From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
--- [04/12/2019 19:00]h CEST ---
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording:

Record of the meeting


1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Ray, Bailey, Gregory, Keith, Cedric

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members


  • [19:16] CEST: (name) entered the meeting Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)


Minutes of the last meeting


Minutes approved


4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
No Board reports
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 - Proposal No. 1

  • Repayment for Zoom
I am with this email submitting a request to be reimbursed for one month of Webinar for Zoom in connection with the General Assembly. Using only the self paid Pro account I ran into a few challenges with invitation, reminders, feedback and of course streaming to Youtube. All that was solved by buying the Webinar app for a month to the tune of 40 USD.

Accept the repayment of 40 USD to Ray for the GA.

Yes: Gregory, Keith, Bailey, Cédric No: Abstain: Ray

:The repayment is planned.    
  • 2020 budget
The budget has a proposal from Etienne, where he has done work on the income side (those numbers are fine). When it comes to what we spend where, that depends on the activity level, so if one plans to have a conference in one place and another, there should be numbers to reflect that. The budget should be sent to all the members, delegates... It should be put in Discourse, so the membership can discuss it and vote on it. I (Ray) suggest that we should conclude the budget.
Ray will send the budget. Keith will send an email to Dan, the board, and the lay auditors indicating that the budget should be reviewed and approved prior to the GA.
One of the difficulties, with the planned activity meeting, we have an issue that we should choose a number and give budget for the issues that we have a lot of activity.
  • Task list in general

This point will be revised. Instead, a discussion about book keeping... there is a very important task of every board. What I am seeing now does not look very good. The GA budget should be finalized. Our treasurer needs help. Each activity needs a description of what it was. There needs to be a description of what the payment was for. This task will take a few hours. If you need help with it, Ray will help.

  • Dividing countries not formally signed up yet among the board members for follow up
We have an issue of confirming whether participants are delegates. So, we will have everyone register with Zoom and through the Zoom registration we will figure out if they are delegates or not. We have to still figure out what work needs to be done, so instead I ask that everyone goes to the FB and Twitter messages and forward them yourselves.
Comment from Gregory that he is going to create events for the Pirate beer and the GA.
We are working with parties to get them registered, and delegates. Unfortunately, we will have many last minute registrations on Sat. morning.
Having the GA online only means probably that everyone will go through the same problems of participating in the GA, Gregory feels. So we should also expect that there will still be complaints about the efficiency of the GA.
  • Book keeping/Balancing books
  • Vice Chair (no, Marco cannot handle alone) Gregory? or will you be in Moscow?
I think we will need a vice meeting chair (Ray). I think we will need someone with knowledge of the statutes. I was thinking of Gregory, who can be available for other time. Gregory is looking for someone. Ray can be a backup. Perhaps we can get Thomas or someone like him? Keith will take charge of a minute-taker team. We are looking for a few extra minute takers.
  • Where are the reports?
They lay auditors have work to do.
The board needs a report. The chairs need to decide who writes and makes the report.
The CoA report.
  • Next Meeting: The GA, this weekend. Beer event Friday night. On Zoom.
Meeting ended at 19:48 CET