From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search

January 26 2020 PPI Board Meeting

Convoqués

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Bastian
    • keithgoldstein
    • BaileyL
    • MichalGill
    • Dichter
    • cal
  • Board members :
    • keithgoldstein (1.00)
    • BaileyL (1.00)
    • MichalGill (1.00)
    • Dichter (1.00)
    • cal (1.00)
      • 5/9
  • Alternate board members :
    • Bastian

Absents

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Cristina Diana Bargu
    • Svein MD
    • Cedric
    • ThomasG
    • DanPrazeresBR
    • Linda Tørklep PPNO
  • Board members :
    • Cedric
    • ThomasG
    • DanPrazeresBR
    • Linda Tørklep PPNO
  • Alternate board members :
    • Cristina Diana Bargu
    • Svein MD

Ordre du jour

January 26, 2020

Board Meeting

Convened

   


Absent

Dichter: Linda (Excused)
keithgoldstein: Dan, Cedric, and Thomas. All are excused.
keithgoldstein: Pirates on air and Ohad are visiting.

PROCEEDINGS

Chair and secretary



Quorum



Approval of the Minutes

Pas de description


Jan. 4 2020


Motion
Do we approve the following minutes?
Jan. 4 2020 minutes
15yes.png Yes : cal (1), BaileyL (1), MichalGill (1), keithgoldstein (1)
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Dichter (1)
Result: Motion passed


keithgoldstein: We need to close the minutes to make the votes show.gregory is trying. It currebtly shows reject since the votes were not closed. This can be fixed.
keithgoldstein: Gregory would like to postpone this vote.
keithgoldstein: Mike seconds. So we will voteagain next meeting.
Conclusion
Motion (gregory, seconded by Mike) postpone the vote to the next meeting when the minutes in the wiki will be fixed



Approval of the Agenda


I have ordered the issues as seems fit. Please add agenda items prior to the meeting. 
Please present motions in the etherpad prior to the meetings. It is the same etherpad link everytime, and this is also posted at the bottom of the front page of the wiki.

1) Designating secretaries
2) Communication tool
3) Organization tool
4) Ongoing board meeting dates and times

Ongoing Issues
5) ECOSOC speech at UNHQ
6) Economic report, cashiers update 
7) PPFR proposal revisions
8) Reopenning the GA

AOB
9) New member applications, reviewing inactive and/or non-participating members
10) TT4 announcement
keithgoldstein: Does anyone suggest revisions to the agenda (propose additional motions or other items, strike motions, or reorder)?

Board member reports

  


Board

Pas de description


Bailey:


keithgoldstein: Working on future dates for board meetings and pirate beer. Beer meetings are going well, sp we will have them every 3 weeks. Sent people for groundspasses.
Dichter: Tying up loose ends. Setting up board dates meetings. ECOSOC paperwork done. Attended the SCULL meeting, that was very productive. Still in the process to set up internal finance meeting prior to the SCURVY meeting. Also yet to write to court of arbitration.

Gregory:

Dichter: Since the last report, I spend more time on evaluating a group chat solution for the PPI Board, and we are installing now in parallel rocket and zulip for final comparison. I have visited the EP and met with Mikulas and Patrick on Monday. Have found more speakers and participants for the municipal conference in Prague. We had the SCULL meeting on monday focused on IT best practices, there have been some discussion about creating a "toolkit" for new parties - a work group have initiated of this and will meet February 03rd. Together with Bailey we have been working on dates for the other Standing Committees. We came up with following dates: next SCULL committee will be March 15th focused on Graphics and Design - we ask some parties (DE, CZ, …) to prepare a keynote about their graphics process and will send out the invite as soon as we get confirmations on this. The SCURVY (Standing Committee on Usual Requisitions of Various Yields, a.k.a the finance committee) will be February 09th 19:00 CET - we asked DE, CZ and IT for keynotes. The first meeting of the SCENE (Standing Committee on External Network Engagement, a.k.a. Press, Campaigning and Social Media) will be April 20th 2020 20:20 CET. I am working on the Logos for those Committees. I had scheduled a date with David on TT4 for this Friday, but it had to be moved.

