From PPI
Revision as of 21:53, 12 August 2018 by ThomasG (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [12/08/2018 14:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.ppi.rocks
Audio recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/nxHlz3gXxHb1lBS
Video: n/a

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Keith, Ray, Thomas, Guillaume, Koen (14:16)
excused: Bailey
unexcused: Nikolay,

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Adam (board member from 14:15 CEST onward)
excused: Dan
unexcused:
Guests
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 14:06 CEST by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is all of us
Quorum established with 4 (5 votes) - changed to 6 (7 votes) out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes, https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/nxHlz3gXxHb1lBS
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process
Bailey's vote is given to Ray.

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_08_02

YES: Ray, Thomas, Keith, Guillaume, Bailey NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved!

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:
admin errands.
  • Bailey:
excused
  • Keith:
Conversations about budgets and GA plans. Set up an online form for signing up for the GA with LimeSurvey. Hoping to establish our Moodle with tutorials, restart our Podcasts, and other stuff, but I have a long to-do list that keeps getting longer.
  • Koen:
not present
  • Nikolay:
not present
  • Raymond:
Business as usual. Nothing to report beyond that.
  • Thomas:
asked PPDE and PPCZ for a voluntary fee for PPI. PPDE in a board meeting, PPCZ in writing. Awaiting the meeting with our cashiers for a real good work flow. Just for info, according to the 20% rule, both just have to pay 353.26 EUR. If the rule would not have been given as for covering "German" influence to the PPI it would have been: 1,513.96 EUR for PPCZ and 1,343,82 EUR for PPDE. This is a vital loss up money for an international organization being with UN stuff etc. This just needs to be changed A.S.A.P. The PPI must not have to gnaw on the starvation cloth when important tasks have to be taken over.
Next "Cemetary Mediteranean Sea" on Monday, 20th August 2018 at 21:00 CEST
Not yet broadcast on all channels, but will be sent this evening.
  • Alternates:
  • Adam:
Nothing to report.
  • Etienne
  • Daniel
excused
  • Gregory:

5 - Formalites

  • Declaring a seat vacant: Nikolay Voronov
XIII. Functions of the Board
(8) A Board member may resign at any moment. After resignation, death, long term disease or if a Member of the Board does not execute its functions for more than three months, his seat becomes vacant. If the seat has neither become vacant by resignation nor death of the Board Member the remaining Board Members have to declare the seat as vacant by majority vote. ...
  • Motion: The board declares the seat of Nikolay Voronov being vacant.
Reasoning: The last contact with Nikolay had been for the board meeting for the 12th of March 2018, him excusing himself.
  • Vote:
Yes: Ray, Bailey, Thomas, Guillaume, Keith
No:
Abstain:
Result: Motion passed
Adam is asked if he takes the seat - he accepts. Adam is Member of the board effective immediately
He is doing the Mediterrenean campaign. He used to be a skipper on a SAR vessel and pulled many people from the sea. He would like to report about these projects/campaign, which he will fill us in on another occasion. We had published some of his comments a couple years ago in an article. There is another meeting about this in two weeks on a Monday evening.
Next "Cemetary Mediteranean Sea" on Monday, 20th August 2018 at 21:00 CEST

6 - General Assembly 2018

  • Munich Nov.3-4
  • Semi-asyncrounous GA , similar to the format held in Geneva. We hope to extend this by enabling discussions before the event.
Online tools updates
Discourse and Poll Everywhere
We encourage everyone to sign up for Discourse as soon as we have it made available. Usual rules will be enforced, meaning that trolling will not be tolerated.
  • Sign Up Reminders
Formulate the GA Invitations
as a non formal proposal, Ray, Keith and Thomas will prepare the invitation within this week. Deadline: Saturday. Bailey and Guillaume will review it.
Online Form
Lime Survey questionnaire, a General Assembly Sign Up Form and Opinions Survey:

https://lime.ppi.rocks/limesurvey/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=731454&lang=en

