WOPI (Women Pirates) project aim is to increase women's visibility in Pirate Movement and in Politics. WOPI is committed to ensuring that gender equality is integrated in democracy building. As a cross cutting dimension of democracy, gender is addressed through two complementary and critical approaches; gender mainstreaming and women’s empowerment.
- We are a community composed of members from different Pirate Parties in the World. We are dedicated to improving women's visibility and involvement and to increase the number of women in politics at all.
- Anyone can participate in this project, regardless of sex, age, job, etc.
- We believe that the Internet and politics remain open and participatory. This also means accessible in the same way to all - women and men alike.
- We believe that all individuals must have the ability to shape their own experiences on the Internet. Let's give everyone the same opportunity to do so.
- We believe solutions should continuously be proposed in order to improve the visibility of all minorities, who for various reasons might not have equal access to computers or the Internet. This project is an example of this, as it aims at ameliorating women's presence and participation Pirate politics
- We believe Pirate movement needs more women!
- Define WOPI manifesto
- Define tasks and how to participate section
- Create a website (or wiki)
- Contact similar groups - Women in Politics, FLOSS, etc.
- Get more people on board
please add your name on the list, if you want to help us with this project ! We need you !
- Brazil - Jhessica
- Switzerland - Pat/Valio