From PPI
Revision as of 08:21, 9 September 2018 by 180.197.21.211 (talk)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [09/09/2018 08:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.ppi.rocks
Room: "/PPI_Board/Board meetings/"
Audio recording:
Video:
Template for board meetings:https://etherpad.pp-international.net/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/ppi-internal-obdk07s/pad/edit/blank-board-meeting-template-k14f04r

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bailey, Keith, Thomas, Ray, Guillaume, Adam (from 08:38), Koen (from 08:47)
excused:
unexcused:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused: Dan, Etienne, Gregory
Guests
participating:
PiratesOnAir
Bastian

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 08:13 CEST by Guillaume
Meeting chaired by Guillaume
Secretary for this meeting is all of us
Quorum established with 5 (7) out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_08_27

YES: Keith,Bailey, Ray, Guillaume Adam NO: ABSTENTIONS: Thomas

Minutes approved!

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:
Professional Engagements are consumming most of my time


  • Bailey:
Ray and I had a meeting with Alex Kohler of PP Bavaria. We went over the basic GA details and clarified the location, tech stuff, etc. They have everything we'll need. I think that we should have a GA meeting soon. I have some ideas for speakers I would like to run by you guys also. Plus we need to get Discourse figured out..and discuss the overall agenda..so much to do and we should get on it sooner rather than later so there's much less stress at GA time. =)
  • Keith:
Etienne and I finished the statutes rewrite. I would like to figure out accomodations for the GA. I have been updating the list of those who are interested in attending. There are several people who are interested in attending if we can assist with accomodations. We need to write them back. Also, I want to set up a panel conversation with about 5 speakers, which would be separate from the keynotes. I could moderate a debate.
  • Koen:
not present
  • Adam:
Cemetary Mediteraean Campagne... Seebrücke taking speed in Germany, preparing international action..


  • Raymond:
Nothing to report
  • Thomas:
with the help of our cashiers we found a way to get me access to the swiss bank account, the advice found will be followed
  • Alternates:
  • Etienne
  • Daniel
  • Gregory:


5 - GA 2018

<Perhaps for a separate meeting>
  • Discourse/Poll Anywhere
Poll Anywhere will be taken care of within one month of the GA.
Discourse needs to be installed on our server.
  • Accomodations
We can get a house for about 14 people. We could ask for partial contributions from those staying there. PPI could perhaps pay half. There are a lot of places that are in the area of the venue.rAY
Keith (+1.5), Ray, Guillaume, Bailey, Thomas (probably), and others from our guest list.
There are a number of other potential guests from especially surrounding parties.
  • Space available
The venue is good for 40 people. The space can hold 60.
Are there any network concerns? It is their offices, and it has 25 up and down, which is a bit small for when we are going to stream. So, we will be speaking with Alex about setting up more speed. A test needs to be done with Zoom at some point.
Is there any additional bandwidth that we can bring in? The available bandwidth may be sufficient.
  • Speakers
A plan is in place. We don't want to publically announce anyone until we have confirmed or contacted the speakers.
Adam will hold a panel about the situation in the Mediterranean.
Barrett Brown is confirmed.
Others are confirmed, but we don't want to release the names yet.
If anyone has ideas about additional keynote speakers, they will need to let us know about those recommendations right away, because we already have a large list and little time.
As long as we are not arguing during the GA about statutes and stuff, then we will have time to have all of the planned speakers.
  • Advertising the GA on social media, FB and Twitter
   https://www.facebook.com/groups/piratepartiestalks/?ref=br_rs
   https://www.facebook.com/ppinternational/
   https://www.facebook.com/groups/153133577540/?ref=br_rs
   https://t.me/globalpirates
Shall we post publically with our Limesurvey sign up form? Yes
Keith will post to FB.
  • An agenda for the meeting needs to written up.
This will allow us to figure out what needs to be decided at the GA.
Thomas is going to take care of it.
  • Press Release/Coverage
Are we able to distribute at both the local and international levels.
When we have signed up our speakers, we will be making more statements. The speakers will allow us to make news.
We can tap into the Swiss national news outlets.
We can add the angle of the hybrid/virtual GA, which will be a good story. This will demonstrate how we are unique and special compared to other organizations.
When we were in Switzerland, we had 150 attendees online. We want to triple that.
Do we have a physical address already? Yes, we do. It is the offices of the PP of Bavaria.
  • Food and Beverages
Do we need to set up something, or will that be set up? We spoke with Alex briefly about this. The board needs to decide what we want to do. Previously in Berlin, everyone was supposed to pay a certain amount to finance the barbecue and coffee. :There is a suggestion that everyone who comes pays 25 euros, and PP Bavaria will collect those funds to reimburse expenses. The location is very close to a pizzeria, which could be convenient. They also have a kitchen. It is a small tea kitchen. So, we could arrange to have a supermarket breakfast/lunch thing there.


6 AOB - Any other business

Do we want to set up a separate GA meeting?
We could use a meeting the week after the next board meeting. We need to finalize a few things first. Once Discourse is set up, we will need to have a long talk about the motions that we will be able to fit into the GA, which won't logjam our GA.
Next week (Thursday at 21:00?) we will have a meeting with the French pirates, who will show us their Congressus and also have a small Discourse server perhaps.
Also, the Swiss Discourse server can be made available. That would potentially be very helpful, if we can't set up our own server soon.

Olaf? will be able to assist.

Do we want to revise the hours of our meetings?
Should we change the hour for the 08:00 meeting to 09:00? Bailey would adapt. Let's play it by ear, try to see what everyone prefers before the next 08:00 slot. Keith will propose something before the next meeting. We should be fine for the 14:00 meeting. Bailey will adapt.
ECOSOC. Events are over in NY. Our reps are looking for other events? Events are moving back to Geneva. Now is a good time for our
Statute revisions.
We set up two types of statute revisions, Tier One will need GA approval. We will only have sufficient time to deal with a portion of these motions at the GA. Tier Two are grammatical revisions. We fixed some of the English and made the abbreviations consistent. These changes should be announced, but they should not need individual approval.
GA SURVEY https://lime.ppi.rocks/limesurvey/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=133487

Contacting those parties that might want to join.
===================================================

Next Meeting: Monday, 2018-09-24 14:00 CEST (12:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 09:04 CEST (07:04 UTC)