From PPI
Revision as of 14:04, 5 June 2018 by ThomasG (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [06/04/2018 21:00]h CEST ---
London (United Kingdom) Monday, 4. June 2018, 20:00 BST UTC+1 hr
Berlin (Germany) Monday, 4. June 2018, 21:00 CEST UTC+2 hrs
Tokyo (Japan) Tuesday, 5. June 2018, 04:00 JST UTC+9 hrs
Vancouver (Canada) Monday, 4. June 2018, 12:00 PDT UTC-7 hrs
São Paulo (Brazil) Monday, 4. June 2018, 16:00 BRT UTC-3 hrs
Moscow (Russia) Monday, 4. June 2018, 22:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs
New Delhi (India) Tuesday, 5. June 2018, 00:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs
New York (USA) Monday, 4. June 2018, 15:00 EDT UTC-4 hrs
Jakarta (Indonesia Tuesday, 5. June 2018, 02:00 WIB UTC+7 hrs
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Monday, 4. June 2018, 16:00 ART UTC-3 hrs
Hanoi (Vietnam) Tuesday, 5. June 2018, 02:00 ICT UTC+7 hrs
Wellington (New Zealand) Tuesday, 5. June 2018, 07:00 NZST UTC+12 hrs
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 4. June 2018, 19:00
Mumble: mumble.ppi.rocks
Room: "Pirate Parties International/PPI_Board/Board meetings"
Audio recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/owncloud/index.php/s/wVHK4BRz47KWzn2
Video: not today

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Thomas, Ray, Keith, Guillaume, Koen, Bailey,
excused:
unexcused: Nikolay

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Dan
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:
BjörnS (Phobos)
Bastian

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 21:09 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 7 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Streaming will start later due to delay of another meeting which is still online (21:36)
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_05_20

YES: Thomas, Keith,Bailey, Koen, Guillaume, Dan
NO:
ABSTENTIONS: Ray
  • Minutes approved: Yes with 6 out of 7 votes

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:
Discussion relating to UN projects about use of blockchain for refugees and how this can work with schooling and identity documentation of refugees.
  • Bailey:
Was at RIghtsCon. One of the biggest digital rights conferences, human rights and the digital age was the discussion of the event in Toronto. They were promoting the Pursuance project, and Bailey got to moderate a discussion. They also got to promote PPI, and they met with Finish Pirates and Birgitta and others. They had some good conversations with everyone. She wants to get the membership meetings to get started again- we should think of a new meeting besides membership They need to work out the timing. The Finnish were there with MyData.org, which focuses on getting people in charge of their own data.
  • Keith:
Sorry I missed last time. Was in NY for ECOSOC. Will be heading back to Japan and hopefully meeting with Japanese pirates next month. I am trying to get in touch with new parties to join. We are also working on a Pirate freeware startup project, conferences, etc. Alsoworking on signing up representatives for ECOSOC events. Please look up an event and volunteer. I will talk about this more later.
  • Koen:
Helping out PPSI - results: 2.15% - http://volitve.gov.si/dz2018/#/rezultati

Campaign was very good. They fell slightly short of their goal, but they did improve. So, they still earn subsidies. Things are moving in the right direction in Slovenia. Big congrats to Slovenia.

  • Nikolay:
(Has anyone heard from Nikolay recently? I wrote to him now to check.)
  • Raymond:
Business as usual besides the fact that I have been spending time in North America in May. We repped the movement at RightsCon, the worlds largest digital rights conference. Bailey led a discussion panel right after opening session. Panelists: Barrett Brown, Thomas Drake, Birgitta Jonsdottir, Jesselyn Radack and Naomi Colvin. We connected with Birgitta J. and MyData.org with Raoul Plommer. We made a "deal" about the future with both these last two parties. Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAe-PeEgv8w
  • Thomas:
nothing of real importance, mainly busy with preparing some minor PPDE GA stuff.
  • Alternates:
  • Adam:
not present
  • Etienne
not present
  • Daniel:
preparations for the
Latin America has been having meetings about their next big Latin America meeting next year. He has been discussing with the Brazilian pirates to bring a representative from PPI to be an observer. He recommended Keith. Any news he will bring to us.
  • Gregory:
not present
  • Questions:
from Bastian for Koen about contact data for Slovenians. Who can we reach out to in order to help them, especially with the European elections? The link for the Slovenian party is broken on our PPI website, so we need to fix that. It would be great if we could reach out to them. Koen thinks they are doing some reorganizing after the elections, but Koen will look into organizing further correspondence.

5- UN-Stuff

  • ECOSOC, About solidifying the fundraising with the Suisse, Björn
How can we achieve the goal of solidfying our financial situation with PPI so that we have the opportunity to get status in three years when we make the ECOSOC report. In Switzerland there are some fundraising databanks, but we have to try to set up a fundraising campaign. We don't want to interfere with prior work. It would be a catastrophe to lose our status, so we have to pursue this. Bjorn has been learning more about this.
  • Proposal 1:
Set up an ad hoc working group on 'ECOSOC Financing'. Initial members: Keith, Guillaume, Björn, Bastian (PPEU) and Thomas to work on it.
Yes: Keith, Guillaume,Bailey, Ray, Thomas, Koen, Björn
No:
Abstain:
  • Motion passed, Björn got the lead.


