- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 19/02/2013 19:03h CET ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Record of the meeting
- Audio recordings: https://archive.org/details/PpiBoardMeeting2013-02-19
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Gregory, Denis, Nonu (from 19:17h on)
- excused: Ed, Lola
- unexcused: Travis, Jelena
1.2 - Others
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- RoP: http://int.piratenpartei.de/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
- Meeting opened at 19:03 CET by Gregory
- Meeting closed at 19:22 CET by Gregory
- Meeting chaired by Gregory
- Secretary for this meeting is Denis
- Quorum not established with 2 out of 7 board members present (established from 19:17 on).
- Streaming started: Yes
- Recording started: Yes
- Postal votes: No
3 - REPORTS
3.1 - Short report of the board members
Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.
- Gregory: I was visiting the UNESCO conference in Marrakech and spoke in a session about "copyright for the digital age".( I also met a member of PP-MA on the side) I also had two interviews with two newspapers and one short tv one for the jn1. I paid together with Georg the hosting fees for the next 24 month for the PPI host, as a result we also got four times as much memory as before. Also worked on the Kazan conference. (see below). This weekend I will visit the congress of PP-CH
- Lola: Not present
- Travis: Not present
- Ed: I had the mumble meeting with ppcz where we reached a compromise. As part of the contract to be signed by ppru, ppru will nominate a bank account into which they will receive the whole amount of czk shown on the financial report as it stands now.
- Denis: I was occupied with work, start of semester and the assembly we have next weekend. So no news from my side. But there will be the conference next weekend (22-24 February in Aarau, http://www.piratenpartei.ch/2013-02-16-winterkongress-details). Richard Stallman, Birgitta Jonsdotir and Gerd Leonhard will talk, coffee flatrate and good food are also good reasons to go there. Anyone is welcome!
- Jelena: Not present
- Nuno: I was in the PP EU conference in Paris representing PP Portugal. I'm organizing a local event on next Saturday for the International Open Data Hackathon (http://opendataday.org ) and the International Day for Privacy (http://protestwiki.de/wiki/EN:Main ). I'm also preparing for a discussion panel on "Content sharing and piracy" with Rick Falkvinge, among others, next week on Tuesday (http://xx.sinfo.org/pt/painel-partilha-de-conteudos-e-pirataria ), so I've been busy with all these things.
3.2 - Report on open Redmine Tasks
3.2.1 - Redmine Task #165 - PPI HQ transfer
Redmine task #165,
- Update: Gregory has submited a search order for the tracking number with the German Post, they have not reported yet back. The paperwork has not arrived anywhere yet.
3.2.2 - Redmine Task #168 - Observing WIPO
Redmine task #168
- Gregory: Unfortunately I cannot go on Friday due to work overflow.
- Denis: I won't be able to go there either and I didn't manage to find someone who goes for us. We should plan the next possibility soon.
Gregory: We still need to monitor the events where we want to go and set up a sheet to track the dates of upcoming events. Also UNESCO and other organizations that are of interest for us should be considered.
- Redmine: Close this ticket & create new task: Observing organizations of interest
4 - KZN Conference
- Gregory: I opened a redmine project for Kazan
- Gregory: We have some troubles with the conference hotel - they have expressed diffuclties of signing a contract with us. I had a phone call directly myself today with the hotel's manager and could solve some of the open questions. She promised to get back tomorrow cross checking with their legal department.
- Next Meeting: 19:00 CET on 05 March 2013
- Meeting Closed: 19:22 CET by Gregory