- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Gregory, Mike, Alexander, Mauricio
- excused: Manuel, Keith, Bailey
- unexcused: Carlos, Dario
- Quorum: reached
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members:
- participating: Bastian,
- unexcused: Ji Yong, Veronika, Adam
- participating: PiratesOnAir, Numero6,
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 20:10 UTC by Gregory
- Meeting chaired by Gregory
- Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
- Quorum established with (5 out of 9) board members present (incl. alternates and proxies)
- Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
- Recording started: 20:10 UTC
- Postal votes: none
- Notes on meeting process:
3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
|* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2022-03-08|
|Yes : Gregory, Mike, Alexander, Bastian|
|Abstain : Mauricio|
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short reports of the board members
- Bailey Lamon: I have been busy working on #Pirates4Ukraine the last couple of weeks...meetings, writing, making videos, etc. It's going well so far (I think). The campaign officially kicked off on Sunday, I'm not sure how much has been received in donations at this point. Please spread the word about it, folks. I opened a Firefly wallet for this purpose as we'll be receiving a crypto donation there. Remind me to give you guys the info for that. Otherwise I attended Pirate Beer on Friday.
- Gregory Engels: I was also busy with #Pirates4Ukraine. Also had another study module meeting on strategy and have started working on the update of the strategy paper.
- Mike Gill: Got in touch with the TT4 venue with the August pre-summer-camp dates. They're yet to get back to me (they need to make sure their contractor that does all the A/V stuff would be available). Now another question is kinda looming, and that's whether Jim's would actually be even available in August due to the war. Also managed to donate a few hundred bucks to the PPI on behalf of the PPCZ. It's not really much of an accomplishment but surmounting the PPCZ's burreaucracy to make it happen was a feat for me. :-) The process of putting P4U totally missed me due to busy with my exams. Apologies.
- Carlos Polo: not present
- Keith Goldstein: I set up the mentors registration form and wrote a blog about it. I have not advertised it pending feedback. Please review the blog, let me know if anything needs revising, and advertise it by email and social media: https://pp-international.net/2022/03/pirate-mentors-program/
I have been working on the DEPA project with Marco and through Discord. I built a Mattermost alternative page on the pirates without borders server. We can set up a relay with Discord there, although I would appreciate help setting that up. This way we can have privacy protected discussions and also keep the mass gatherings with the Discord universe. I set up a PPI board DAO on the Soonaverse. We can use it. I would like for us long-term to look into hosting our own fork, but it sounds like we would have to do a lot of development, and we should make sure that we use it.
I have not set up the Gnosis safe yet, and my reason is mainly to ensure that we are compliant with our financial responsibilities as an organization. We need to set up a centralized exchange account that is registered in Switzerland and connected with our bank account. Can someone do this? It is very easy to do, and I will be happy to guide you through the process.
I have sent nudges about Think Twice. The website was taken over and needs to be rebuilt. Gregory still has the original TT1 website, so I second that we should move the content there. We need to list a call for speakers. We might need to consider whether August is not too soon. Regardless, we need to announce ASAP.
My suggestion is that the best way for the DEPA DAO group to develop is to make a copresentation with Soonaverse at the TT4 conference. I would like to invite Aragon and other DAO projects as well for debate.
- Alexander Isavnin: Participated in number of meeting related to "sanctions on the Internet", most discussions are lead to "Internet is not a place for political sanctions". Gave a lot of comments and interviews related what's going on with Russian Internet, at war time, under sanctions and countersanctions.
- Manuel Caicedo: Not present
- Dario Castane: Not present
- Mauricio Vargas: Together with Dario and Manuel we have been in contact to evaluate ways to improve the Spanish content.
- We want to rely on the Telegram channel Liga Cast/port, oriented to Spanish and Portuguese speaking pirates, to generate content in Spanish from pirates of the parties or groups present there.
- I attended the last Pirate Beer.
- Ji Yong Dijkhuis: Not present
- Veronika Murzynová: Not present
- Adam Wolf: Not present
- Sebastian Krone:
- All the financial information I have is on the PPI wiki (Bank - 15.02.2022 - PayPal 29.03.2022). I have been missing the account information for a few weeks now.
- I created a new PayPal account at my personal risk.
- Today the account of Aid Ukraine shows 59,40 EUR.
- So far we can receive donations in EUR, CHF, CZK, NOK, USD. Other currencies are possible, but do not make it easier.
- I still need a subsequent formal decision of the board for this.
- I have set up a new shared server with a new WordPress blog https://ukraine.ppi.rocks/ on very short notice.
- I looked at PPI technology as I do every day.
- All patches are up to date.
- All systems are running fine.
- I have been attending the PPI-Aid Ukraine meetings.
- I attended the last Pirate Beer.
5.1 - Proposals
5.2 - Working Groups Update
There is a request to reactivate group work, and schedule SCULL meeting.
- Gregory: How about Friday April 29th? - everyone agrees.
- Topic: Document management and translations - important documents like statutes and programmes.
- Time: Discussion about the perfect time zone, that settles down as a compromise to 16:00 CEST; will be decided on the board Wire and then the invite will be sent out by Mike.
5.3 Economic Update
- We need to pay some bills for the domains since 2018.
- We need to pay the bill for PPI server at least for 2018.
- To let the invoices expire, I can't accept anymore.
- I have set up a mailbox to monitor the PayPal account for "aidukraine": firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who wants to monitor me? It's a bit problematic because the personal data of the donors can be seen there.
- The account is read-only.
- Volunteers: Mike, Mauricio
- We have found a new volunteer for UN Vienna from PPAT.
5.5 PPI HQ update
- We're still waiting for documents.
- Status of financial reports is still unclear. Gregory shall inquire.
6 AOB - Any other business
* The Think Twice websites are no longer directly accessible.
- The think-twice.co (Koen) has not been renewed and is now owned by another organization.
- However, we have for years the domain thinktwice.today
- here we could put the old content and also provide the upcoming TT22.
- So that I don't work for the trash again, it would be nice if we could make a decision on this.
- Gregory: I still have the web on a server; we just need an address to point to it.
- Bastian: I would set-up the domain with the old data and the TT4 web.
* Pirate Security Conference 2022
- Bastian: We had a nice meeting on Sunday. We shall try to organise PSC 2022 IRL and we would like to do it in Prague, which is closer to Ukraine. We'll need help from the PPCZ folks.
- Mike: Fine, no problem, we're really enthusiastic about it! :-) Do we have any main topic? I assume Ukraine?
- Gregory: Sure, among other threats. WWIII is still an option. The date is not set yet. We think June. It needs to be set specifically.
- Alexander: 2Mike: there is a place in Prague, which can host a conference: https://www.paralelnipolis.cz/koncepty/cryptoanarchy-institute/,
- Mike: 2Alex: Oh, I know that one. When the Germans agree on a date, I'll try the options. I don't think money would be much of a problem as PPCZ will pitch in for sure. Thanks.
- Next Meeting: 19.04.2022 9:00 UTC/11:00 CEST
- Meeting Closed: 21:07 UTC - 23:07 CEST