I also participated in the federal board meeting of PPRU and have presented PPI state of affairs.


Keith:

Currently in Italy. Will be back in Israel in a couple weeks for our big election. Busy as usual...


Daniel:

Conclusion
absent



Linda:

  

Conclusion
absent



Mike:


MichalGill: - Gave a report/presentation on PPI activities at the PPCZ's GA.

- Got invited to the PPNO's GA (April) to pass on some good practices that worked for the PPCZ.

- Got interviewed by the Israeli journalist that's preparing to make the documentary on the Pirate movement. Will get him in touch with Swedes and Icelanders; shall invite him to Pirate Beer.

- Made the Pirate Beer.

- Working on Linda's questionnaire to our members.

- Yesterday and today promised to Vladimir Saveliev I'll look into the situation of Taiwanese Pirates (who are very much in the situation the Russians are in - unable to establish themselves as a party for "promoting naval piracy"). Prague mayor has good connections with Taiwanese president and Taipei's mayor, so I'll try to use that.

Cédric:



Giuseppe:

Dichter: nothing to report

Thomas:

Conclusion
excused from the meeting



Alternates

Sebastian:

Conclusion
daily care for the IT and Website. Work for the Pirate Security Conference.



Carlos:

Conclusion
absent



Svein:

Conclusion
absent



Diana:

Conclusion
absent



Designating vice-secretaries

Issue: Dividing secretary tasks among board members and non-board members
Submitted by:  Keith
We have several tasks such as social media, newsletter, etc. that need to be divided among us. I think we should formally declare people to be responsible for specific tasks. Can we collect volunteers in this meeting?
This is not a motion, unless anyone thinks we need to vote on this.

I would like to fill some of these secretary tasks at this meeting, because so far only Thomas, Carlos Polo,  and Pat Maechler have written to me to volunteer (apologies if I forgot someone, please remind us.)

Conclusion
Keith: Each of the board meeting should take on one or more responsibilities
  • for new member applications
  • for keeping membership list and pp-leaders actual
  • each committee should have one responsible person from the board
  • social media



Communication tool

Issue: Communication tool
Submitted by:  Keith with input from Scull meeting (Gregory) and all
Justification: We need a common tool that we will use going forward for board communication outside of meetings.
Motion
Which communication tool do we want to use outside of board meetings?
1) Continue using Wire

2) Discord 3) Other tool (please specify prior to the vote) 4) Any of the above

15yes.png Yes : {{{Yes}}}
15no.png No : {{{No}}}
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : {{{Abstain}}}
Result: Motion rejeted


keithgoldstein: We will delay the vote

PPFR proposal statute amendments

https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ppi-bill-revision-le1g80zb

Reopenning the GA

This is dependent on the resolution of the PPFR statute amendments, so this may not be relevant for this meeting.


CSOCD ECOSOC SPEECH

Submitted by: Keith
We need to request to speak in feb, at the UN right away. We have till Jan. 27. TOMORROW.
<a href="https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/csocd58-ngos-oral" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; cursor: pointer !important;">https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/csocd58-ngos-oral</a>
This is not a motion, unless anyone thinks we need to vote on this.

From last meeting:
The following is the link for the UN CSOCD registration in NY. The deadline is Jan. 20. The event is Feb. 10-19. Again, I will try to get us the stage to make a statement, but we have to register our president, secretary, the speakers, and whatnot. So, I will have this issue as high on our agenda Jan. 4.   I warn that Jan. 6 is the deadline for side events, but I just don't see the feasibility of us organizing one this year. The urgent question is who will make the speech. @bailey, this would be a good opportunity if you can make it to NY. I'l be in Italy then. 

<a href="https://indico.un.org/event/32547/registration/" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; cursor: pointer !important;">https://indico.un.org/event/32547/registration/</a>   


Organization tool

Issue: Organization tool
Submitted by:  Keith with input from Scull meeting (Gregory) and all
Justification: We need a common tool that we will use going forward for board organization
Motion: Which organization tool do we want to use?

