- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [06/19/2012 19:00]h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Gregory, Nonu, Travis, Ed, Jelena, Lola
- excused: Denis
1.2 - Others
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
- Meeting opened at 19:15 CEST by Gregory
- Meeting closed at 20:41 CEST by Gregory
- Meeting chaired by Gregory
- Secretary for this meeting is Travis
- Quorum [not] established with 6 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: No
- Recording started: Yes
- Postal votes: No
3 - REPORTS
3.1 - Short report of the board members
Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.
- Gregory: Have responded to pirates in Armenia, Dominican Republic, India, and FYR Macedonia, spoke with Pirates from Hungary, Israel, and Taiwan. Have created the mailing list for the PPNews, have worked with someone on the media database. I will be visiting Budapest next week and will meet with representatives of LMP and Kalozpart.Today Lola and I had a skype conference with a representative from an Israeli political party that is considering adopting a pirate name and joining PPI.
- Lola: skype conversation with Israeli political party who are interested in PPI
- Travis: I have been packing up to move, and that has been a lot of my life (this is in part why I am really failing at my job so far, I apologize for that). We are doing a big advertising campaign in the US to get some attention. I did an interview yesterday with the New York Times and writer for Playboy (same interviewer). Setting up speaking engagements at schools.
- Ed: Been working my way through the paperwork sent by Lola. Been (and remain) in contact with Pat Maechler (previous treasurer) and named account contact over the previous account statements. Been in email communications with an activist from PP-CZ over ACTA voting by UK MEPs
- Denis: Not present
- Jelena: Presented PPI and PPs electoral campaigns at Open PDP convention (link:http://cybernaut.posterous.com/south-east-europe-pdp-convention-novi-sad-201 in English, and slides from lecture of 1.5 hrs http://www.slideshare.net/justin_case/leverage-social-media-and-start-remixing-politics), intenet security / PPI mentioned as I was intw-ed in Serbian PressOnline. Connected to Montenegro Pirates, Facebook fan page - we got new fans https://www.facebook.com/ppinternational/page_insights) Working on article for Bosnian Pirates (will let you know about it) on PPI. Also: dealt with claim that Blagojevic submitted to PPI, and CoA.
- Nuno: I've been trying to get all ordinary members on board the LF ship, but since after multiple contacts during a month and a few days only 18 joined I made an administrative registration of the other 10 and sent them login details (Ireland is no longer an ordinary member thus only 28 now). I also launched a first issue/initiative to really start things. I've also been looking at OpenERP for use in PP-PT after seeing a comment in ppi.techteam, and think we should also look into it possibly for PPI.
3.2 - Report on open Redmine Tasks
3.2.1 - PP Leaders List
Assigned To Lola - Due 5/1
Redmine task #128, due date 2012-04-05
Report by: Lola Got password from Gregory
REDMINE + 2 WEEKS
3.2.2 - Define joint communication strategy // Press work strategy
Assigned to Denis - Due 5/31
Redmine task #13, due date yyyy-mm-dd
REDMINE: + 1 Month
3.2.3 - Streaming
Assigned to Lola - Due 6/1
REDMINE: + 1 WEEK
3.2.4 - SMÜ
assigned to Gregory
Redmine task 14 Report by: Gregory No interviews done yet, but spreadsheet is created with list of candidates. Jelena will help Gregory with interviews.
REDMINE: + 2 WEEKS
3.2.5 Recover the MyPirates files
assigned to Gregory
Redminetask 153, due date
Report by: Gregory
REDMINE: +2 WEEKS
3.2.6 corporate identity
Assigned to Jelena
Redmine Task: 41
REDMINE: NO CHANGE
3.2.7 Contact Ireland
Assigned to Gregory
Redmine Task: 14 Was decided on by the CoA that the old PPIE is now officially defunct
REDMINE: CLOSE TASK
4 - Treasury (Ed)
- Been in contact with Pat (previous treasurer) regarding receipts and accounts
- Ed is missing a large amount of information, which has been requested and should be in progress (no statement since Jan 2011)
- Account address needs to be changed to get statements delivered straight to Ed
- Before a move to transparent accounting can happen as voted in the GA, current accounting must be brought up to scratch and Ed needs access to the account
- Information needs to be consolidated to avoid this in future, this must not happen every year
- Until such a time as Ed knows the state of accounts, no budgeting can take place.
