From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search

Feb 19 2020 BOD

Convening Members

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Bastian
    • Cedric
    • keithgoldstein
    • BaileyL
    • MichalGill
    • Dichter
    • cal
    • Linda Tørklep PPNO, present but manually added.
  • Board members :
    • Cedric (1.00)
    • keithgoldstein (1.00)
    • BaileyL (1.00)
    • MichalGill (1.00)
    • Dichter (1.00)
    • cal (1.00)
    • Linda Tørklep PPNO, present but votes manually added.
      • 8/9, manually fixed to actual count
  • Alternate board members :
    • Bastian (1.00)
      • 1/3

Absents

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Cristina Diana Bargu
    • Svein MD
    • ThomasG
    • DanPrazeresBR
  • Board members :
    • ThomasG
    • DanPrazeresBR
  • Alternate board members :
    • Cristina Diana Bargu
    • Svein MD

Agenda

February 19, 2020

Board Meeting

Gregory introduced us to a new way of creating video links in Discord.

Convened

   We convened at 19:12 CET.

Linda is recording on Zoom, and we have Pirates on Air.
Bastian is present. Lydia is a guest.

Absent

Thomas G. is excused, has a scheduling conflict. Dan, Cedric are absent as well. Cedric showed up late for his board report.

Carlos, Svein, and Diana are absent from the alternates.

PROCEEDINGS

Chair and secretary

Bailey was chair. Keith was secretary.

Quorum

Quorum was met with 8 board members present.

Recording

https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/b8iAFAQYgnQX88Q

Approval of the Minutes

Jan. 26 2020

Do we approve the minutes for Jan. 26?

https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2019_01_26

Yes (0%): MichalGill -1, keithgoldstein-1, BaileyL-1, Dichter-1
No (0%):
Abstain (0%):Bastian 1

keithgoldstein: In the future we will send the minutes of the meeting to pp-leaders and the board in an email. Keith will do so along with the announcement of future meetings. For reference, all minutes are entered here immediately after each meeting:

https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Board_Meetings

Cal votes yes.
Linda Abstains, as she was not there last time

Minutes are passed with 5 voting yes.

Do we approve the older minutes from Jan. 4?

https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2019_01_04
Yes (0%): keithgoldstein-1, BaileyL-1, Dichter-1
No (0%):
Abstain (0%):MichalGill-1, Bastian-1

MichalGill: Haven't really checked these minutes, so I'll opt for abstention this time.
keithgoldstein: There was an issue with the voting totals from Congressus on Jan. 4. We learned that we need to close the vote before closing the minutes. The voting totals were manually added to the minutes to fix this.

Approval of the Agenda

ADDED FROM https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/board-meeting-agenda-items-okn90rk
  • Issue: Vice Secretary List
    • Submitted by: Keith
    • Justification: We need to clarify who is in charge of what. I haphardly assigned tasks to people without their confirmation. We need to ask them to accept the role assigned (see link below), propose a different role that better suits their interests and skills, or discuss what to do in lieu.
    • Motion: Clarify whether each member accepts specifc responsibilities related to each vice secretary position. Feel free to nominate people from outside the board. My position is that we should vote on anyone from outside the board, but we do not have this limitation in our statutes. I don't think there is any need to approve a board member who volunteers for a vice secretary position. The GA has already deemed that person worthy of the role. There should only be a vote in the case that we might have competition between two people (not necessarily board members) over a specific role.
    • Additional info: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board#Appointed_officers_without_voting_rights
  • Issue: Redmine Updating Decisions and Tasks
    • Submitted by: Keith
    • Justification: We have not had a decision updated on Redmine since 2018. We require a vice secretary who will be responsible for reviewing the meeting minutes and extracting the decisions and their progress. We will greatly appreciate and adorn with praise whoever takes on this position. Think confetti!
    • Motion: Nominate the poor soul who takes it upon himself to accept this task.
    • Additional info: Our Redmine is actually looking great, it just needs about 2 years worth of updates. https://redmine.pp-international.net/projects
  • Issue: GA plan 2020
    • Submitted by: Bailey

