From PPI
Revision as of 20:07, 2 July 2018 by 180.197.154.189 (talk)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- [02/07/2018 08/14/14:00]h CEST ---
Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording:
Video:

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bailey, Ray, Keith
excused: Thomas, Koen, Guillaume
unexcused: Nikolay
Thomas's vote goes to Bailey.
Guillaume's vote goes to Keith.

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Dan
excused:
unexcused:
Guests
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 14:11 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Keith
Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
Recording started: 14:12 by Ray
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process

3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Minutes of the last meeting https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_06_17

YES: Ray, Keith, Bailey,Thomas, Dan NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved? Yes, but note that the meeting was postponed.

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume:
  • Bailey: Nothing big to report at the moment.
  • Keith: Working a lot on the UN NY stuff. Trying to follow up with UNOG.
  • Koen:
  • Nikolay:
  • Raymond: Business as usual. Promoting PPI in conjuction with Pursuance.
  • Thomas:
  • Alternates:
  • Adam:
  • Etienne
  • Daniel: nothing
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!


5 - Issues (primarily extracted from Redmine)

PPI Budget Transfer for TT2

I received the bank transfer information from PPNO. We previously agreed to a repayment plan. We need to make sure that the cashiers make the transfer.

PPI Budget Transfer for TT3

We need to check that donations were received from PPFR and PPCH, and we need to make sure that the transfers are made.

Business Cards

Our UNHQ group wants cards. The cost would be minimal and probably our members will finance it themselves at the moment. In the future we can discuss refunding members who print cards. It could help for attending events. We can make a template file, which members can use to fill in their own information. Keith will send the template after we make the NY cards.

PPI Newsletter

Bailey really wants to do this. We need help with it. We should make a call for volunteers who can help with this, people who can commit to this. It depends what we are aiming for. How much content do we want? What are we aiming for? We still have the Pirate Times, which was set up for this purpose. We don't necessarily have to start a new newsletter. Keith thinks we should write the first one and within the first newsletter make a call for more volunteers who can assist us. Ray thinks that we have a lot of outlets, and we are not filling in those outlets. Our problem is that we don't have writers. Creating content and how we distribute it is the proper sequence. Activism could be an additional topic of the newsletter, whereby Ray and Bailey would write a small section. Bailey wants to clarify that it doesn't necessarily have to be news. If someone has a cool idea, they can publish it in the newsletter. It can be anything that relates to Pirates.

Article on Using Online Democracy Tools / tutorials within lms

Good topic for a future newsletter

Setting up Lime Survey for Pirate Research

Good topic for a future newsletter

Publishing right to privacy in digital age on website

Good topic for a future newsletter

Anarchism & Pirate Politics

Call for a venue for our GA 2018

Thomas indicated that Bavaria is in the process of making an application, or that the application already exists for Munich. Are there any other venues. It would be cool to do it outside of Europe. We haven't heard of anyone else wanting to do it. We could request for a different location, but if we choose this then we would have to be more prepared to handle a remote conference. We will need to engage differently. Bailey wants to make it more fun, not two days of statutes and boring stuff. People don't seem to like GAs a lot. There is a lot of complaining. This might contribute to the lack of motivation. If we bring fun back to it, then maybe people will be more motivated to join.

Motions for ga / statutes revisions / new member applications

We need to make sure that certain motions are processed in advance to make sure they go through at the next GA. There is a lot of bureaucracy in there that doesn't need to be there, and which make our lives difficult. We need more flexibility. We want to make sure that members can push through last minute motions. There were in the past a lot of Pirates with competing views and it was chaotic which motivated a lot of the rules. Discussion needs to take place around the motions, which created a lot of logistical problems. It would be great if people year round could come with suggestions about changes, so people could examine issues in depth before being asked to vote. We need a balance, so that stuff is straightforward but also not hindering progress. Let's try prior to the next meeting to go over the current statutes that might inhibiting us, and let's try to make suggestions in the next meeting about how to change them and push them through in this next GA. Prior to our next GA, let's really try to both get our former members to join again and to get new members to finish their applications. Even for parties to just become observer members would be great. It would cost nothing, and there is very little reason not to.

