From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search

September 23 2019

Convoqués

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Cedric (1)
    • keithgoldstein (1)
    • BaileyL (1)
    • RayJohansen (1)
    • DanPrazeresBR (1)
    • Dichter (1)
      • 6/9
  • Board members :
    • keithgoldstein
    • BaileyL
    • RayJohansen
    • DanPrazeresBR
    • Dichter
  • Alternate board members :
    • Cedric

Absents

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Etienne
    • MichalGill
    • gsaouli
  • Board members :
    • Etienne
    • MichalGill
    • gsaouli
  • Alternate board members :

Ordre du jour

September 23

Board Meeting

Bailey, Ray, Gregory, Cedric, and guest of Vojtech from PPCZ.

keithgoldstein: Dan arrived late.

Convened

Pas de description


Absent

Pas de description


PROCEEDINGS

Pas de description


Chair and secretary

Pas de description


Quorum

Pas de description


Approval of the Minutes

Pas de description


Sept. 9

<a href="https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2019_09_09">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2019_09_09</a>

Motion
Do we approve the minutes ?
15yes.png Yes :
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion rejetée


keithgoldstein: Minutes are approved with no abstentions.

Oct. 7

https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ppi-bod-sept-24-2019-k4300ol


Approval of Today's Agenda

  1. election among board of replacement positions.
  2. calling the GA.
  3. Geneva registration-Belgian registration
  4. Economic report
  5. affiliation fee invoices
  6. bank account cashiers
  7. Board meeting dates
Motion
Ok with the agenda
OK with the agenda?
15yes.png Yes :
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion rejetée


keithgoldstein: Agenda is approved with 4 votes and 1 abstain.

Board member reports

Pas de description


Board

Pas de description


Bailey:

Guillaume has resigned, and so my report is that I have been processing this development and figuring out where we take this going forward.


Keith:

We had another election. We improved, but we are still far from being competitive. I am feeling still that we need to increase the board size, especially in light of the recent developments.


Daniel:

Raymond:

Pas de description

RayJohansen: Nothing to report beyond covering my usual work.

Mike:

Etienne:


Cedric: Can't be there today.


But I worked on PPI fees and made a proposal : https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364025708923846656/625350985958555659/PPI.docx .

I'm also in discussion with PPUK to make them back to PPI

Alternates

Pas de description


Gregory:

Can't make it. Provided us with a timeline of when he can attend.

Dichter: I had a look at the PPI HQ registration, because I needed to update the PPI's registration in the EU transparency register. I have submitted an application for the register and had some conversations with the Joint Transparency Register Secretariat regarding our registration. Also applied to participate in the Stakeholder Dialog on the application of Article 17 on Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market (EU 2019/790)



Dichter: We are overdue with the Belgian HQ registration. We need to submit tax forms, change the members, and other registration issues. On the Think Twice conference, I looked into a website for the registration of speakers.

Cédric:

Maybe can't make it.

Cedric: nothing to report
Cedric: PPUK discussion with Etienne.

Election of replacements

The chairman has resigned, so we need to elect a new chair. Bailey is the current vice chair and will stand for the position. If she is elected, we need to replace vice chair. She is open to being the chair if we are fine with that.

RayJohansen: I nominate Gregory for Vice Chair
RayJohansen: I nominate Bailey for chair, because she is right for the position and has been consistently active.
Motion
Do we accept Bailey as chairperson?
Accept Bailey?
15yes.png Yes : RayJohansen (1), Cedric (1), Dichter (1), keithgoldstein (1)
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : BaileyL (1)
Result: Motion adoptée


keithgoldstein: We accept Bailey with 4 votes yes, and Bailey abstaining.
keithgoldstein: Gregory Engels is now a full board member. He is glad to be back on board, and now that he is officially in line he will put more time and attention to PPI. He accepts the nomination as vice-chair of the board.
RayJohansen: Gregory is professional who has been with PPI since I can remember. He does what he says he will, and he gets stuff done. We are late with many tasks. We are at 10% of our budget allocated, and we need to engage in discussions with our German IT team, and we need a plan for 2020.
Motion
Do we accept (vote for) Gregory as Vice-Chairperson?
Accept Gregory as vice-chair?
15yes.png Yes : RayJohansen (1), BaileyL (1), keithgoldstein (1)
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Cedric (1), Dichter (1)
Result: Motion adoptée


RayJohansen: The vote is accepted with 3 votes. A simple majority is enough.
keithgoldstein: Gregory graciously accepts the position.

General Assembly

We need to figure out the dates for the GA this year. It will be an online assembly. We now know  PPEU will have its meeting in the beginning of November.

