- MINUTES for PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 07/09/2010 ---
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
1.2 - Others
- Ralph Hinterleitner
- Anita Friedrich
- Moira Brüllisauer
- Boris Turovskiy
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 21 : 16 (CEST) by Jerry
- Secretaries for this meeting are Joachim and Gregory
- Quorum is not established with 3 of 7 board members present.
- Jakub is excused, unknown whereabouts of Aleksander and Bogomil
- Streaming started: [Yes]
- Recording started: [Yes]
- Meeting closed at 21 : 57 (CEST) by Jerry
3 - OPENING REMARKS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
3.1 - Pirate Party of the week (proposed by Jerry)
3.2 - Bavarian PP decides to apply for observer membership (proposed by Jerry)
3.3 - Welcome message to PP Catalunya (proposed by Jerry/Gregory)
- We should finally sent our welcome message to PP-Catalunya: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/welcome-letter-catalunia (Confirmed by audience)
4 - AGENDA
4.1 - Rules of procedure modifications (proposed by Jerry)
- As pointed out last week here is, as a result of the discussion in this conference, the actual status of the proposal to change the rules of procedure to allow the board to be more flexible: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/94
4.2 - PPI Style guide and logo (proposed by Jerry)
- A first set op logos and color schemes is ready: PPI_Identity Further developments should be discussed with Wesley.
- Logos: http://wiki.pp-international.net/images/e/eb/Ppi_logos.pdf
4.3 - Newsletter (proposed by Jerry)
- Joeri will update us on the newsletter and tell us if he needs any help
4.4 - INDECT (proposed by Jerry/Pertain)
- PP-DE appointed Roland Albert as INDECT coordinator. He'd like to introduce himself and talk about options how to push INDECT on an international level.
4.5 - Translation taskforce (Jerry)
- Boris sent a mail to pp-general and seems to work on the translation TF. We should support him as much as possible.
- Boris explains: we could move in 3 directions:
- 1 - compile a news repository about the pirate parties in the world, translate press releases
- 2 - several projects like ACTA, INDECT, etc, that are from Interest to every Pirate Party - to translate the relevant materials in all relevant languages.
- 3 - Print materials; leaflets, flyer etc. - on demand task
- Needs: communication + manpower (it must be known that this taskforce exists)
- Three people responded to the call for translators so far.
- jerry: we are working on installation on the press-release exchange website, it will collect all the press releases from all the pirate parties. Second, it is hard to fullfill "on demand" request, if no infrastructure is present. We need to gather a base of translators and procedures, and then we can start to advertise it - over twitter, mail, forums, etc. We should collect a listing of volunteers.
5 - REPORTS
5.10 - Item Title (proposed by ...)
5.11 - Taskforces
a - PPI ACTA task force
b - PPI Censor task force
c - PPI Conference and event planning task force
d - PPI Legal task force
e - PPI New Parties task force
f - PPI PP-EU task force
g - PPI Tech task force
- Website redesign: we got an offer to help us redesign the website. Bogo and Aleksandar should contact this person and others to set up a website redesign team. (by Jerry)
h - PPI Translation and text production task force
i - PPI Statutes task force
6 - NEXT MEETING
- 14 September 2010, 21.00 MEST