PPI Conference 2017 - General Assembly by Video: Saturday, November 25th and Sunday, November 26th, 2017 - PPI_Conference_2017
Board meeting Monday, 20. November 2017 14:00 CET - Draft Agenda Videotool, just log in: https://zoom.us/j/follows

PPI Minutes 2017 09 18

From pp International
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 18/09/2017 08:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/plQ9TbJD9HrLHO5
Video recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/MXUnc9MXLe6nzwF

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Thomas, Bailey, Ray, Keith, Guillaume
excused:
unexcused: Koen, Nikolay

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating: Dominick

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 08:02 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: meeting is held by video conference
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: none


3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_09_03

YES: Thomas, Bailey, Guillaume, Keith, Ray NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: Meeting this week regarding our presence in Geneva with the director of the Interior. Looking for rooms for the Geneva GA, (Whether to have a smoking room for the GA?) Interview about the legalization of cannabis and the intelligence service act of Switzerland.
  • Bailey: Nothing really to report, just the usual stuff. Need to get on the next membership meeting.
  • Keith: Been super busy with publications. Done some communication on TT3. I am waiting to send the Pursuance and other announcements, as I wanted the websites to be up and running. I am going to send an update to our Gofundme group.
  • Koen: -
  • Nikolay: -
  • Raymond: Nothing to report.
  • Thomas: Nothing to report.
  • Alternates:
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!


5.1a Upcoming GA

Proposal 1: It was decided during the special GA meeting last week that we would have a small forum GA in Geneva at the end of November. This GA will involve a small group of board members and participants who attend on site at the UN and a large online constituent. Having the event at the UN will better establish our presence with ECOSOC. The GA will be broadcast with video conferencing through Zoom and additional voting sites, which will facilitate correspondence from participants who are not physically in attendance. As a formality, we are presenting this proposal at the board meeting to ensure that no one has any objections.
  • The second GA of 2017 will take place with a small forum and video conference in Geneva from Nov. 25th/26th.
YES: Thomas, Keith, Guillaume,Bailey, Ray
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
  • Motion passed
Additional details about the location. Do we want to have it smoking or not smoking facilities?
Smoking will be accomodated. Dates are confirmed. Guillaume will make it happen. We can start booking tickets.
We will need to coordinate with our members about announcing the meeting. How should we communicate attendance for the meeting? Should we send out invitations about actual attending the meeting perhaps with limited seating? We will write out the invitation later, in which we will specify information encouraging people to attend online. There is a restaurant with a meeting room that we can use, which is located downtown where we can have the meeting. The ECOSOC rooms are reserved for activities within the UN. It may not be a good idea to have the meeting on the premises, but for the day that we are going to the UN it will not be a problem for us to use a room there. So, for Friday we will have the meeting at the UN and then on Saturday at the restaurant. They are a 15 minute tram ride apart. People who might want to show up will need to know that there is limited space.

5.1b 2018 GA

Proposal 2: In the prior GA meeting we also decided to have a vote on whether to have the 2018 GA in Jerusalem on March 5 immediately following TT3. This would be a large forum GA. The GA would also be broadcast online, and members who do not attend will be able to mail/send their votes online and participate simultaneously through video conferencing. Our goal for this GA is to have a large constituent of members present at the conference. Having the GA after TT3 will also enable us to economize on travel and improve attendance.
  • The first GA of 2018 will take place on March 5th with a large forum and video conference in Jerusalem following TT3.
YES: Thomas, Keith
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
  • Counter proposal:
Should we have the vote about the 2018 GA during the 2017 GA? Should we have a bunch of members present to make this decision? Should we enable the community to give feedback?
  • We will wait until the next board meeting to make a decision on the 2018 GA. In the meantime, we will inform the members about this decision. Keith will write an email to pp-leaders and the other groups that proposes the 2018 GA in Jerusalem. Keith will set up a Loomio or Redmine thread so that we can handle this efficiently.


5.2 ECOSOC

  • Guillaume will communicate with others to look at the opportunities available and ways that we can interact more. In Switzerland there is a new vice president Carlos Polo? who is very interested in ECOSOC and international relations. Guillaume will communicate with him about how we can proceed.


5.3 Membership database

  • See last board meeting. Next report mid october.

5.4 Pirate Awards

  • No updates. Skipped till next board meeting.

5.5 Think Twice Conference

We have been inviting people individually by email. We need to get our website running, as well as the thinktwice.co or the prior think twice website. Could the old TT1 website be renovated for use? Thomas will take care of it. The assistance of the other board members will be requested once we have all of the websites prepped.

5.6 Social media updates

  • No updates. Skipped till next board meeting.

5.7 Video Campaign

  • No updates. Skipped till next board meeting.

5.8 Monthly outreach meeting

  • Poll will go out Monday or Tuesday. Bailey will send it out.

5.9 Server update

  • Still ongoing. We are waiting for a response from Google Support. They set up a number of parts of the site. Right now we are trying to transfer the website, but the process is still ongoing.

5.10 Statutes revision

  • We will have a special meeting one month before the GA, in which we

5.11 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools

In production.

5.12 Podcasts

  • No updates. Skipped till next board meeting.

5.13 Pirate Research

  • their will be a special meeting about it. Including potential academics being included. If anyone has an academic contact that they feel will be interested in collaborating

5.14 Finances

  • We need to create a registry of individual members. We need to remove the names of individual contributors from the finances registry. We should have an option in the future that allows people to choose whether to be anonymous or names broadcasted. We also need to be sure to distinguish between contributors and members.
  • Bank balance is 2142.72 CHF

6 AOB - Any other business

Internet Party

  • No updates. Skipped till next board meeting.

Pursuance Project

  • No updates. Skipped till next board meeting.


===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-10-08 14:00 CEST (12:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 09:06 CEST (07:06 UTC)