- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [26/06/2017 08:00]h CEST ---
- London (United Kingdom) Monday, 26 June 2017, 07:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
- Berlin (Germany) Monday, 26 June 2017, 08:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 26 June 2017, 15:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada) Sunday, 25 June 2017, 23:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil) Monday, 26 June 2017, 03:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia) Monday, 26 June 2017, 09:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India) Monday, 26 June 2017, 11:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- New York (USA) Monday, 26 June 2017, 02:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
- Jakarta (Indonesia) Monday, 26 June 2017, 13:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) Monday, 26 June 2017, 03:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
- Hanoi (Vietnam) Monday, 26 June 2017, 13:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 26 June 2017, 18:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 26 June 2017, 06:00:00
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording:
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Bailey, Ray, Andrew, Keith, Guillaume
- excused: Thomas, Koen
- Thomas votes goes to Bailey
- Andrew may have to leave early in which case Keith has his votes
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: (none present)
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 8:07 CEST by Guillaume
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is Keith
- Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
- Recording started: 08:07
- Postal votes:
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/agenda-2017-06-11?
http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_06_11 (clarification post-meeting that these are the minutes on Wiki.)
YES: Ray, Andrew, Bailey, Thomas, Keith, Guillaume
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Guillaume: TT3 subgroup and some PR, here is one of the outcomes: https://www.rts.ch/play/radio/vacarme/audio/memoire-numerique-trou-de-memoire?id=8677695
- Bailey: A little over a week ago, a poll was set up to decide on when to hold the first monthly membership meeting. Thursday, July.6th at 8pm CEST seems to be the best date. I've been working on an official announcement/invite for it that I will send out and publish on the website later today.
- Andrew: Took part in the conference sub group and have worked on the podcast -
- Keith: TT3 subgroup, call for speakers, crowdfunding considerations, statutes revisions... next meeting I may be missing.
- Raymond: Been working on getting the Twitter accounts up and running. The numbers/stats are quite good. Other than that there has been a lot of work on the activist side, including a few podcasts/radio shows. In particular #freeBogatov that has resulted in renewed contact with our Spanish speaking pirates. Especially South America. We are also talking with https://pursuanceproject.org/ about a possible collaboration. Details on that when they become available. New for the next #AaronsLaw2017.
- 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!
5.1 Financial news
There have been no updates from the cashiers, and hence the assumption is that no additional members have paid their fees. Czech, Poland, Catalonia, and Italy informed us that they would/might be paying, and Belarus indicated perhaps that it has difficulties making the payment. Besides that I have no updates. The following is the list: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/membership-20dues-20update
There have been no requests for payments.
Repayment of PP-NO/YP-NO loan was mentioned a few weeks ago, and I promised to put together a plan for repayment. The following pad redocuments the repayment: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/169
Considering that PPI has currently 2200 euros available, but expected expenses of 748 euros/annually for server costs, the treasurer recommend sthat we make 3 annual repayments to PP-NO/YP-NO. PP-NO/YP-NO has indicated that smaller repayments are acceptable. The above are the recommendations of the treasurer, and it is for the board to decide on an acceptable amount.
The board proposes a 7-year repayment plan, which can be accelerated if money is available. Keith will put together/edit the current plan and revise.
There have been transfers of 1076 and ??? Swiss Franks. Keith will send an email for the cashiers.
Bank Balance 2038.64 CHF on 26.06.2017
Paypal balance is approximately 300 euros. Numbers will be updated on the wiki after receiving the confirmation from the cashiers.
Guillaume will set up the Swiss Paypal this afternoon.
5.2 Pirate Conference 2017 (GA)
Mail was sent to pp-leaders and 1st list of membership database. Please forward and we will follow up with 2nd list if necessary.
We are still waiting for responses on the place to have the GA. The deadline for declaring one's wish for the location will be July 15th.
There is a proposal that we should wait until July 27th for the final deadline to announce the GA, because if ECOSOC is confirmed then we can use one of their board rooms at the UN.
Motion: We will wait until July 27th to make our final decision on where to hold the 2017 GA.
- Yes: Andrew, Bailey, Thomas, Keith, Guillaume, Ray
5.3 A membership database that covers everyones needs
Kitty Hundal made a sketch for our database. More progress is in the works.
We need to decide exactly which purpose. I was going to set it up for TT3, but I am waiting for us to declare the venue and event. We should set up separate crowdfunding for other projects and events. Should we set up one for the GA?
Set up a crowdfund for the 2017 GA. There was one last time, but it only got a couple hundred euros.
Crowdfunding for specific goals and ongoing crowdfunding that will take place over time.
