- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Mauricio, Bailey, Bastian, Keith, Gregory, Alexander
- excused: Mike
- unexcused: Dario, Manuel
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Bastian
- excused: Veronika
- unexcused: Carlos
- Guests: Numero6, PiratesonAir
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 10:05 UTC by Bailey
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
- Quorum established with (7 out of 9) board members present (incl. one alternate, Bastian, filling in).
- Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
- Recording started: 10:05 UTC
- Postal votes: none
- Notes on meeting process:
3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
|* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2022-01-23|
|Yes : Bailey, Keith, Gregory, Bastian, Alexander, Mauricio|
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short reports of the board members
- Bailey Lamon: I attended the meeting with Pirate Party Sri Lanka last Wednesday, it was pretty cool. They're trying to get registered and hopefully run in the next election. They also want to get connected with the international Pirate community and become a PPI member in the future. They could use some help with setting up tech stuff so we are hoping to set up a meeting with them and Bastian in the near future. I also wrote an invite for the Introduction to Standing Committees, which after checking the Doodle poll, is Monday Feb 21st at 22:00 UTC/23:00 CET: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/Night_of_Standing_Committees I will publish it today. After our last board meeting I also attended the USPP meeting where they unanimously voted in favour of joining PPI. Otherwise, in Canada right now we have moronic anti-science fascists trying to take over the country and provincial governments are listening to them. It's a blast.
- Gregory Engels: I also attended the Sri Lanka meeting. Otherwise I have been traveling the last ten days and not really able to do much.
- Mike Gill:
- Carlos Polo:
- Keith Goldstein: I also attended the Sri Lanka meeting. I've had several meetings about the DAO project. I participate in the Discord of the IOTA Soonaverse group, and I set up a couple sample DAOs. I also looked in more to the UNHQ events, and we should set up the groundspasses for our reps. there ASAP. There was also a request for Geneva, which we should investigate. I would appreciate that we set up 3 permanent rotating meeting times, distributed around the world by around 8 hours, to ensure that we can accomodate everyone at least half the time.
- Alexander Isavnin: As Russian ruiling party submitted amentments to election law, allowing nearly anything to be done with online voting, without any real possibilities to observe and be sure in fair results, i and group of activists working hard on "real amendments" not hoping to be included in legislation, but in hope to demonstrate difficulcies of true online voting.
- Manuel Caicedo:
- Dario Castane:
- Mauricio Vargas: Together with other Chilean pirates we had a meeting with Marco Barrueto (Perú). Born in Peru, then moved to the USA (26 years ago). He has lived in other places, such as Asia. He is a volunteer supporter of the IOTA project. He sees that the distributed platform project can be a solution to allow access to decision making to less powerful sectors, through online organization.
He reviewed on the internet the situation of the PPPE and found it disjointed and its publications were basically memes and criticisms, with no vision of forming an organic. For this reason he took on the task of forming the PPPE from scratch, for which he has the support of one more person. Although he will leave Peru, he says that his commitment is to continue supporting the formation of the Peruvian pirate movement from outside his country.
- Ji Yong Dijkhuis:
- Veronika Murzynová:
- Adam Wolf:
- Sebastian Krone:
- All the financial information I have is on the PPI wiki (Bank - 12/31/2021 - PayPal 01/17/2022). But there is a lack of bank account information.
- I have been looking into PPI technology as I do every day.
- The Sympa mailing lists have been updated for Debian 11.
- All systems are running well.
5.1 - Proposals
- We have some proposals in AOB, which we will discuss at the end of the meeting.
5.2 - Working Groups Update
- Introduction to PPI Standing Committees Feb 21st 22:00 UTC/23:00 CET
5.3 Economic Update
- We have a new individual member.
- We have requests for people to join UNHQ and UNOG with groundspasses.
- Who should we give the groundspasses to in NY and Geneva.
- It seems for UNHQ they are limiting the groundspasses to the CEO plus 2 representatives.
- Do we have anyone else that wants grounds passes in NY besides Ohad Shem Tov an Ohad Bar Siman Tov?
- Does anyone have objections to giving them the two passes.
- Do we have anyone else who want groundspasses in UNOG in Geneva?
- Carlos Polo, Michal Gill, Svein Mork Dahl
- We could have Michal as the CAO as the third representative.
- We can have all 7 representatives at UNOG.
- We also had requests for Vienna. Vienna has also started issuing passes.
5.5 PPI HQ update
- Bailey is waiting on her passport to get the forms approved.
6 AOB - Any other business
- Concerns about the PPI Treasurer position
- We received separate complaints from PPFR and PPAT that it is not acceptably having a treasurer who is an alternate board member according to the statutes.
- The Board held a deep conversation about this issue, and how we need to take it seriously.
- We don't have to make a decision today.
- Setting up a PPI Board DAO on IOTA's Soonaverse
- Should we create a PPI Board DAO on Soonaverse? Marco's idea is for each party to make a DAO and to have those DAOs interact in a federation, but I think at least initially we need a DAO for our board and alternates. Max. 9 votes right? I created a DAO for PPIL: https://soonaverse.com/space/0x9513d6e36c36afd334b1d02cdf1eba41dcb63b3a
- Permanent Rotating Meeting Times
- I think we need 3 time slots, like we used to have in 2016: If I remember correctly the time slots then were 9 am, 2 pm, and 7 pm CET. We can alter those times a bit to best fit everyone. Does that work for everyone?
- Gregory : the doodle that 11 People have participated gave as the winner: every nineth Tuesday 10:00 EST / 12:00 DST / 14:00 UCT / 16:00 CET / 18:00 MSK / 24:00 JST
the other timeslot isTUESDAY every ninth weeks 05:00 EST (Toronto & Lima) / 07:00 DST (Santiago) / 10:00 UTC (London) / 11:00 CET (Prague) / 13:00 MSK (Moscow) / 19:00 JST (Tokyo)
3 Board meeting time slots:
-20:00 UTC/22:00 CET = 16:00 EST / 18:00 DST / 20:00 UCT / 22:00 CET / 24:00 MSK / 06:00 JST / -09:00 UTC/11:00 CET= 05:00 EST / 07:00 DST / 10:00 UTC / 11:00 CET / 13:00 MSK / 19:00 JST / -14:00 UTC/16:00 CET = 10:00 EST / 12:00 DST / 14:00 UCT / 16:00 CET / 18:00 MSK / 24:00 JST / Expect be totally surprised by Daylight Saving Time - as it starts on different weeks in different Time Zones... UTC is our leading time.
- Next Meeting: 08.03.2022 -14:00 UTC/15:00 CET
- Meeting Closed: