From PPI
Revision as of 08:29, 17 January 2019 by Numero6 (talk | contribs) (Add Category)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Board Meeting - 17.12.2018 - 21h00 CEST

Convened

Note : as some board members and alternate board members did not register on Congressus before the meeting, they are not appearing on the lists bellow.

  • Board :
    • Alternate board members :
      • Cedric
      • kittyhundal
      • DanPrazeresBR
    • Board members :
      • Etienne
      • keithgoldstein
      • BaileyL
      • RayJohansen
      • MichalGill

Absent

  • Board :
    • Alternate board members :
    • Board members :
  • Board delegatives members :

Ordre du jour

PROCEEDINGS

Board Rules of Procedure : http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure

Chair and secretary

Meeting opened at 21:08 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Etienne

Streaming started: xxx

Recording started: 21:08

Quorum

Establishing quorum.

Conclusion
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.


Etienne: Guillaume is excused.
Ladislav, absent not excused
Etienne: Koen and Bastian are here

APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Link of the last minutes :https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/december-17-2018-xn2s040

:Approval on the minutes
The minutes of the last meeting are approved :
YES: Mike, Bailey, Ray, Etienne, Keith
NO:
ABSTENTIONS:
Conclusion
Minutes approved


REPORTS

Reports order :
  • Board : Guillaume, Bailey, Keith, Ladislav, Ray, Mike, Etienne
  • Alternate : Daniel, Gregory, Kitty, Cédric


BaileyL: There is the Catalonia project. Keith, Ray and I attende the meeting for the pirate security conference.
RayJohansen: Business as usual. Same that Bailey about the PCS. I won't be very active before the end of the year.
RayJohansen: Business as usual. Also under the weather so my activity level will be low until the turn of the year.
MichalGill: Same for me, I won't be available before the end of the year. I do not send the email yet.
Etienne: Nothing new on my side. Sorry.
kittyhundal: Nothing to report. I'll be involved on Ray's prject. I'd be happy to participate to the Catalonia project.
Cedric: I installed Congressus. I've full access to the VM. I do my part, I'll upgrade Congressus and I'll inform soon.
We translated in French the call for Catalonia project.
keithgoldstein: i've been working on UN report for elder people that we need to do quicky. I work on TT4 and PSC.

We have to sign up our permanent representatives for UN meeting in NY, Vienna and Geneva.

1. TECH ISSUES

Points under this item :
  • Give an access to the Information System to Credric
  • Any issues remaining to enable Congressus installation
  • Functioning of the mailinglists (MO-5 2015 GA)


Give an access to the Information System to Cedric

Give an access to the Information System to Cedric Levieux for Congressus installation and maintenance

Note : This should be about introductions, tutorials, or other news concerning our decision to experiment with Congressus

Person in charge : Cedric
RayJohansen: Resolved, and as such needs not be discussed, right?
Cedric: We need, in my point to view to make a post-mortem, because I really had a bad experience ...
Cedric: I was vexed by Bastian during the process. I was really hard to go forward. Please be kind with people, we all do mistakes.
BaileyL: Thank you to Cédric and Bastian. Cédric did a really great job.
Bastian : Lot of issues, I'm not discuting those issues with all board. If I've a tech issues, I'll clear that with my colleage. I'm quite upset about what Cedric just said but we'll have to speak about this later.

Any issues remaining to enable Congressus installation

Any issues remaining to enable Congressus installation: public key, subdomain, encryption of credentials, etc.

Person in charge : Cédric
Cedric: Only few upgrade to make to have full functionality between discord and congressus, explain more what is the personae part for delegation between members

Functioning of the mailinglists (MO-5 2016 GA)

Functioning of the mailinglists (MO-5 2016 GA)

Person in charge : None

Note : Also, Keith would like to again propose uniting the PPI discussion and PP-Leaders email addresses, and I think we need to make an announcement that users who wish to write to the group now need to use the email pp-leaders@groups.pp-international.net ***GROUPS
keithgoldstein: I have a point for this task. I asked before about combining pp-leaders and pp-discussion, and we did not, but it seems to me there are many people who for whatever reason signed up for pp-discussions and not pp-leaders, and we should combine these lists, because no one uses pp-leaders.discussion.
BaileyL: I second that. I've heard about good argument for not doing it.
Conclusion
Keith will fix this.



Bastian : I can put people on the same ML. We have to care for the needs of the members. We need to ask people before to delete them.
keithgoldstein: the groups. is important. before you did not have to use groups. , so it is important that everyone knows that. i will clarify in an email.
exactly. we are just going to combine the mailing lists.
We are not going to throw them away.
I am just going to send all pp-leaders emails to both mailing lists.

2. FINANCIAL ISSUES

Points under this item :
  • Collection of Affiliation Fees Due in 2018
  • Provinding Invoices For Payment
  • Affiliation fees that are due to be paid before the end of 2019
  • Budget
  • Cashiers

Collection of Affiliation Fees Due in 2018

Collection of Affiliation Fees Due in 2018

Speaker : Mike
MichalGill: As I said before. I'm on it but I'm really busy actually.