AOB

  • Issue: TT4
    • Submitted by: Keith
    • Justification: The announcements for the event need to be sent.
    • Additional info: http://think-twice.co/

https://pp-international.net/2020/02/tt4/

Please everyone boost this message: The next Think Twice Conference (TT4) will take place April 24-26 in Prague. 
The topic is near future technologies. 
The call for submissions is open now: https://pp-international.net/2020/02/tt4/  
Thank you for considering participation in this event.
  • New issue submitted by Linda Tørklep PPNO
    • our Wiki needs a serious content update. We need a new org chart, what are task forces? Add standing committees, and an overview of all the platforms and tools

Board member reports

 

Board

Bailey:

Working groups report... Plan on what we can offer for tools, giving pirate community the IT support that they might need... Fixed up the Twitter situation... We had 2 Twitter accounts for a while. We are not united into 1 account with the other account serving as a backup. Everyone here is now a contributor through Tweet deck. So you can log in Tweet DMs. If you would rather not use Tweet deck, Bailey can share log in information. She encourages everyone to Tweet from our account. Tweet minutes, all sorts of stuff, take advantage of the big social network that we have. She emailed the CoA about the Wiki harassment issue. 


Gregory:

Been involved in numerous meetings. Went to the Munich Security Conference, (and Pirate) had a conversation with Nikolas and other people. We discussed what PPEU is doing and joint projects that we can start soon, such as a global sign up group to enroll parties worldwide. If a party does not exist in a country and we will examine whether we can get a significant number of people that we can connect and discuss foundation. There is a lot of fine tuning, legal, data protection, who needs to be formally educated and signed off... What kind of service and database we need on each point. I will write it up and we will reach out. Create event for Pirate Summer, Think Twice. Call for participation I published to scientific databases. It is also now on the website. We have not started advertising. We already have the first submission. Discussed coming GA. Did some clean up on Redmine. Asked Boris from PPDE if he would be available to give a seminar on Redmine.


Keith:

I've been working on a little bit of everything. Nothing much. Back in Israel from Italy.


Daniel:

Linda:

Learning new tasks that PPI is doing for a needs assessment. Working on a review that I will send into Limesurvey. Going to Vienna in March. We will connect with Pirates there and visit the UN. We will also create media from the event. 


Mike:

MichalGill: Setting up a Pirate Radio in Prague (very much a perfect recording studio for us if we ever need one), getting elected on the PPCZ's National Council, a lot of troubleshooting of my local chapter, had some more sporadic contact with Morocco but my contact seems really unhelpful. And one more thing - we started working with Mauricio Vargas on some extracurricular stuff that came up from the second to last Pirate Beer: we set-up a pad in which we're making comparison of Czech and Chilean democracies in multiple sectors, especially those in which they're lacking it (democracy). We can possibly widen it to more countries once it's presentable.

Cédric:

Cedric: Actually running for the mayor election in my town. Time consuming.

And the wednesdays are the days when, in PPFR, we speak about elections until end of March. The Sundays are the days when the Secretariat has its meeting.

Giuseppe:

Difficulty with sound to report, but he is with us.


Thomas:

Alternates

Sebastian:

Involved with the Pirate Security Conference.


Carlos:

Svein:

Diana:

Designating vice-secretaries

  • Justification: We need to clarify who is in charge of what. I haphardly assigned tasks to people without their confirmation. We need to ask them to accept the role assigned (see link below), propose a different role that better suits their interests and skills, or discuss what to do in lieu.
  • Motion: Clarify whether each member accepts specific responsibilities related to each vice secretary position. Feel free to nominate people from outside the board.
keithgoldstein: Bailey will have a conversation with Cedric about his secretary role.
keithgoldstein: Linda nominates Gregory for the IT development.
keithgoldstein: Gregory accepts that nomination.

GA Plan 2020

Last year the Dutch pirates really wanted to host the GA. They were really enthusiastic, and Bailey and Guillaume had a meeting with them. There were problems at the time within PPI, and we had requests from members about a completely online GA. They still want to host a GA. We are discussing the dates, especially as there are several events coming up. May is a realistic time frame. Aiming for the first or second weekend of May.

BaileyL: Our plan right now is to definitely let the Dutch Pirates host the GA. They are still working out the details. We are thinking of having a completely online GA beforehand. Let's give it some thought.


At the moment May 9th (after a regularly scheduled Pirate Beer on May 8th) seems as a good option.