Nonnu - CTO of spain says they are using http://www.openerp.com/ -- has lots of features, and even does member management, human resources managment, project managment, knowledge base managment, automatic reports on everything, surveys, idea voting and much more.
Lola - https://www.fio.cz/scgi-bin/hermes/dz-transparent.cgi?ID_ucet=2100048174 (link to the transparent bank account of PP-CZ) CZ would like PPI to use the FIO.cz bank, but Lola disagrees with this. There may be confusion as to what level of transaprency our finances must have. Possible issue for CoA.
Nonnu - We should have a centeralized financial system that is online
Travis - https://toshl.com/ I was looking for an alternative to mint.com that works in Europe, I found this... has anyone used it?
most important requirement for Ed is the address to be changed to his
REDMINE TASK: Bank account access; Child - contact the bank Ed +2 WEEKS
5 - License of the PPI Wiki
Topic proposed by Gregory
We should decide on the license of the wiki. right now we have the following text in the wiki edit window:
"Please note that all contributions to pp International may be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors. If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly, then do not submit it here. You are also promising us that you wrote this yourself, or copied it from a public domain or similar free resource (see pp International:Copyrights for details). Do not submit copyrighted work without permission!"
I suggest to put the wiki contributions from now on under the CC-BY-SA-3.0 license (non localized)
In Favor: Gregory, Nuno, Travis, Lola, Ed, Jelena
- Motion passed.
REDMINE: UPDATE THE WIKI GREG +2 WEEKS
6 - LQFB for new Parties
proposed by Gregory
Since Nuno was successful of setting up the PPI LQFB, we could offer hosting/set up of LQFB on request for starting pirate parties. (I have already some requests)
- Nuno: basically agree, but we would need another host
- Travis: There have been reports of XSS in LQFB, if they are true, we cannot proceed.
Greg: Open sub-project in techteam on LqFb - Nuno wants to head project.
REDMINE: CREATE PROJECT IN PPI-TECHTEAM NUNO +2 WEEKS
7 - Parrot/Calendar
Calendar is working, please ask Steffen if you wan't to administrate it. It's powerful, but there is a learning curve. Need to find administrator.
Parrot is not working. The services that used to autotranslate the articles are not online any more. New services could not be found. The only option left at the moment is Yahoo pipes but Steffen has not been able to make it work so far. It should still be possible to make it work and Steffen hasn't given up yet. Not all languages might be available.
Greg: Commercial Options Available? Travis: Google / Bing have free paid translations
Current system is just a simple RSS aggrigator, all news would need to come in through feeds or we need to develop a new system.
Will post to the PPI Tech Team list to find an administrator
REDMINE: +2 WEEKS
8 - AOB
AOB-1 - UK Website
- Ed: The Website of PPUK is one of 599 most visited UK websites.
AOB-2 - Serbia
- Jelena: Serbia Issues - Offers to make a report on what's going on in the countries politics and internal issues.
AOB-3 - PPI-HQ
- Lola: we need to take the administration of PPI-HQ. We need to contact a notary and change the registration information in the companies register on PPI-HQ.
REDMINE: +2 Week, assigned to Lola "PPI-HQ Transfer of ownership"
AOB-4 - VPN
- Travis: basically ready to go.
use board @ pp-international.net
REDMINE: create HTML landing page for embedding the checkout - Travis; +2 Week (Nuno is helping) REDMINE: register vpn.pp-international.net subdomain - Gregor
Next Meeting: 19:00 CEST on 03/07/2012 Meeting Closed: 20:41 CEST by Gregory