Providing Invoices for Payments

Providing Invoices for Payments

Speaker : Mike
MichalGill: I received the last year template. I've to fix it for 2018 fees.

Affiliation fees that are due to be paid before the end of 2019

Affiliation fees that are due to be paid before the end of 2019

Speaker : Mike
MichalGill: As I said before. I'm on it but I'm really busy actually.

Budget

Budget

Also update balances from cashiers.

Speaker : Mike

RayJohansen: I propose this item be called Budgets, plural.
The board needs to be presented with and formalize the following:
Budget 2019
Quarterly budget 2019
Liquidity budget 2019 (sometimes referred to as cash flow budget)
Quarterly Liquidity budget 2019
In addition, the board needs to decide on what we demand in the form of financial reports for each board meeting. I think this should be its own point: Reporting

Cashiers

Cashiers

We have a retiring cashier.

Speaker : Guillaume
keithgoldstein: Rudulph is retiring.
We have a conflict of interest with the other cashier that became Lay Auditors.
Guillaume will find to people and we'll have to nominated here.

3. ADMINISTRATION

Items under this point :
  • Rules of procedures
  • Members
  • Monthly outreach meeting
  • Tools

Rules of procedure

Items under this point :
  • Change to Board RoP #1 - Deleting §5 - point 3
  • Change to Board RoP #2 - Adding minimum criteria for agenda items

Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting §5 - point 3

Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting §5 - point 3

We were supposed to have a rule addition to clarify the rules after removing this rule.

Person in charge : Gregory and Ray
RayJohansen: This has been resolved and does not need to be in the agenda. But someone should edit the wiki to reflect the boards decision.
RayJohansen: Someone "suggested" there was a need for clarification of the rules after removing this. There is no need for clarification. The a board decision is from now on made by a simple majority. Which is more than half of quorum.
keithgoldstein: I think there is a need, because now it states "Decisions are taken by a majority of board members present at the meeting."
RayJohansen: We need to change the rules on the wiki. If that constitutes a problem that I'm not aware of please explain.
keithgoldstein: We still have the possibility to take decision with only three members persons.
RayJohansen: Okay, so we need to have to make a new proposition for the next meeting.
keithgoldstein: So now we only need 3 votes still for a board decision. A further rule is required that we will need to propose for the next board meeting.

Change to Board RoP # 2 - Adding minimum criteria for agenda items

Proposal for board meeting: Change to Board RoP # 2 - Adding minimum criteria for agenda items

Discuss criteria and programs that must correlate, Redmine, Congressus.

Person in charge : none
RayJohansen: This was postponed to include more proposals for changes by Gregory Engels. It does not need to be in this agenda and is postponed until such a time Gregory is finished with his work.
keithgoldstein:
keithgoldstein: We wait to discuss this topic until a later date.
Conclusion
Topic is postponed until the next meeting.



Members

Items under this point :
  • Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties
  • Nonmember Contact

Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties

Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties

Person in charge : Ray
RayJohansen: This is an old thing that has been at 100 % for quite some time. For the next board meeting a project that aims to describe a plan to make tech for member administration - will be presented. It will not happen in this meeting.
keithgoldstein: There is a working group, which can be dismissed as resolved and moved to the working group.

Nonmember Contact

Nonmember Contact

Announcement of full observer membership interest from Chile, make sure that we get all applications from interested parties as soon as possible.

Person in charge : Keith
keithgoldstein: Chile contacts us. Some parties express that they want to join the PPI. If some party contacts you please don't wait to long before to help them complete their application.

Monthly outreach meeting

Monthly outreach meeting

Person in charge : Bailey
RayJohansen: This does not belong in the agenda. When, and only when, Bailey decides to present a plan for the meetings it will be on the agenda again. (IMHO)

Tools

Items under this point :
  • Board Decision, Tasks, Voting Organization Tool
  • Board meeting location : test Discord
  • Updating Decisions of the Board on our wiki

Board Decision, Tasks, Voting Organization Tool

Board Decision, Tasks, Voting Organization Tool

Discussion of continuation to update using which programs and where to include what.

Person in charge : None
RayJohansen: We are in the middle of a test of one of several tools. We do not need to discuss this in this meeting, IMHO. It does not need to be in the agenda until such a time the item is proposed again. I will do so after the tests are done. When we do make a decision on this the reasons for our choices must be made clear in supporting documents that must be written. This is especially true when we choose non-open source solutions.

Board meeting location : test Discord

Proposal for board meeting: Board meeting location : test Discord

Person in charge : Etienne
RayJohansen: We are now testing it. There is no need to discuss it in this board meeting.

