaps. Most of the emails from before were international@ PARTY NAME, so we could perhaps send out test emails as such.
- Online democracy
Response to Italy, Aram Gurekian
Article about it, Guillaume is working on the article. Guillaume sent a graph for making policy decisions. We should prepare a simple response though by email for Aram. Can Keith send it to him? Many people are probably not familiar with how to use Loomio and Redmine, and hence they want a simple tutorial, which we could borrow from those already written. Keith will send Aram an email response. We will follow up with Guillaume about the larger proposal.
- Revamping the language of the PPI statutes
These would appear to be the perfect type of issues to be discussed through the rubric for online democratic decision making that Guillaume is proposing. Guillaume was going to see a lawyer to follow up on nonsensical information and trying to clean it up. We should try to have it in one piece for the GA, rather than having to go through statute by statute. We may need a separate statute about making prior online decisions, whereby we could approve previously given postal votes to count. We can have online votes in between. The statutes are an opportunity using Liquid Feedback and/or Redmine. Perhaps we can just go ahead with Redmine. We could also set it up where they can email their vote in, and they can vote by email and we can add that to the Redmine.
- Statute Subgroup Volunteers: Thomas, Andrew, Keith, Guillaume?
- Pirate Research Proposal, gaining access to Lime Survey. How does Keith get access to our Lime Survey hosting? We will follow up with Thomas. The goals is to do some type of questionnaire to get feedback and conduct research about Pirate supporters in different countries.
- Thomas will give the info to AG Technik for getting Keith on it.
- Publishing online democracy report in Pirate Times and on our website, or anything else that we would like to publish? We will think about it.
- Updating decisions of the 2016 and 2017 GA to the Wiki
Keith updated the decisions into the Wiki and requests that the board vote to approve those changes as a formality: http://wiki.pp-international.net/Decisons_of_GA
- Cleaning up the Wiki Tech Group
- Thomas can't because he is not empowered to do so. No update for now.
- Inventory of members, collaborating with the Pirate Times API, need to fix the json on Github
- Ongoing work. A subgroup is needed eventually, but we will put this for a later date.
- New tool that will enable us to use video for meetings
- please sign in om.ag-technik.de (there will be no response mail)
- Setting up automatic emails for reminders on the board meeting
<Last time got messed up, do we have a permanent list of meeting times so it doesn't get messed up again?> http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Board_Meetings
- Website Maintenance (Guillaume will be updating the website to the latest Wordpress and setting up a firewall to prevent misuse.)
Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-06-11 21:00 CEST (19:00 UTC)
- London (United Kingdom) Sunday, 11 June 2017, 20:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
- Berlin (Germany) Sunday, 11 June 2017, 21:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 12 June 2017, 04:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada) Sunday, 11 June 2017, 12:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil) Sunday, 11 June 2017, 16:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia) Sunday, 11 June 2017, 22:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India) Monday, 12 June 2017, 00:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- New York (USA) Sunday, 11 June 2017, 15:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
- Jakarta (Indonesia) Monday, 12 June 2017, 02:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 11 June 2017, 16:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
- Hanoi (Vietnam) Monday, 12 June 2017, 02:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 12 June 2017, 07:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 11 June 2017, 19:00:00
Meeting Closed: 15:24 CEST (13:00 UTC)