From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search

Feb 24 2019 bod

Convoqués

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Cedric (1)
    • Etienne (1)
    • keithgoldstein (1)
    • BaileyL (1)
    • RayJohansen (1)
      • 5/10
  • Board :
    • Alternate board members :
      • Cedric


Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 270

Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 270

    • Board members :
      • Etienne
      • keithgoldstein
      • BaileyL
      • RayJohansen


Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 270

Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 270

Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 270

Absents

  • Board delegatives members :
    • kittyhundal
    • DanPrazeresBR
    • MichalGill
    • Ladislav.Koubek
    • gsaouli
  • Board :
    • Alternate board members :


Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 332

      • kittyhundal


Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 332

      • DanPrazeresBR
    • Board members :


Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 332

      • MichalGill


Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 332

      • Ladislav.Koubek


Notice: Undefined index: mem_present in /home/congressus/www/congressus/application/meeting/export_templates/markdown.php on line 332

      • gsaouli

Ordre du jour

Board Meeting

Convened

keithgoldstein: Present are Cedric, Etienne, Keith, Bailey and Ray.


Excused: Guillaume, Ladislav, Mike (?)


Meeting started at 14:08

keithgoldstein: Visiting: Florie
keithgoldstein: Quorum is obtained with 5 out of 7 present.

Absent

Conclusion
- Guillaume, excused

- Ladislav, excused - Mike, excused



PROCEEDINGS

2.1.1 Chair and secretary

Conclusion
- Bailey is president

- Cedric is secretary



2.1.2 Quorum

Conclusion
4 members of the board are present, quorum is ok



APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
15yes.png Yes : {{{Yes}}}
15no.png No : {{{No}}}
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : {{{Abstain}}}
Result: Motion adoptée


keithgoldstein: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_01_14



keithgoldstein: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2018_01_27
keithgoldstein: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2019_02_11
Conclusion
The minutes are approved


keithgoldstein: Minutes were approved. There was a discussion of whether the alternate board member is automatically promoted to vote, but alas we need to make sure that excused members nominate someone to take their vote.

REPORTS

Board

Guillaume:

Bailey:

BaileyL: Gone to new york. Get my pass for the UN
BaileyL: No more problem with US Boarder, so I will come back for UN stuff
BaileyL: With Ray and Ladislav. Fun.
BaileyL: Showed up and make a little protest on catalunya behalf

Keith:

keithgoldstein: PPIL is officially registered for the upcoming elections.
keithgoldstein: One next month and half, I will be more occupied with PPIL
keithgoldstein: I hope you mak all your business cards
BaileyL: It's understable for your elections. If you want support just asks. Like in France and everywhere.

Ladislav:

Raymond:

RayJohansen: Business as usual, although I have done little bc of new job.


Establishing Standing Committee for membership data

Building a database for continuously current and searchable information on official contact points with members and non-members that can be continuously updated by the users themselves and be maintained by PPI staff.


Responsible: Ray Johansen

On team: Etienne and Mike


https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GlUuisoGgHthx88RTqJSYW3fB7dYKkvCozuQgK8TmQQ/edit?usp=sharing


RayJohansen: Went to the UN with Bailey and had a very positive meeting with Ladislav. He is very professional and had control of what was going on in the room. I was also functioning as Baileys photographer and security guard repellent lol


RayJohansen: Tried to help a whistleblower in France (Monaco) by getting them representation. Was not successful.

Mike:

Etienne:

Etienne: Nothing new.

Statutes revision is on its way. First draft will be presented at the end of March as expected.

Etienne: Absent for the next two weeks, cause midterms. But always reachable
Etienne: Good luck

Alternates

Daniel:

Gregory:

Kitty:

Cédric:

Cedric: Nothing for the PPI. Working on Congressus on a great super secret functionality.

TECH ISSUES

keithgoldstein: I think we need to have a working group on Congressus for translations and so on.
Cedric: we can use github to make ponctual ajustement or don't hesitate to make a meeting around translations, sometime they need more context

FINANCIAL ISSUES

keithgoldstein: We need to appoint a new cashier, check if Guillaume is on top of that.
keithgoldstein: We need to get statements from the cashiers to update our financial situation.

2.8.2 Annual Membership Passes for UNOG

keithgoldstein: Pat Maechler asked to join our list. He has been active in our UNOG discussions and would be a good addition. We have two passes remaining. Guillaume will have to provide an additional letter, but that is all.
keithgoldstein: Additional correspondence needs to be sent to the NGO branch with the nominations letter in order to get the CEO and other nominations approved.
RayJohansen: I have a former UN consultant I want to ask. Bailey and I got in touch with him through the Catalan ops. No name here please.
keithgoldstein: Do we accept Pat to our list of members? Any objections?
keithgoldstein: Ray has a recommendation for an additional consultant, who needs to be asked.
keithgoldstein: These will be our two last passes
Conclusion
For the moment no objection, but we'll need Guillaume on this



ECOSOC

Speech at CSOCD57 in NY in Feb., registration from Jan. 11.

keithgoldstein: We have a collection of media, which we need to collect and make a blog post.