Updating Decisions of the Board on our Wiki

Updating Decisions of the Board on our Wiki

Person in charge : Keith and Thomas
keithgoldstein: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Decisions_of_Board&action=edit&redlink=1
keithgoldstein: We are updating the decisions. We could use help. Please help, pick some minutes.
keithgoldstein: I've done the first board from 2010. It's a lot of work. Any help is welcome. Just choose one meeting and work !

4. COMMUNICATION

Items under this point :
  • PPI Newsletter
  • Article On Using Online Democracy Tools
  • Video Campaign

PPI Newsletter

PPI Newsletter

Person in charge : Bailey and Keith
RayJohansen: I do not see the need to discuss this in the meeting. We have discussed it and had it on the agenda since forever. Non of those times has a description of the task been made. In addition no person in charge of it has been found. Some say we should have a newsletter, (but what a news letter is has not been formulatet), while some contend that we do not need a new thing when we have trouble writing things for the things we already have. Wordpress, Facebook, Twitter and emails.

Article on Using Online Democracy Tools

Article on Using Online Democracy Tools

Person in charge : Guillaume
Conclusion
No updates.


keithgoldstein: Please keep in mind, you can write article ! Any participation is welcomed.
BaileyL: If you want to write about anything, make a video go !

Video Campaign

Video Campaign

Person in charge : Ray

5. ECOSOC

Items under this point :
  • Requestion for Inputs
  • Annual Membership Passes for UNHQ - New-York

Request for Inputs

Request for Inputs to 10th session of the General Assembly’s Open-ended Working Group on Ageing

Person in charge : Keith
keithgoldstein: This a very important task. The dead line is February 1st. All the details are in the Redmine task. Please join.

Annual Membership Passes for UNHQ - New York

Annual Membership Passes for UNHQ - New York

Person in charge : Keith
keithgoldstein: Please nominate people from Geneva, from N-Y (and Vienna).

4. CONFERENCES

Items under this point :
  • Pirate Security Conference
  • Think Twice #4

PCS

Item under this point :
  • Proposal for agenda item : Pirate Security Conference - Discussion

Proposal for agenda item: Pirate Security Conference - discussion

Proposal for agenda item: Pirate Security Conference - discussion

Person in charge : Ray, Bailey, Keith

Here is a discussion of the meeting that we had on 12/13
<Please add announcements from pad>
RayJohansen: This agenda item was resolved. A discussion happened and was acted on. Things were clarified.
AFTER budgets have been formalized we will then see IF we have the cash flow to give 400 euros to PSC. But that is for a new item when we can do it.
RayJohansen: On a sidenote. There can only be one person in charge. Many may participate but there cannot be more than one "Person in Charge"
BaileyL: We attended the organization meeting. It was really good. We got an idea how they handle this and how PPI can help. Our role is not clear, but we might help with social media communication.
keithgoldstein: They are thinking about having a PPI speaker in the event to speak on behalf of the movement.

TT4

Item under this point :
Proposal for Board meeting : Think Twice #4 - Discussion

Proposal for board meeting: Think Twice #4 - discussion

Proposal for board meeting: Think Twice #4 - discussion

Person in charge : Ladislav, Mike, Keith and Koen

RayJohansen: This was resolved. There was a discussion where it was clarified a plan including budget must be penned and presented to the board who only then can decide IF we will run the conference. (There should be only one person in charge, although many might be listed as participants.)
MichalGill: The information is in the hand of the PPCZ board. We have to wait.
keithgoldstein: Koen said that he'll working on the website. We have to set up a working group for coordination.
RayJohansen: Point of order : Please remove this two points of order. If there are any news, put up new agenda items. This two have been resolved.

6. STATUES REVISION

Item under this point :
  • Subgroup for revamping the language of the PPI Statutes

Subgroup for revamping the language of the PPI statutes

Subgroup for revamping the language of the PPI statutes

Person in charge : Etienne, Guillaume, Keith
Etienne: This point is not relevant because we decided to set up a new process.

AOB - Any other business

keithgoldstein: There is a huge project for fund raising : register to the state of Geneva but it's a lot of work.
RayJohansen: We starts to use Congressus and Discord. it's really impressing. It's well organize... I'm ready to call it a huge success. It only gets better. It can helps us to work in a more professional way.
I want to thank Bailey for this really good first meeting.
I want to the French members for this tool
BaileyL: It is an awesome tool... Thank you to Cédric and Etienne for the tool, and Bastian.
The raise hand helps me.

NEXT MEETING

Next meeting : Sunday 30th - 9PM CET

RayJohansen: Suggestion: Sunday December 30th 17:00 CET
RayJohansen: Thomas
Forget the 30th. Skip to 07.01.
14:00 CET
Make it Sund. the 14th
Conclusion
The 30th meeting is skip.


RayJohansen: Chair sees the opportunities and just invites if no objections are given.
Conclusion
Decided date : Mon. 14th January - 21:00 CET Where ? On the French Discord



Ayant participé à un vote

  • 9 - MichalGill
  • 5 - BaileyL
  • 6 - RayJohansen
  • 3 - Etienne
  • 4 - keithgoldstein