- AGENDA for PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 10/08/2010 ---
3 - OPENING REMARKS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
3.1 - Pirate Party of the Week (proposed by Jerry)
- PP of the week will be PP-Italy.
3.2 - Item Title (proposed by ...)
4 - AGENDA
4.1 - Pirate News (proposed by Jakub)
- I wanted to inform you of the project we are running in the Czech Republic, the pirate news, http://www.piratskenoviny.cz. We are thinking of creating an international mutation in several months. This whole think might be under PPI. It is just an idea to discuss, since now we do not have the time to do it, we have communities election, but perhaps there will be time in the future. One of the candidate articles can be seen here.
4.2 - Webspace (proposed by Jerry)
- We should have some offers for webspace and decide on which one to use for PPI. If we do not have a quorum we should decide via e-mail asap.
4.3 - Website (proposed by Jerry)
- I propose that we look for one person/a team that organizes the website redesign. We should ask for any interested persons, a mail is prepared in this pad: website redesign mail. Interested persons should be invited to the next meeting.
4.4 - Next Conference (proposed by Jerry)
- a) We should fix a detailed timeline for the next conference. A draft can be found in this pad: conference timeline
- b) We should start writing the requirements for any PP interested to host the next PPI conference. A pad with a first draft in here: conference requirements.
4.5 - You Tube copyleft project from Serbia (proposed by Aleksandar)
We have experienced music producer who turns to copyleft licensing of music he produce. Currently Ilija have our (Pirate party of Serbia) support to defend the rights for the authors who perform at the biggest world trumpet festival in Guca. That would be a historic legal win to author's rights. The guy is even making a documentary out of all this milestones. We should consider international support. He is a legal representative of group of authors/trumpeter who have NEVER been paid for their services throughout the history of the festival. After 50 years this could be the first time. I sent the email to board members about his YT project which demonstrates alternative model in content distribution of free material. The progressive idea he demonstrate is copyright-proof and deeply dependable on free content which he constantly uploads. This could be a nice win of the pirate ideal. Let's discuss and decide about support and promotion.
5 - REPORTS
5.10 - Item Title (proposed by ...)
5.11 - Taskforces
a - PPI ACTA task force
b - PPI Censor task force
c - PPI Conference and event planning task force
d - PPI Legal task force
e - PPI New Parties task force
f - PPI PP-EU task force
g - PPI Tech task force
h - PPI Translation and text production task force
i - PPI Statutes task force