- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 17/09/2013 20:00h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2013-09-17
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Denis, Gregory, Thomas, Nuno (20:12),
1.2 - Others
- Guests: (names)
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
- Meeting opened at 20:07 CEST by Gregory
- Meeting closed at 20:__ CEST by _____
- Meeting chaired by Gregory
- Secretary for this meeting is all of us
- Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: not possible
- Recording started: yes
- Postal votes: None
3 - REPORTS
3.1 - Short report of the board members
Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.
- Gregory: I helped preparing the PP-EU Conference in Luxembourg, together with Denis worked on the press distribution list, have answered journalists inquiries, worked on minor technical issues on the server, have migrated the pp-eu.designers list to the ppi.designteam and have worked with Emanuel Rohringer (PP-AT) on the structure for connecting the pirate designers around the world. (Besides that was pretty busy with the election campaign of PP-DE)
- Nunu: Finishing analisis of permanent online e-democracy systems. Came down to two proposals and made a document about it that I will publish to the PP-Leaders later on today after the meeting. Gave the hat of our Anti-PRISM efforts coordinator to Zbigniew Łukasiak since he was the only one interested in devoting some time to the task.
- Thomas Only standard stuff - so nothing of importance, some minor contact with the freshly founded Pirate Party of Costa Rica (Founded 2013/09/15)
- Denis: I was in Luxembourg at the PPEU meeting, together with Gregory and we wrote a press release. We're officially registered for the upcoming WIPO assembly in Geneva - Gregory and I will go there on several days.
5. WIPO et al.
The General Assembly of the WIPO Member States will be held next week in Geneva. Gregory and Denis are going to attend the meeting on several days. On Wednesday 25th September the member states are going to treat our permanent observer membership application again.
In the first version of the draft agenda we were not on the list. Denis called WIPO and asked whether they forgot us - which they indeed did. They uploaded an updated document, we are in it again.
TODO: Prepare PR for any outcome. -> Denis
- Nuno: The investigation of various e-democracy tools has led down to a closer consideration of two systems that fullfill the reqirements of the e-democracy statutes amendment from Kazan. I will send out the document with the results to the pp-leaders list, and then it is to our members to decide on which of the two tools they prefer (or perhaps submit their own sugestions)
- Gregory: Why not to install one tool and use it to let our members decide, if they whant to change it, instead of leading a tool-discussion.
- Nuno: the most suited tools are LQFB and Loomio
7 General Assembly 2014
- PP-FR had been contacted on the time and date, the board is awaiting an answer so further preperation of the GA can continue.
TODO: (Gregory) Contact Maxime.
- The idea of a think tank conference is under discussion. Next meeting more. Any ideas for a venue, tell the board.
- Next Meeting: 01. Oct. 2013
- Meeting Closed: 20:37 CEST by Gregory