From PPI
Revision as of 15:46, 18 March 2018 by 37.142.116.148 (talk) (Created page with "Please write any issues for the next board meeting below: ::'''Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING''' ::'''--- 12/03/2018 21:00 h CET ---''' :: Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de ::...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Please write any issues for the next board meeting below:


Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 12/03/2018 21:00 h CET ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de:443/owncloud/index.php/s/pI65B7hfVMfWP1M
Video: https://zoom.us/j/579772139

new location: zoom.us/j/6667772992

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Ray, Keith, Guillaume, Dan
excused: Thomas (annual reception BVMW e.V.), Bailey (work)
unexcused: Koen?, Nikolay?,

Thomas's vote goes to Keith, Bailey's vote goes to Dan.

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 21:07 CET by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started: 21:12
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting

https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_02_25

YES: Ray, Keith, Thomas, Guillaume, Bailey, Dan NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved?

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: Through my involvment in the OpenGeneva innovation festical, I am getting closer to NGO located in Geneva. Very busy with important referendums which occured last week.
  • Bailey:
  • Keith: TT3. I'm exhausted. Working on new relations with other Middle Eastern countries. Pirates for Peace. Upcoming elections.
  • Koen:
  • Nikolay:
  • Raymond: Business as usual. Most of my time goes to my work. Since last time we coordinated a campaign for Reality Winner. On behalf of PPI Bailey Lamon and I worked with ExposeFacts, Courage Foundation and a large number of activists. It was a success with more than 24 million impressions over a few hours.
  • Thomas:
  • Alternates:
  • Adam:
  • Etienne
  • Daniel: none
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 - Proposal No. 1

April 9th Deadline for Paper Contribution on Right to Privacy in the Digital Age

There is the opportunity to contribute to a paper "the right to privacy in the digital age" driven by the office of the high commissioner for human rights Please check go and read about it here: http://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/DigitalAge/Pages/ReportPrivacy.aspx

https://falkvinge.net/

The article series: https://falkvinge.net/2017/12/16/analog-equivalent-privacy-rights-01/ "In a series of 21 posts on this blog, we’ll examine how privacy rights — essential civil liberties — have been completely lost in the transition to digital. The erosion is nothing short of catastrophic."

@Guillaume will send an initial draft. @Dan will share with his colleagues to include information from South America. We should make it a global analysis and not just Eurocentric.
Upcoming GA
Whether to have the first and/or second GA online.
In 2019 we could make a larger physical GA that can bring a lot of pirates who would be excited about European Parliament elections. We could use the dates to make a bigger event.
We should combine the GA with the Pirate Security conference and/or Think Twice. We need to economize on people's travel and make sure that we gather a large crowd to have a physical GA.


TT3 summary
invoices: think-twice.co/budget
funnel through PPI
pdf document
country donations
give pics some love https://www.facebook.com/events/529202864128696/?ti=icl

https://www.facebook.com/events/529202864128696/?active_tab=discussion

improvement on content production
Are we going to be part of the Munich security conference?
Are we going to have Think Twice again?
Add a document link for each item before the meeting. This way we could format a proposal and have counter proposals.
ECOSOC groundpasses and meetings
itemize calendar and people
Working group meeting in Czech
I proposed that a group of international pirates would like to visit the Czech pirates and coordinate some volunteer campaigns. They indicated that summer would be best. Who would like to go? Maybe Dan will be interested. Others are also considering it. If anyone is interested in going, send Keith an email: keith.goldstein@pp-international.net
mailing lists
pirate leaders and pirate leaders discussion is an unmoderated list.
Keith will send an email to the leaders and discussion groups to see if anyone should be on this list, please submit their email.
A DNS should be created for the old mailing lists. This will prevent spam from reaching the old mailing lists.
Collaboration with ppeu

https://european-pirateparty.eu/ Let's try to figure out when is the next meeting. One of us can attend, and then we can report to the board.

Bastian will update PPEU that we leintend to come as observers.
The meeting is April 11th, 20:00 CET. See their website for updates.
redmine

https://tasks.pp-international.net

put pressure on the forces who may be to get Redmine up and running.
  • In the coming board meeting we should have more alternate and regular board members. It would be great considering our request for a larger board.

6 AOB - Any other business

TechTeam wishes to close the old mailinglist to prevent spam and mismatch.
Yesterday we had to fend off a very strong ddos attack
===================================================

Next Meeting: 25.03.2018 08:00 CEST Meeting Closed: 22:26 CET