New call for ECOSOC submissions

Pas de description

keithgoldstein: https://csonet.org/index.php?page=view&nr=445&type=13&menu=14
keithgoldstein: The annual call for submission of written statements and requests for oral statements for this event will be open from 4 March to 26 April 2019.
keithgoldstein: 16 to 19 July 2019. Be in NY then.

UNOG upcoming visits

RayJohansen: Bailey and I are planning to go to Geneva this fall or late summer. I presume we can get temporary passes for that.
keithgoldstein: UN High Level Panel on Digital Cooperation
keithgoldstein: You need to sign up the mail list to be warned on UNOG stuff

CONFERENCES

2.9.1 PCS

BaileyL: I follow the much I can, seems to be fun
keithgoldstein: We wanted to have a blog post about it on our website with media from the event.
BaileyL: Congratz for this week-end, to the organisation
RayJohansen: Link to Baileys video for PCS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRdCk0DvOE4

2.9.2 TT4

keithgoldstein: Too many absences to put a vote on it
keithgoldstein: Next meeting we need to have a formal proposal to formalize whether we will go ahead with TT4.


RayJohansen: I dont' agree we can go ahead on voting for TT4
RayJohansen: Ray get a second from Etienne. The chair will decide on how we vote.
Etienne: We wanted to go ahead with a symbolic vote to show that we are working on the event and not waiting on a task.
Motion
PPI has today decided we for the forth time organize the conference Think Twice in cooperation with our PPCZ member
15yes.png Yes : {{{Yes}}}
15no.png No : {{{No}}}
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : {{{Abstain}}}
Result: Motion adoptée


Conclusion
PPI has today decided we for the forth time organize the conference Think Twice in cooperation with our PPCZ member


RayJohansen: I ask the responsible to present a plan with economy at a later date -to the board.

STATUTES REVISION

Etienne: Need to know the difference between PPI and PPI headquarters. If someone has the answer, send me mail.
BaileyL: It's only a wording problem. Coming from different events we attended to.

ADMINISTRATION

Member data stand comm.

Task
{{{1}}}


Cedric: I'm happy if possible to join this committee
RayJohansen: Cedric volunteers to be on the committee and will get an invitation today.
Cedric: Thanks

COMMUNICATION

Ongoing Issues that may not have updates

2.7.1 PPI Newsletter

2.7.2 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools

2.7.3 Video Campaign

2.10.1 Subgroup for revamping the language of the PPI statutes

Conclusion
CLOSE THIS POINT



2.6.1 Rules of procedure

2.6.1.1 Change to Board RoP # 1 - Deleting §5 - point 3

2.6.1.2 Change to Board RoP # 2 - Adding minimum criteria for agenda items

2.6.2 Members

2.6.2.1 Inventory of PPI members and pirates parties

2.6.2.2 Nonmember Contact

2.6.3 Monthly outreach meeting

BaileyL: there is an opportunity for the copyright directive on perhaps March 23rd, whereby activists all over Europe will join this day of action. It would be great if PPI could support this.

2.6.4 Tools

2.4.3 Functioning of the mailing lists (MO-5 2016 GA)

2.6.4.1 Board Decision, Tasks, Voting Organization Tool

2.6.4.2 Board meeting location : test Discord

keithgoldstein: Do we want a PPI Discord Server?
keithgoldstein: Discussion of whether PPFR can continue to host Congressus and Discord for us? At some point we will need to decide whether we could have our own infrastructure, but for now we would like to keep them there.
keithgoldstein: Etienne will examine the possibilities.

2.8.1 Request for Inputs for Older People Paper, 4 topics, 800 words each.

Conclusion
THIS IS CLOSED AND NEEDS TO BE REMOVED.



2.6.4.3 Updating Decisions of the Board on our Wiki

2.11 AOB - Any other business

Etienne: Bring back Discourse! Can we move that back to our server?
BaileyL: Yes, it's so useful!
keithgoldstein: https://ppi.savvy.ch/

2.12 NEXT MEETING

Conclusion
Monday March 11 at 21:00 CET


RayJohansen: Wiki needs to be updated. Keith volunteers
keithgoldstein: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Board_Meetings
Conclusion
Record of the meeting available here : https://congressus.partipirate.org/audio/8-1551013630380.mp3



Request to delegate out further to our working group on emails to try to revive and expand use of pp-leaders email list.

Ayant participé à un vote

  • 5 - BaileyL
  • 6 - RayJohansen
  • 4 - keithgoldstein
  • 3 - Etienne