- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Bailey, Gregory, Mike, Linda, Keith
- excused: Cedric, Dan, Cal, Thomas
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Bastian
- excused: Carlos, Svein
- participating: Pirates on Air, Olivia
- participating: Pirates on Air, Olivia
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 18:02 UTC by Bailey
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
- Quorum established with 6 out of 9 board members present.
- Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
- Recording started: 18:02
- Postal votes:
- Notes on meeting process
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
|* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_07_29|
|Yes : Gregory, Bailey, Mike, Keith, Linda, Bastian|
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Gregory: I was in contact with PP-PT and PP-RO on their status. Helped PP-RU to translate the statement on Belarus. Also have met with the Freedom to Share ECI committee - we agreed that the starting date for signature collections will be November 05th.
- Linda: new meeting with PPEU COC the 27th, also chatting wirh Island then
- Mike: Nothing really to report. Just a few pro-free-Belarus events.
- Keith: Been working on internal political stuff, as we have had a lot of new activity in PPIL.
- Bailey: We had a very nice meeting with the new board of Pirate Party Chile on Saturday, although it was only Keith and I who attended from the PPI board (it was a bit short notice so no worries). I published the invite for the SCURVY meeting on the 27th. PPNL reached out to see if we could set up Cryptpad for them but since Cryptpad is not the best tool they are happy to use our Etherpad instead. I had a good talk with Meg and Joe from USPP. I hear that Pirate Party Massachusetts are thinking about applying for observer membership! Also have a letter (thanks Keith) to send to Twitter for our account verification which will hopefully mean less suspensions. Finances are the next thing I want to tackle and I would like to get membership fee invoices sent out, I just need someone to confirm that the invoices I have are the correct ones (see economics section). I’d like to START looking at how/where to run the GA in December and I’d like to suggest December 5th and 6th as preliminary GA dates. I’ve been experiencing some harassment of me personally in addition to the PPI harassment, and I’ve been a bit under the weather mentally as a result. I’ve been taking time to rest while people are on vacation. Is everyone back now?
- I took care of the PPI technique like I do every day. All systems are running fine.
- I took part in Pirate Beer again.
5.1 - Proposals
Issue: 40 USD registration fee, and list of members who want to attend. https://uia.org/roundtable/2020/asiapacific/ Submitted by: Keith Justification: Motion: If anyone wants to attend, who is interested in Asian NGO issues, then we will consider approving their attendance.
Issue: 2019 Invoices due in 2020 Submitted by: Keith Justification: We need to start this year's request for dues and follow up on last year. We use the new system this year. Motion: Create the invoices and send them with a reminder about last year.
- Keith will send an email. Bailey works Tues. and Wed., Thurs. we have the SCURVY meeting. We thus decided to have the finances meeting immediately after the SCURVY meeting. This has been updated into our calendar.
5.2 - Working Groups Update
- SCURVY meeting on the 27th at 11:00 UTC/19:00 CEST: https://pp-international.net/2020/08/invitation-scurvy-meeting-2/ (having some small formatting issues here)
5.3 Economic Update
Can somebody confirm that these are the correct invoices to be sent out this year? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1t7LGq6IJpOYKhebR-OmEarSbfZA3gzck
- Carlos sent something about the IGF invitation. Gregory has a meeting where they brainstormed to submit an application for a Taiwanese internet activist that is involved with the Ground Zero movement. Since there are few who come from civil society, we erased the chance that our submission would be accepted. We could discuss the representation of minority. The deadline is the 24/8. There is a form. Everyone can submit an application. If it is an ECOSOC organization then we can skip some steps. They elect the members for 3 years. Usually we need someone who is 3 times in Geneva, and one time outside.
- We need an etherpad that we can work it out together. Gregory has a meeting tomorrow. He will then update us with a pad that has more details.
- We could use more work to figure out who we will present and how.
6 AOB - Any other business
Needs Assessment...how is it going? Are we getting responses and is there any way that we can see them?
- Pirate Beer this Saturday :-)
- Please help me with content for https://pirate-beer.rocks
- Relaunch of Pirate Times in progress, I saved the old content until the end of 2018 via Archive.org
- Next Meeting: 09.09.2020, 18:00 UTC/20:00 CEST
- Meeting Closed: 19:13 UTC/ 21:13 CEST