BaileyL: I was thinking the beginning of December. Does anyone have other suggestions for dates?
RayJohansen: I would be glad to organize the GA. It is a lot of work.
keithgoldstein: We are looking to have the GA on the weekend of Dec. 7. There is the IGF on Nov. 30th, and Dec. 14 is to close to holidays.


keithgoldstein: We are leaning towards having an online GA that opens a week early, Dec. 1, and then we will have the official meeting with a large group present on Dec. 7.
Dichter: In the past all of the online meetings happened in a meeting style. I don't see a whole week dedicated towards having the GA in this style. We never did it in the past in any other way. Also, we might need to change the rules of procedure.
keithgoldstein: My thinking is that we would have the initial one week discussion in Discourse this way people who can't attend can voice their opinions and make decisions on issues that are presented there, as well as find delegates for the day of the GA.
Motion
Vote for Nov. 30?
Nov. 30
15yes.png Yes :
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion rejetée


Motion
Vote for Dec. 7?
Dec. 7
15yes.png Yes :
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion rejetée


Motion
Vote for Dec. 14?
Dec. 14
15yes.png Yes :
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion rejetée


keithgoldstein: Dan arrived.
keithgoldstein: Dec. 7 has 5 votes, the most, so that is the date of the GA. Dec. 14 has 3 votes. Nov. 30 has 2 votes.
keithgoldstein: Our GA will be the weekend of Dec. 7.
keithgoldstein: We need to get Discourse up and running as soon as possible. Ray suggests we need someone to organize the bottom line of the GA. Ray volunteers as the person who will coordinate and make sure we stay on task, but it is a collective responsibility and we all need to work as a team.
RayJohansen: The vice chair volunteered for assisting coordinating the GA. The undersigned is happy. :wink:

Registration in Switzerland

Dichter: Now that Guillaume has stepped down, can we still use the c/o Maître Dimitri Tzortzis BST-Avocats?


keithgoldstein: I am not sure who is the contact at that address.
RayJohansen: We suggest that we contact our advocate to see if the address is still valid.
RayJohansen: We are lacking information on what needs to be done to advance with the registration in Switzerland. We are hoping for NGO registration.
RayJohansen: We need to get relevant contacts and info from Guillaume.
keithgoldstein: There are concerns with relinquishing our Belgian registration. Also, our goal with Swiss registration was to get registered in Geneva in order to qualify for subsidies. Gregory will look into this and see what needs to be done. It may also be beneficial to be registered in Switzerland if there are subsidies available.

Registration in Belgium

 - we need new regidsttered office in Belgium
 - we need to submit an update to the public register with the list of new officers and new address. 
 - we need to submit tax declarations (nil declarations) for the yeas 2016, 2017, 2018. 
 - we need to deposit the annual financial statements for the years 2016, 2017, 2018. 
 - we might need to pay fees for beiing late. 
Dichter: This is quite urgent, because we need to submit declarations and updates of the board. We need a new agreement for an office. Julia Reda took over Amelia's office. Then they decided that they don't need an office anymore, without informing us. So, it seems that since 2016 no one has been checking the office. We might be in a liquidation process and don't know yet. I suggest that we get a new mailing address. My suggestion is that we make it our top priority, and we make a new registration with the new officers. It costs 127 euros, and we need to do it very quickly. The bank account in Belgium was a problem, and I am confident we can resolve this now once we finish the registration.

Economic reports

There is nothing to report. The work on the invoices has started. We will notify that next year's dues have gone up. 


Bank account and Paypal



Replacement cashiers

Pas de description


Budget and cashflow budget 2019

Pas de description


Budget 2019

Pas de description


Budget 2020

Pas de description


Creating invoices and sending them out

Pas de description


Follow up on invoices

Pas de description


Any other business

BaileyL: We have to do something to repair our relationship with PPDE. I'm not sure how right now, but we need to think about it.

Meeting times

Gregory: I have a problem with regular board meeting days on Mondays, as they collide sometimes (about 18-20 times per year) with committee meetings from my city council.  My blocked out mondays for that reason are:  04 Nov, 11 Nov,  09 Dec, 16 Dec, 27 Jan, 03 Feb, 24 Feb, 02 Mar, 23 Mar, 30 Mar, 04 May, 11 May, 22 Jun, 29 Jun, 31 Aug, 07 Sep, 21 Sep, 28 Sep, 26 Oct, 02 Nov, 23 Nov, 30 Nov, - I request that we eather do nbot meet at those days, or if we need to keep monday to move the meeting either to 14:00CET or 21:00CET

RayJohansen: Can we set up a poll (Doodle) to set up our next meeting time?
keithgoldstein: Keith will set up a Doodle for the next meeting.

"Right to Work and Access to the Labour Market" and "Access to Justice" in the context of older persons Due Oct. 31

https://trello.com/c/Abets6a1


Upcoming Meeting

Ayant participé à un vote

  • 6 - RayJohansen
  • 1 - Cedric
  • 17 - Dichter
  • 4 - keithgoldstein
  • 5 - BaileyL