- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [24/10/2016 2100]h CEST ---
- Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 21:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 08:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 04:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Montag, 24. Oktober 2016, 12:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 17:00 BRST UTC-2 hours
- Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 22:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India - Delhi) Tuesday, 25. Oktober 2016, 00:30 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 24. Oktober 2016, 19:00:00
- --- [24/10/2016 2100]h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: https://archive.org/download/PPIBoardMeeting20161024/PPI-Board-Meeting_2016-10-24.ogg
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Ray,Bailey,Thomas, Andrew (Pad only),Guillaume
- unexcused: Keith, Koen
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Nikolay
- Bastian (Padviewer)
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 21:05 CEST by Bailey
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is Thomas
- Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: not possible
- Recording started: yes - https://archive.org/download/PPIBoardMeeting20161024/PPI-Board-Meeting_2016-10-24.ogg
- Postal votes: none
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2016_10_09
YES: Ray, Thomas, Bailey, Guillaume NO: ABSTENTIONS: Andrew
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Guillaume: Awaiting for the bank's feedback, Received an application from "French Pirate Lobby" for observer membership
- Bailey: Update from the board was published on the website a little over a week ago. Sorry I didn’t send the final draft to you guys, I meant to but also just thought it should get up there ASAP. It seems to be getting positive responses on social media and a few people messaged me saying they like the direction we’re going in. :) No new responses from members or non-members to feedback questions.
- Andrew: Travelling to Iceland today will meet with PPIS and international Pirates while I am there and report back.
- Keith: Is about figuring out the history of finance within PPI and for the way forward
- Koen: not present
- Raymond: Nothing in particular to report in this format. Working on a basis for SoMe "Rules of Procedure". Will share with SoMe team when I get to a certain point.
- Thomas: Been busy with PPDE stuff covering my time. Sorry.
- Nicolay: nothing to report
- 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!
5 Pirate Shop
Patrick and Gordon of PPDE are attending and will update us on this.
- Postponed to the next board meeting
6 General Assembly 2017
The earlier we start on it, the less stressful it will be. :) We should start thinking about where we may want to have it and who we need to reach out to, as well as fundraising and other logistical things. We should probably have a separate meeting, but does anyone have any ideas at this time?
- GA ought to be before June, 30th, 2017for tax reasons due to the AISBL in Belgium (deadline to deposit the approved financial report)
- the call for application for the venue should be drafted--> Thomas
7 Pirate Radio
- a technical working group set up a pirate radio, incl. the legal parts cleared by now. Thomas has booked a slot of one hour a month for start. Moderation could be done by Bailey due to here experience.
- Thomas takes care about the contact, so Bailey is in it soon and can take over, including preparing the radio format. To be discussed again about the format.
8 Icelandic Elections
- Happening this Saturday, the 29th! Very exciting. It's still looking like a huge victory for the Pirates. You probably saw that the board received an e-mail from Elbert of PPNL asking us to publish a press release about it. So I started a new pad here for us to work on https://piratenpad.de/p/Iceland_Elections_2016__PPI_Press_Release
- PiratesForIceland Coordination: https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/1/edit/Hb2Rg4Zrr100nSNa0Z7x1Q/Ur1GsppgX3xobOqjATB6v2Ro Let's help promote this all week!
9 Informative part
9.1 - Informative - Task #346: Member and contact databases updates
Work is ongoing to collect and update contacts.
- Ongoing process
- still on it
9.2 - Informative - Task #350: IT - Servers relocations and consolidation
- On going work from Thomas Gaul, which is in communication with Raymond.
- https://ppi.piratenpad.de/2016-Server-New to be discussed and filled in
- Thomas is summarizing the needed info from several source atm. Will be checked with Ray and sent to "Bahnhof", Sweden to find out about the price (1 server only atm)
- Guillaume reminds the attendees as to the reasons of the relocation, as it was clearly stated in the 2016 report of the board that the current hosting and IT arrangements were unsatisfactory, and created great hinderences in the work of the board and PPI @large.
- Guillaume reminds that we have a hard deadline by November 2nd to move our server to another provider.
- Ray contacts Bahnhof and will come back to Guillaume for renting a server according to the needed specs.
9.3 - Informative - Task #354: Access Inventory
Thomas Gaul started a list with those people who actually have access to certain
services from PPI. In the end, the list should include all services!
A follow-up is required.
This should include even the tech stuff.
Please help out!
- Nothing new. The information from secret will have to be added. Ongoing.
9.4 - Informative - Task #355: Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties
- Work is ongoing.
And where is the other part?
- Internal deadline for sending out the invoices to our member: 15. November 2016, provided the information have been gathered.
9.5 - Informative - Task #356: Implementation of the Bitcoin payment system
- I've had good experiences using kraken.com and bitstamp.net, looked into quite a few exchanges
- Awaiting the bank so it can be handled accordingly.
9.6 - Informative - Task #357: Minimal budget development for 2016
- Identify the costs and incomes.
- No new info about server costs
- Paypal funds will be transferred to new PPI bank account
A draft provisional budget is now available here.https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheets/d/1eT8dQMDKrgpC21DTWr_15Qgw3mPcGEpINwbwuueEgLI/edit?usp=sharing
- Please also look into:
- Update: Nothing new
9.7 Other ongoing projects
- 15 Min break: Starting 21:35
- break is extended for about 10 min. Waiting for Pakki and Gordon
- Meeting is continued at 22:05
- Neither Pakki nor Gordon showed up
10 AOB - Any other business
- Eulogy to be prepared. For social media. (McFadden)
Next Meeting: Sunday, 2016-11-06 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT)
- Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 08:00:00 CET UTC+1 hour
- Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 16:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 00:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 05:00:00 BRST UTC-2 hours
- Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 10:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 12:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 6 November 2016, 07:00:00
Meeting Closed: 22:11 CEST by Bailey