1) Continue using Redmine (needs to be updated for the past year)
2) Go back to Loomio
3) Use Discourse
4) Other tool (please specify in advance)
5) Any of the above
Dichter: for 4 - Trello, or a self-hosted Kanban.
Dichter: if we to use again the redmine, we should organize a seminar on how to use it

Set board meeting dates and times

Issue: Ongoing board meeting dates and times.
Submitted by: Linda, Gregory, and Keith
Justification: We need a clear schedule going forward.





Motion
Going forward, it seems Wed. evenings are favored based on the daily poll, so it seems to me maybe that it makes sense that we rotate Wednesdays and another day.
Do we want to set Wednesday as our normal board meeting date?
15yes.png Yes : {{{Yes}}}
15no.png No : {{{No}}}
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Motion passed


keithgoldstein: We said every 3 weeks.
Dichter: Poll indicates Wednesday https://poll.digitalcourage.de/lS7d2fmJVc5B1sSF
keithgoldstein: Meetings will be on Wednesdays. At 19:00 every three weeks

nex tone will be Feb 19th (and then every three weeks)



Conclusion
Next meeting will be feb. 19 at 1900.



Economic reports



Budget and cashflow budget 2019



Treasurer, Cashier Updates

This item is on the agenda to confirm that all paperwork has been sent and received.

Conclusion
The bank has received the paperwork, but are asking now for notarized authentication of the personal details of Bailey and Gregory



Any other business

orientation and registering new members with tools
Submitted by: keith
Justification: we have a lot of new members without access to our tools
Motion: let's register everyone, no vote needed.  Potential votes needed if we choose tools (will probably be voted on next meeting with everyone present).

We had a more in depth orientation meeting, Giuseppe, Diana, and Keith as a review of the last meeting.

Issue: TT4 announcement, TT5 discussions

keithgoldstein: Please contact Keith if you have a y questions about logging in,

Registering 2020 ECOSOC representatives

We have 3 passes for Ny, 3 for Vienna, and 1 for Geneva left. If anyone else needs a permanent pass, especially someone living in those locations, they should let us know.


New member applications Reviewing inactive and/or non-participating members

We have a number of parties that have expressed interest in joining PPI and need some motivation. We have a number of parties that appear to have problems with some of these parties joining, and we need to delicately handle the inclusion of these new parties. We could use a secretary for new member applications and a secretary for ongoing membership solvency. I do not think we need to force less active parties out. We should extend assistance even if there is just one member of a party remaining. However, if the member party displays excessive caustic attitudes against another party that is legitimately pursuing a pirate agenda and wishes to join PPI, then we will need to refer to the CoA. 

keithgoldstein: We have application from Chile.
Dichter: we had contact of interest from a group of Ukrainians activists

Standing Committees

(I leave this on here in case there are additional standing committees that need to be planned.) Gregory wrote last meeting. "Send our invitation for a standing committee meeting on inter-party support and cooperation, because I’d like it to happen in late January
Submitted by: Gregory
Justification: we probably do not need to vote on this anyway. I just like to collect some input"
Dichter: next SCULL committee will be March 15th focused on Graphics and Design - we ask some parties (DE, CZ, …) to prepare a keynote about their graphics process and will send out the invite as soon as we get confirmations on this.

The SCURVY (Standing Committee on Usual Requisitions of Various Yields, a.k.a the finance committee) will be February 09th 19:00 CET - we asked DE, CZ and IT for keynotes.

The first meeting of the SCENE (Standing Committee on External Network Engagement, a.k.a. Press, Campaigning and Social Media) will be April 20th 2020 20:20 CET.

The next SCUBA (Standing Committee on UN Bureaucratic and other Activities) will be in March 2020 - with topics of preparing submissions to the next IGF meeting (that will be in Katowice, PL) and possible participation in WTO Ministerial Conference in Nur-Sultan. KZ in June.


Dichter: Board members are invited to step forward and take responsibility of one of the committees

Upcoming Meeting


Conclusion
Next Meeting Feb 19th 19:00 CET (and then every third week after that)



Ayant participé à un vote

  • 52 - cal
  • 5 - BaileyL
  • 9 - MichalGill
  • 4 - keithgoldstein
  • 17 - Dichter