Annual Membership Passes for UN Geneva

Keith has written to them twice, and they have not certified our President (Guillaume) or our main representative (Bjorn). The issue is not the email system, which is their CSO NET system. However, maybe we need to call them up. Keith will try one last time to write them another email, and if not perhaps Guillaume or someone in Geneva can call and see what the hold up is. That accounts for 2 out of our 7 passes, so we could use more representatives.

== Annual Membership Passes for UNHQ - New York ++ Annalise Burkhart AND Claire Peters. Both from Pursuance but has interests that align with ours. Wanting to connect with NGO's through us. They would love annual membership passes. Annalise for both. Claire for just New York

  • Do we accept to have Annalise Burkhart as a UN ECOSOC additional representative in NY and Geneva?

Agree: Ray, Bailey, Keith, Guillaume, Thomas Disagree: Abstain: Motion is passed with 5/5

  • Do we accept to have Claire Peters as a UN ECOSOC additional representative in NY?

Agree: Ray, Bailey, Thomas, Keith, Guillaume, Disagree: Abstain: Motion is passed with 5/5

(https://reg.unog.ch/) Please make sure that Claire and Annalise contact Keith to confirm their personal details for the groundspass forms, and that they confirm that they will visit the UN centers within the calendar year.

We now have 3 annual members in NY, who are attending events regularly. Liz Gorski represented us recently at the Consultations with NGOs session. We did not meet the deadline for a written submission, but we did meet the deadline to be officially registered for the event. It would be great to have people checking for deadlines for future submissions. It is very hard to keep up, and they do not announce them well.

Monthly outreach meeting

Bailey is a bit hesitant at the moment as people stopped coming. Either it was a problem of the way things were done or demotivation. Keith thinks we should have one a little over a month prior to the GA, which we could use to get excitement for the GA and planning. The Finnish were interested in a meeting. Birgitta also said that she would help us out as well. It is just a matter of picking dates and working things out with people.

Podcasts / Video Campaign

Nothing new with this. I just leave it here to remind us.

Server/tech Update

Recognition that Bastian has been doing a lot of work for us to revamp our websites, tools... We discussed in the last meeting about finding finances for the tech team. Bastian recently provided PPI emails for our UN ECOSOC representatives. We should make sure that everyone working with us has a PPI email. We are very impressed with the work that Bastian and our team have put in.

finances update

There has not been an update of our budget since November. We need to get our bank balances, Paypal, and update our budget for 2018. We need our treasurer to request from the cashiers our bank balance.

affiliation fees

In advance of the GA is a good time to request affiliation fees.

Nikolay

Ray is sending a mail to someone else in PP Russia to see if they know if he is ok. We hope he is ok.

Volunteers call

This is something that should be part of our newsletter. Also, we can propose an internship program for Young Pirates where senior pirates would mentor them. It has been getting increasingly difficult to get volunteers. We should always be trying to get volunteers. Perhaps we can motivate people on a recent activism issue that needs attention. What is the cause that will make people rise up? The EU recent made #saveyourinternet. The vote in parliament is July 4th in a couple of days. A few pirates were trying to get people to rise up and do something about this. There was not a lot of people who were rising up to do something about this.

6 AOB - Any other business

Attendance (Ray)

Is it sufficient to not arrive but give your vote to someone else? We should remind ourselves about the meetings, but it is not the end of the world if someone doesn't arrive. We don't need to call someone out for not attending a meeting or make them feel uncomfortable. It would be great as well to make sure that those who can't make it are updated and are able to provide feedback so we don't have to wait for the next meeting.

===================================================

Next Meeting: Sunday/Monday, 2018 07/15 21:00 CEST (00:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 15:38 CEST (00:00 UTC)