- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [25/03/2018 08:00]h CEST ---
- London (United Kingdom) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 07:00 BST UTC+1 hr
- Berlin (Germany) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 08:00 CEST UTC+2 hrs
- Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 15:00 JST UTC+9 hrs
- Vancouver (Canada) Saturday, 24.03.2018, 23:00 PDT UTC-7 hrs
- São Paulo (Brazil) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 03:00 BRT UTC-3 hrs
- Moscow (Russia) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 09:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs
- New Delhi (India) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 11:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs
- New York (USA) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 02:00 EDT UTC-4 hrs
- Jakarta (Indonesia) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 13:00 WIB UTC+7 hrs
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 03:00 ART UTC-3 hrs
- Hanoi (Vietnam) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 13:00 ICT UTC+7 hrs
- Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 19:00 NZDT UTC+13 hrs
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 25.03.2018, 06:00
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/T4nj6GZpOS1tD4Z
- Video: https://zoom.us/j/6667772992
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Thomas, Bailey, Keith, Guillaume,
- excused: Ray (ISP down),
- unexcused: Koen, Nikolai
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Dan,
- excused: Gregory
- unexcused:Etienne, Adam
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 08:07 CEST by Guillaume
- Meeting chaired by Guillaume (til 08:30), Thomas will continue
- Secretary for this meeting is all of us
- Quorum established with 4 (5 technically) out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
- Recording started: yes
- Postal votes: none
- Notes on meeting process
- Ray's vote goes to Bailey
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_03_12
YES: Ray,Bailey, Thomas, Dan, Keith, Guillaume NO: ABSTENTIONS:
Minutes are approved
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- nothing anew to PPI as for I have taken over a new job with a full workload
- nothing to report. Workload got me.
- UN registrations, TT cleanup, mailing lists, document on right to privacy
- Business as usual.
- nothing out of the normal
- I started talking to Keith about a pirate gathering in Czechia, but I was invited to play in some shows outside Brazil so I will have to see about my vacations, dates, till I get the confirmation.
- 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!
5 Tech Stuff
- needs to be feeded on a more regular basis.
- Should we invite our members to add on to it with "guest articles" and such?
- creating more content
- "newsletter" on a monthly basis (at least) (10 lines as a start)
- invite member parties to hand in articles. members writing about their experiences
- distribute it on pp-leaders and the website, shared everywhere
- keep it simple at first!
- Turnover in the team. Bastian and remainder of the team have been working hard. Thanks to them. They had to recover a lot of work.
- Framasoft: please have a look at it, esp. the etherpad stuff they have advanced way above the German solution. French and English is available atm, adoption other languages - they need help, who would like to volunteer, contact themself or ask Guillaume
- They have a large number of applications. This is their pad for example: https://framapad.org/
- We can ask for sponsoring to offer the services to all Pirate parties.
- We should ask Bastian and his team about the feasibility.
- Should we adopt Framasoft? It will probably take about 8 to 10 months to complete.
- Decision: We will gather more information for next meeting, start using it ourselves, and then update in the next meeting.
- We will have a workshop on the future of these tools down the road.
- We will start working with the framasoft pad soon. It is an attempt to innovate.
- We will prepare a presentation for next time.
- Mailing list merge
- pp-leaders vs. pp.leaders.discussion needs to be syncronysed? - No need to as different intentions for each.
- FB groups and Telegram have replaced the discussion.
- Further "leaders" needs to be added, SM might help us out collecting the relevant people
- Make mailing list (sending online)
- Further scheme: building up an internal database (beside the old one) who is resp. for each party, them being main responsible to add/change their own data.
- Who shall administer our mailing lists in the future? (team?)
- Write an article and post it on the website and email to the leaders. If someone wants to get mail, then they need to write groups.pp-international.net
6 UN Stuff
- Current list of those wishing to attend ECOSOC events of UN in NY
- Joseph Klein, USPP (Wisconsin)
- Sayyida al-Hurra (Wisconsin)
- Liz Gorski USPP (New York)
- Ohad Shem Tov (PPIL)
- Keith Goldstein (PPIL)
- Is it ok that we send Joseph and Sayyida, in addition to the already approved representatives?
Agreed: Dan,Keith,Thomas, Bailey Against: Decision:
- NY Groundpass letters and approval of all 6 attendees of the DCS on May 21-22.
- 21.05.2018 TO 22.05.2018
- 6th Biennial High-level Meeting of the Development Cooperation Forum (DCF)
- New York
- 2018 ECOSOC Special Meeting “Towards sustainable, resilient and inclusive societies through participation of all”
- 16.07.2018 TO 19.07.2018
- ECOSOC High-level Segment: “From global to local: supporting sustainable and resilient societies in urban and rural communities”
- New York
- We have two people who want to show up at http://cop24.katowice.eu/ on our behalf. Could you check if registration? It is not possible it seems through the ECOSOC registration as this is not an ECOSOC event and it is not at the UN headquarters.
- UN collaborative paper submission 2500 words, April 9th, 2018 https://ppi.piratenpad.de/april9ohchr
- Working group time proposal
- Please go to the pad and add your ideas.
- Think Twice 4
- Municipality of Jerusalem could sponsor a conference being the size of about 300 people. The details are being asked for by Piratim.
- PSC 2019
- supposed to be in Feb. 2019, do we stick for taken a lead role in this?
- It is supposed to be a side conference with the Munich Security conference, but it is an ongoing discussion whether we could change venues.
- We should ask Guillaume to contact Alex about the 2019 conference.
- Ray: I am critical about making desicion about x number of thousands of Euros in costs without more than 12 words to base my desicion on. Where is the budget, descrtiption and background information? I formally suggest we push the desicion about taking over and running the conference until we are presented with more information.
- Proposal: late autumn (real life) - "call for" needs to be prepped. Still preferred: other continents beside Europe and Asia.
- Having a big physical GA, including the video stuff.
- Thomas will be prepare the "call for"
8 Fundraising/Merchandizing etc
- Mandate to discuss merchandising Denk Selbst e.V.
Decision to allow Thomas to discuss merchandising.
- TT3 Invoices: PPFR to PPI, PPCH to PPI, and PPI to Muslala
- done by Keith
x - Proposal No. 1
- Motion passed/failed
8 AOB - Any other business
- "small" Pirates meeting in the Czech republic this summer.
Next Meeting: Monday, 2018-04-09 14:00 CEST (12:00 UTC)
- London (United Kingdom) Monday, 9.04.2018, 13:00 BST UTC+1 hr
- Berlin (Germany) Monday, 9.04.2018, 14:00 CEST UTC+2 hrs
- Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 9.04.2018, 21:00 JST UTC+9 hrs
- Vancouver (Canada) Monday, 9.04.2018, 05:00 PDT UTC-7 hrs
- São Paulo (Brazil) Monday, 9.04.2018, 09:00 BRT UTC-3 hrs
- Moscow (Russia) Monday, 9.04.2018, 15:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs
- New Delhi (India) Monday, 9.04.2018, 17:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs
- New York (USA) Monday, 9.04.2018, 08:00 EDT UTC-4 hrs
- Jakarta (Indonesia) Monday, 9.04.2018, 19:00 WIB UTC+7 hrs
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) Monday, 9.04.2018, 09:00 ART UTC-3 hrs
- Hanoi (Vietnam) Monday, 9.04.2018, 19:00 ICT UTC+7 hrs
- Wellington (New) Tuesday, 10.04.2018, 00:00 NZST UTC+12 hrs
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 9.04.2018, 12:00
Meeting Closed: 09:03 CEST (07:03 UTC)