Comments on making it shorter or less open-ended.
Do we need emails? We do really need to know the emails of our members. We do have a mailing list. Keith sent a copy to Ray. We also have PP-Leaders and our social media.
Proposal for a member survey. We need to know delegates and other information. We should have a survey that includes more than just the GA sign up.
Members should maintain their contacts and make sure that we have them, and not the other way around. However, for due diligence, we should also make sure to have their contact information.
Keith and Ray will expand the GA sign up form with more questions to enable a member survey.
Question of whether we can request other email addresses? The idea being under the GDPR whether we can request other people's email addresses. The answer being that we can if the email is used only for the explicit purpose of this announcement.
Please indicate your email address or social media contact, so we can send you further information about the GA. (We will only use this data with for the purpose of administrative contact with PPI, and not share yourdata with any third party without your consent.)
If you think that the upcoming GA can be of interest to anyone else, please indicate the email address or social media contact of this person in order to inform her about the upcoming GA. (We will only use this data with for the purpose of administrative contact with PPI, and not share this person's data with any third party without her consent.)
Please fill out the form above and let Keith know if you have any comments about editing it. The final version of the form will be completed within a week.
  • GA Costs
earmarking a certain percentage of affiliation fees/donations to pay back a voucher for GA organizers to fly in
Guillaume indicates that with registration and other costs, we are in danger of burning through our liquidities. So, we may need to put this issue on hold.
It may be necessary to rent a location to host multiple visitors.
  • Break out events and workshops, keynotes
Recommendations for keynote, but before mentioning them publically, we will be contacting them individually to see if they are interested. Already two well known people have been asked. Likewise, there has already been a request for a thirty-minute talk. Ray will be updating us.
Can we have a workshop/breakout event about Pursuance? Yes.
Can we also have a breakout/keynote about the Mediterranean group? Adam would love to, and he will coordinate with Ray.
A workshop about ECOSOC would also be important. We should also have a keynote there about that. Ray has some contacts with Norwegian contacts to speak about this. Keith would like to invite our three permanent representatives of ECOSOC in NY who have been attending events regularly should also be invited to speak. We should also present the events of ECOSOC, show the list of events that are online, so Pirates can see the events and volunteer to attend them. We should also make a call for permanent representatives for ECOSOC centers. The GA would invite people to volunteer and then the board will approve them.
Question about when people need to be nominated for board positions, and the answer is that there is no deadline and people can be nominated on the spot. We may want to turn to members of PPEU to have them nominate themselves as well for PPI. Let's make a call out to people personally to see if they want to be part of PPI.


  • Review of activities since last GA
We should craft a message by October, and also have the accounts of the treasurer ready at the same time.
  • New Member Applications
There is a 4 weeks deadline for application. By now no applications have been received. There have been several parties that expressed interest. Some parties might have difficulties with language.
There is an idea that parties could provide services, which would provide member credits, rather than paying fees. They could provide translations, write articles, and volunteer in a number of ways. <Mention as well that membership fees, payments, are not mandatory at the moment.> Would this be a motion that we should present at the GA? Perhaps we could offer this for parties that do not have elected officials, a budget, or which fall below a specific threshhold? Let's discuss this in Discourse and see the reaction of the people.
  • Call out to prior members to consider becoming an observer or member, send personal emails
We should do a lobby action about this. The organization has grown.
  • Coordination Meeting with GA Hosts
Let's ask our contacts when they would like to have a meeting. Adam will be in contact with them to see when we can set up a meeting. Ray and Thomas can help with setting up the contact information.

adam.wolf@pp-international.net https://wiki.piratenpartei.de/Benutzer:Sailorwolf#International

  • Calls for Board Members
We need to itemize the list of positions that need to be elected.
Chair, 3x board member, 1x alternate board member, CoA, Lay Auditors
https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board
  • Preparation of Statute Revisions for Approval
https://ppi.piratenpad.de/168

Revisions copied to the following pad on our new Mypads Internal: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/ppi-internal-obdk07s/pad/view/statute-revisions-nl5f0td

We are goiing to talk with Bastian and our tech team about opening up our system for use by others.

7 - ECOSOC

  • Review and Call for Upcoming Meetings and Representatives
  • Swiss Passes
  • NY Events
  • Events in general. We need to do more to advertise UN ECOSOC events. We did write about this on our website. We should do more to push the events.

List of events: https://reg.unog.ch/

  • Groundspass
Please contact Keith keith.goldstein@pp-international.net to get a groundspass. The groundspasses are only for events in NY and Geneva. If you would be able to attend on a continual basis, then we will make an annual groundspass. If you will only attend one event then we can make a temporary pass.
If you go to an event make sure to take pictures and write some notes, so we can write a small report for our website.


8 - Finances

  • 2018 Second half operating budget (full year)
Thomas: still gathering data, i.e. who is an individiual member and how to reach them etc. Even for real annual costs etc.
  • 2019 Budget
see above
  • Collection of Affiliation Fees
Ongoing. Parties will recieve invoices one after the other
  • Cashier Payments
PPNO payment on the go
TT3 payment on the go
one important cashier couldn't be home in time as to circumstances her not being liable for
  • Crowdfunding
  • Review by Lay Auditors of Treasurer Report, Updating of Wiki Finances
On the go, recieved most of the outstanding balances sheets.
  • Paypal Balance
538,79 EUR
Downloading a CSV report and sending it to Thomas.


9 - AOB - Any other business

Podcasts
Newsletter etc.
Discourse sign up
Ray, Thomas with the help of Bastian would need to set up Discourse. This needs to be tasked.
=====================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 2018-08-27 21:00 CEST (19:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 15:24 CEST (13:24 UTC)