Redmine Updating Decisions and Tasks

  • Justification: We have not had a decision updated on Redmine since 2018. We require a vice secretary who will be responsible for reviewing the meeting minutes and extracting the decisions and their progress. We will greatly appreciate and adorn with praise whoever takes on this position. Think confetti!
  • Motion: Nominate the poor soul who takes it upon himself to accept this task.
  • Additional info: Our Redmine is actually looking great, it just needs about 2 years worth of updates.

https://redmine.pp-international.net/projects

Dichter: I have talked to Boris Sobieski and he offered a Redmine seminar for us.

I also updated the board groups and roles, so everyone should be now able to see the internal board projects and tasks

keithgoldstein: I talked with ThomasG. He will help out as well.
keithgoldstein: We will make a Doodle with Boris. Gregory will contact him.

Wiki Updating

  • New issue submitted by Linda Tørklep PPNO
    • our Wiki needs a serious content update. We need a new org chart, what are task forces? Add standing committees, and an overview of all the platforms and tools
Linda Tørklep PPNO: Can we have a meeting where everyone would get together to make edits to the content? It is a great tool, which we should use wisely and be conscious of the image that we put out there.
BaileyL: We can set up a Doodle to get a group together. It is in the category of tying up loose ends. Does anyone have other suggestions?
Bastian: Anyone can update the wiki. The old wiki was broken with thousands of pages. We copied the necessary content. We used to have thousands of spam users and messages. Now we have none of that. I would appreciate it if we had the same situation afterwards. We have to fix some content, not all of it. The rest has to be there because it is an archive. We have dashboard, which shows all of the tools that we have. We have how to there as well. If you need how to for a tool that is not there then we will need to elaborate on that tool. There are detailed discussions on mail and other learning info, but there are things that we need to fix up and make better. If someone would volunteer we would be very appreciative. The wiki is not easy to maintain because we have some language problems. You have to know the wiki syntax or else you will have problems with the content display. There is already https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=Dashboard explaining all the tools we have
Dichter: I can give a workshop on wiki editing (syntax, etc, or advanced stuff as templates, etc)

Economic reports


keithgoldstein: Bailey was in touch with Dan. He is all in favor of having an internal finances meeting, so we will have that. Gregory and Bailey had to submit another authorization, which is supposed to be the final one. They went in to get a notary, and that is done.

Budget and cashflow budget 2019



Treasurer, Cashier Updates

Any other business


Dichter: Until the wiki export function is fixed, we should refrain from using it, as it cause unnecessary overhead for publishing the minutes. For the next meeting we should get back to etherpad as the tool for taking the votes and the minutes.
Linda Tørklep PPNO: Linda seconded that.
Motion
Until the wiki export function is fixed, we should refrain from using it, as it cause unnecessary overhead for publishing the minutes. For the next meeting we should get back to etherpad as the tool for taking the votes and the minutes.
Upcoming board meetings
15yes.png Yes : {{{Yes}}}
15no.png No : {{{No}}}
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : {{{Abstain}}}
Result: Motion passed


    • Yes Votes are Bastian-1, Dichter-1, MichalGill-1, BaileyL-1, cal-1
    • Abstain votes are keithgoldstein-1
    • Linda votes yes for using Etherpad
Motion is passed with 6 yes and 1 abstain.
BaileyL: We are not ditching Congressus. We are just hoping that if we fix some issues on Congressus, so it is presentable on our wiki without manual fixes.

TT4

  • Issue: TT4
    • Submitted by: Keith
    • Justification: The announcements for the event need to be sent.
    • Additional info on http://think-twice.co/

https://pp-international.net/2020/02/tt4/


The next Think Twice Conference (TT4) will take place April 24-26 in Prague. 
The topic is near future technologies. 
The call for submissions is open now: https://pp-international.net/2020/02/tt4/   
Thank you for considering participation in this event.

::Copy this message and boost it on social media.

keithgoldstein: Bailey will Tweet.

Mike will do the FB.

Keith will email it to pp-leaders and each party.

Linda will add it to the PPNO webpage.

Let's also make sure to share on Telegram in Global Pirates and Discord, and everywhere else.


Dichter: Gregory will set up the registration for participants this week.

Upcoming Meeting

Our next meeting is March 11th at 19:00 CET.