- MINUTES for PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 03/05/2010 ---
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI Board
- Jerry Weyer
- Bogomil Shopov
- Joachim Mönch
- Aleksandar Blagojevic
- Gregory Engels
- Nicolas Sahlqvist
- (Jakub excused absent)
1.2 - Others
- Samir Allioui
- Roderick (PP AUS)
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 20:21 (CEST) by Jerry.
- Secretary for this meeting is Joachim.
- Quorum established with 6 of 7 Coreteam members present.
- Meeting closed at 21:52 (CEST) by Jerry.
3 - OPENING REMARKS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
3.1 - Board meetings rules of procedure (proposed by Jerry)
- Source: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/28.
- No further discussion needed, proceed to vote immediately.
- Do you accept the rules of procedure as laid down in the Pad?
- Result of vote: Proposal Passed (Yes: 6| No: 0| Abstain: 0).
3.2 - Letter of support for Czech Pirates (proposed by Bogo)
- On May 28th the Czech Pirate Party will run in the Parliamentary Elections. They need our support.
- Bogo an Jay will prepare a support letter for the Czech Prate Party until tomorrow evening. Joachim is going to join Prague Meeting the weekend before the elections.
- General discussion see 4.2 as well.
4 - AGENDA
4.1 - Action plan and work distribution (proposed by Jerry)
- Source: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/26
- The board will distribute the most important tasks. The work distribution will be updated once a moth according to the needs and developments.
- The board members agreed on the following distribution:
- Setting up the PPI Headquartes (Jerry)
- IT infrastructure (Bogo)
- Conference planning (Jerry and Gregory)
- Censor taskforce (Nicco)
- Backlog/Archive for new parties (Gregory)
- Translation team/text production (Jerry)
- Legal taskforce (Jakub and Jerry)
4.2 - Support Parties during election campaigns (proposed by Jerry)
- We should promote parties that will participate in elections the best way possible. My first proposal is to chose one party per week and "feature" it. We will publish a portrait on the website, promote links to the donations page, update their wiki pages (PPI and Wikipedia) etc. We should start immeditely with the UK Party and continue depending on the upcoming elections.
- Do you agree on the "Party of the Week idea as described right now?"
- "Party of the Week" Vote: Proposal Passed (Yes: 6| No: 0| Abstain: 0).
5 - REPORTS
5.1 - Contact Data (proposed by Jerry)
- Bogo should give us an update on his task to collect reliable contact information from every pirate party.
- 20 confirmed contacts of PP collected at the moment: Argentina, Australia, Brazil,Bulgaria,Canada, Finland, Germany (lower saxony only), Italy, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Netherlands, Slovenia, Turkey, UK, Uruguay, USA, Swiss, Bosnia & Herzegovina and Russia. More is coming this week and next week.
- Plus: contacts of 3 NGO's.
6 - TO DO
6.1 - Write support letter for Czech Pirate Party (by Bogo/Jerry)
7 - NEXT MEETING
- Meeting set for Monday 10th May 20.00 CET/CEST