- MINUTES for PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 03/August/2010 ---
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- Gregory Engels
- Jerry Weyer
- Joachim Mönch (left 22:12)
1.2 - Others
- Steffen Ortmann
- Ralph Hinterleitner
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 21 : 20 (CEST) by Gregory
- Secretary for this meeting is Jerry
- Quorum not established with 3 of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: [Yes]
- Recording started: [Yes]
- Meeting closed at 22 : 20 (CEST) by Gregory
3 - OPENING REMARKS/ANNOUNCEMENTS
3.1 - PP-US (proposed by Jerry)
- PP-US elected a new board. More information on their website: http://www.pirate-party.us/ Joachim I sent you the contact details of the new board for our contact list.
- In the press release (on the website) there is more information. Joachim will add and compare the contact details.
3.2 - PP of the Week (proposed by Jerry)
- This week's PP of the week will be Germany: http://www.pp-international.net/pirate_party_of_the_week-Germany Questions have been sent out to PP-Kazakhstan, PP-Italy and PP-Luxembourg. We are still waiting for answers from PP-DK, PP-BR (they have wrote us back, but will not answer our Questions at the moment) and PP-Bulgaria.
For the preparation of one of the next "PP of the week", a mail about PP Italy with the addresses of the board of PP Italy was sent to the Board of PP Int. by Joachim.
4 - AGENDA
4.1 - Conference refunds (proposed by Jerry)
- Nicco should have more information on who still hasn't been paid the refund.
- We should get more information from Nicco. Jerry will ask him for a document with the details if he cannot make it to the meetings.
4.2 - Webspace and domain (proposed by Jerry)
- We need the login information to be able to migrate the website to a new server. Gregory and Steffen should make a proposal on this matter. There is also the proposal to register an .org domain for PPI where we would setup the new website and the sub-domain for the calendar, press releases and other projects.
- Gregory has the login information.
- Steffen has made an offer to rent a (managed) v-server and make it available to PPI.
- We will publish a short RFQ on the int gerneral mailing list. (Gregory will do this)
- Some offers have been collected, some are still missing. Next meeting we will decide, if no quorum we will decide via e-mail.
4.3 - Calendar (proposed by Jerry)
- Steffen set up a test calendar for PPI: http://steffen-ortmann.de/calendar1/month.php We should use this calendar as a means to collect all important events for Pirates.
- The system can be adjusted ot our needs, no need and quicker than programm a whole new system. Best would be to host in on the PPI webspace, but Steffen could host it under a sub-domain.
- We will test the system until next week.
5 - REPORTS
5.10 - Item Title (proposed by ...)
5.11 - Taskforces
a - PPI ACTA task force
b - PPI Censor task force
c - PPI Conference and event planning task force
d - PPI Legal task force
- First draft of the PPI-HQ statutes: http://ppi.piratenpad.de/82 They must be in one of the official languages of Belgium, that's why they are in French. I used the statutes of The Pirate Bay (PP-Belgium) and some other international organizations as templates. (by Jerry)
- Some questions still need to be solved, Jerry cannot give an exact timeframe yet.
e - PPI New Parties task force
- Gregory had more contact with a person from Israel who is thinking about founding a Pirate Party in Israel. We have now his contact information and will support him in his process.
f - PPI PP-EU task force
g - PPI Tech task force
h - PPI Translation and text production task force
- We got the authorization for the press release exchange from PP-UK. Sub-domain will be installed after the webspace/domain issues are solved. (by Jerry)
i - PPI Statutes task force
6 - NEXT MEETING
- Next meeting will be 10.08.2010 21h00 CEST