  • Annual Groundspass Approvals:
NY: Liz Gorski (USPP), Drs. Ohad Bar Siman Tov and Ohad Shem Tov (no relation, PPIL)

Geneva: Björn Niklas "Phobos" Semrau. He is a cofounder of the German Pirate Party in 2006. He is one of the oldest German Pirates. He was in the federal board and a political director for a long while. He is now spokesperson for foreign and security policy.

Others: Marketa (PPCZ), ThomasG

Proposal 2:

Approve Annual Groundpasses for All of the Above

Are there any objections to all of these people, Yes means I approve.

Yes: All Approve

No:

  • Motion passed unanimously
Keith will send letters to Guillaume to sign for approval. There will have to be separate letters for each.
There was one additional person from Switzerland who wanted to help us out Micheline ???.
not atm


  • Upcoming ECOSOC events, the two links:
https://www.un.org/ecosoc/en/events
https://reg.unog.ch/
Please look up the events, especially in the second link. There are events all over the world. We could send on our Facebook Group that is closed. We should be sure that those coming are people we know, representatives.
  • Pirate start Up initative- developing freeware that promotes transparency (the following is a summary of recent dialogue on this initiative with Drs. Ohad Bar Siman Tov and Ohad Shem Tov (no relation)
Create an international developing team by asking each party around the world to nominate one representative to take part. Then we can develop a tool that will encompass all the goodies of LF on mobile platforms. Each rep will be a project manager for his country and candelegate missions, like interface translation and so on.
Proposal for a phone application that allow people to "vote" for proposals in the government. In general it will serve just as a voice for citizens which will not have an effect on the results but will show over time the general agreement with the government and will serve as their voice. The results can be published after the proposal was voted in the government or event before but will have a time stamp when it is off the table.
We could use Germany, Israel, and an Arab country with the DCF goal of trilateral/triangular collaboration.
How to get funding for such a project is still an open question. We could pull it off as a CF to get started or ask for start up capital from wealthier pirates.
If we apply for the UN democracy fund grant, do we want to apply with the idea of Community activism / Strengthening civil society interaction with Government /Media and freedom of information /Tools for knowledge /Electoral processes?
At present, we probably do not have the experience necessary for such a large grant. We should search for other financing solutions.
If anyone is interesting in working on this project, please contact Keith.


5.1 GA Stuff

  • Upcoming GA, Call for hosts:
none yet applying
social media. We should use whatever social media we have to reach out to a broad group of people. Thomas will help Ray find information that has been written that he should send out. The information is on our website.

https://pp-international.net/2018/05/call-for-offers-pirate-parties-international-conference-2018/

  • Applications for membership from new parties. Send an announcement about a final date to submit, according to the GA.
30 days prior they should submit.


6 - Decisions partially from Redmine, a lot of them obsolete by now

  • Redmine Open List (I went through and examined the unresolved tasks and decisions in our Redmine. I also updated a few new things last week. Please note that detailled explanations of each decision and task are included in the Redmine and not copied to preserve space, but I will call them up in the meeting.)
  • Grant a representation budget to the PPI Chair in relation with the successful application for ECOSOC Special Consultative Status
  • Setting up Lime Survey for Pirate Research - obsolete as in set it up - not yet... as for details (Log in from: https://lime.ppi.rocks/limesurvey/index.php?r=admin , but we need to enable "create survey" in the above menu after logging in. Others please create logins.)
Keith will work with Bastian to do an example.
  • Creation of PPI Switzerland HQ Paypal account- perhaps obsolete, as we continue to use the Belgian account.
  • Nonmember Contact
  • Bitcoin Currency Acceptance
  • Membership invoicing - current is ongoing
  • Financial authorization process - needs to be implimented in redmine, away from email only.


Tasks

  • PPI Budget Transfer for TT3
  • TT3 Donation Invoice Collection
in work
  • Article on Using Online Democracy Tools
  • Monthly outreach meeting
  • Podcasts
  • Video Campaign
  • Subgroup for revamping the language of the PPI statutes
Pad had beeing worked on. Needs to be finalised and proposed to our members
  • Minimal budget development
  • Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties
  • Access Inventory (for Store)?
if there was any, it is lost, some had been transferred
  • Member and contact databases updates
  • Newsletter
We need to get more volunteers to help us finish a lot of these projects. At the upcoming GA would be a great time to get more people working on these projects, especially so so much does not fall on the shoulders of the board. We need more people to get involved and help us with these tasks. This is a common problem with activism in general. It is discouraging when we don't have people who want to put the work in.