Crowdfuning for the video and podcast projects would be part of the ongoing crowdfunding campaign. We could recognize the contributors at the end of the podcast and provide other types of contributors.
We should set up a communications plan, whereby we will be able to provide updates for people who are contributing and which will allow potential donors to see when others have contributed.
5.5 Should we establish and actually present a yearly Pirate award at this years GA?
- We would have to create a commitee or subgroup for this making sure we get judges from outside of our inner circles. It can be one for Activism and one for Political Pirate work.
- awards are meant in a positive way.
- this should be different to awards been given for competitives among e.g. you pirates.
- what should be the award be like, just a "trophy", a given part of money for whatever etc.
Discussion and decision process within Loomio for receiving comments and proposals. Ask the delegates to make a decision on the outcomes. At the same time, have the board and chair have their own set of awards that they distribute at their discretion.
- Motion: The Board initiates a PPI Delegates online decision process covering the topic of creating PPI Awards in recognition to outstanding contributions. The Board will send a mail/media communication to PPI delegates to participate in a discussion about providing awards within Loomio, and that the delegates will decide on the process of providing awards through Redmine.
- Yes: Ray, Guillaume, Keith, Bailey, Thomas, Andrew
- Motion: At the same time, the board will present to the 2017 GA its own nominations and awards based on its recognition of people who contributed to the operation of PPI. The goal of this award is to get people who are outside of the board that contribute to the organization, but the award may also be given to a board member. There can be multiple awards, not just the chairman's award, but rather awards for social media contributions, best article, etc. This motion is for the board to create its own Awards subgroup, which will decide on the awards and nominations for those awards.
- Yes: Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Bailey, Thomas, Andrew
- Motion passed/failed
5.6 Think Twice Conference
Domestic and international subgroup meetings were held. We appear to have decided on the downsized version of the event, with a hall suitable to 150 max capacity. We are waiting for updates on the venue costs and attempting to crowdsource as much hardware and service needs as possible. Without consideration of the costs, the reasonable fees for the event would be 200 shekels (50 euros) and discounted rates of 100 shekels (25 euros). The domestic subgroup is of the strong opinion that it will be difficult to draw a large crowd, certainly not one that would fit in the large venue originally planned if there is an entrance fee. We may consider having part of the event, the last hour, etc, open to the public.
The call for speakers is almost complete. Keith will forward that in the next few days, and we can begin distributing it. We will be targeting specific people and having it open to the public. All of the board members assistance is requested to distribute the call for speakers.
Koen built a great website for the event: https://think-twice.co/
We will update him with information for it.
Information is already available from the prior TT1, and information should be transferred from that website to the current: http://thinktwice.pp-international.net/PPI/TT2014.nsf/home.xsp
We need to merge the information from the old website and the one that Koen developed.
5.7 Social media updates
It would be great for our chairs to come up with a few Tweets, which could be distributed about once a week. Whenever we decide on outreach, whether they are members or non-members, then it should be given to social media as well. It is recommended to ping Bailey or Ray with the tag "signal boost" in Wire to announce a message that needs to be relayed to social media. Consultations should be made with Ray and Bailey if you want to make a social media message, so as to receive their expertise. Likewise, Ray and Bailey will also consult with the other board members to receive assistance in getting the social media messages to be relayed in other formats.
5.8 Video Campaign Idea
Ray sent Keith a number of videos and sound bits, such as the Captain Crunch video. There is a professional editor who is now working with the Captain Crunch video. We are not ready to start using the content yet, as we are working on perfecting the videos to the point that they can be used. Keith will play around with the Captain Crunch video and the prior video of Bailey and Ray, and then send it back to them to see how to distribute it.
5.9 Monthly outreach meeting
The first one is happening on Thursday, July.6th at 8pm CEST. Bailey is putting together an official announcement for the website. We received a lot of responses on the poll, and it looks like people are interested in the idea. Bailey will share the write up with the board, so we will learn more about signal boosting and how PPI has become externally-focused.
5.10 ECOSOC etc.
July 25th there will be the final confirmation of our membership. The big milestone is that our application was received and recommended for membership.
5.11 Server update
Organizing a meeting between Bastian and Cédric to prepare the migration and moving forward with both servers. There has been no clarification yet on payments, but we will follow up with Thomas.
6 AOB - Any other business
Statutes revision: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/168
Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-07-09 14:00 CEST (12:00 UTC)
- London (United Kingdom) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 13:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
- Berlin (Germany) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 14:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 21:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 05:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 09:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 15:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 17:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- New York (USA) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 08:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
- Jakarta (Indonesia) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 19:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 09:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
- Hanoi (Vietnam) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 19:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 10 July 2017, 00:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 9 July 2017, 12:00:00
Meeting Closed: 09:30 CEST