7 IT Stuff

There were a few issues fixing the Redmine. They had some corrupted files, but they probably succeeded in reconstructing most of it. Everything seems fine. We don't think information was lost. Thank you to Bastian for salvaging Redmine.
  • Our IT services:
https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=Dashboard
  • Implementation of GDPR according to Swiss law. There need to be certain proceedures that are written down. We do need to update ourselves regarding Swiss law. The rules appear to be the same as other GDPR countries. We have to do a lot of documentation, which is overdue. Bastian can provide us with some templates. We have to do this. A problem with the GDPR could result in a fine. Next week we will have a special meeting with the treasurer and general secretary to make sure that we are fully compliant by the end of this month.
  • We need to work more on creating content for the website to keep us getting more clicks. Can Bailey assist getting us more content? Perhaps something about Slovenia or other stories. We should send an email asking our members for content.
  • Formally commissioning AG Technik as in "do it" plus costs for our servers
25.08.2017 - 31.12.2017 are donated, due to "it talk to long"
monthly costs since 01.01.2018 99,99 EUR/month plus 5,00 EUR for additional IP-addresses
monthly maintenance costs 297,50 EUR will be donated, needs to part assignment/commissioning due to liability insurance reasons
decision to be made by us: AG Technik shall take care of it and a small contract (PPI/AG Technik) will be done by the treasurer and AG Technik
  • Guillaume had to leave at 22:19 for really urgent reasons given.
Thomas and AG Technik will try to prepare a contract.
Proposal 3: Stefan Thöni could be a trustee and help with the contract
Does anyone object to having him?
  • No objections. Passed unaninomously
new website PPSI: https://piratskastranka.si/
website PPHR now belongs to a rock band
Bolivia facebook page that seems to be gone
Bosnia and Herzegovina - page not found
Bulgaria - 403
Columbia - page not found
Costa Rica facebook page that seems to be gone
Ecuador facebook page that seems to be gone
Estonia broken site
Denmark not loading (out of existence)
noticed, (side info, I did have checked it as well, some solved but those being preparaed on the PPDE web server first but I lost access to it for reasons still unkown)
We will decide on a preliminary budget for 2018-2019.
We will need an additional formal budget that will be approved at the GA.
Keith will work with Thomas on both the running 2018 budget and the additional GA budget.
If Pirate Times has hosting difficulties, we can provide them space and services.
We now have the ability to host and assist with internet services. We have it now! We are now ready to help others. We have a new system for this. We have the web space, the systems and instruments to easily provide these services.
Can we act as an ISP? Yes, exactly. We can offer services for national and regional parties.
This can be written down in a product sheet. It costs us nothing additional to rent space for groups. We can ask for payment, but it will not cost us anything additional. AG Technik needs qualified volunteers to help us out in the future. All teams need support. People come and go, and we need some continuance.
Thank you again to Bastian and the tech team for setting this up.


8 AOB - Any other business

  • Think Twice Conference 2019 - proposed date: 22.-24.03.2019 (around Purim)
Grant procedure for Jerusalem http://www.jda.co.il/download/files/Grant%20Procedure%20for%20Holding%20International%20Conferences%20in%20Jerusalem%202018_2.pdf
https://redmine.pp-international.net/projects/tt-2019
It would be great to have the event in collaboration with the next European Song Contest, Eurovision, which will be in Jerusalem in May. We will discuss it further at the next meeting.
Approving comments on the website


===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday, 2018-06-17 08:00 CEST 06:00 UTC) - Next meeting we will have a conversation about changing meeting times so that it is convenient for everyone.

London (United Kingdom) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 07:00 BST UTC+1 hr
Berlin (Germany) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 08:00 CEST UTC+2 hrs
Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 15:00 JST UTC+9 hrs
Vancouver (Canada) Saturday, 16. June 2018, 23:00 PDT UTC-7 hrs
São Paulo (Brazil) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 03:00 BRT UTC-3 hrs
Moscow (Russia) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 09:00 MSK UTC+3 hrs
New Delhi (India) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 11:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hrs
New York (USA) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 02:00 EDT UTC-4 hrs
Jakarta (Indonesia) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 13:00 WIB UTC+7 hrs
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 03:00 ART UTC-3 hrs
Hanoi (Vietnam) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 13:00 ICT UTC+7 hrs
Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 18:00 NZST UTC+12 hrs
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 17. June 2018, 06:00


Meeting Closed: 22:52 CEST (20:52 UTC)


Obsolete stuff from Redmine that might still be relevant to meditate on

  • Server Update - obsolete
  • 2017 Preliminary Budget to be Presented at 2017 GA - obsolete
  • Support the ECOSOC membership application process - obsolete
  • Updating Decisions of the GA Wiki - should be obsolete by now, done by Keith
  • IT - Servers relocations and consolidation - obsolete
  • functioning of the mailinglists (MO-5 2016 GA) - obsolete


  • Revision of the Rules of Procedures - obsolete
  • Domiciliation of PPI - obsolete in part


  • Money - from GA in Warsaw etc. -obsolete
  • Minimum Budget contingency 2016 obsolete
  • Creation of a virtual postal address for PPI - obsolete