From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 25.8.2021 14:00 UTC/16:00 CEST ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/zKsbc4CiBdjCqNP
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Mike, Bailey, Bastian, Keith, Gregory, Manuel
excused:
unexcused:
Quorum: yes

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests:
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 14:02 UTC by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with 5 (out of 9) board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 14:00 UTC, 16:00 CEST
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process: none

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2021-08-04
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Bailey, Keith, Gregory
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: Minutes approved


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)

Board

  • Bailey: Attended SCENE and DAO meetings. Wating for paperwork from the Bank to arrive in the mail.
  • Gregory: Busy with election campaign. Attended the SCENE and DAO as well. Also, I have spoke at the Pirate Security Conference on Digital Souvereignity in Russia.
  • Dario: not present
  • Bastian:
All the financial information I have is on the PPI wiki. But I need access to the bank account and the Kraken (Bitcoin, Ethereum) asap. #Groundhog - We did the paperwork for the Euro account during PS camp. The paperwork is in the mail to Bailey.
I took care of the PPI tech as I do every day.

All systems are running fine, necessary updates are done ;-)

I made the direction of the Pirate Security Conference, which took place on 14-15.08.2021 online.
Very good speakers and presentations (also from Keith on Crypto Currencies).
Was a lot of fun all videos are edited and uploaded.
Link to programme and videos: https://pirate-secon.net/en/program-2021/
  • Manuel: Participated in the Turkish Pirates meeting, still working on the PPs CoAs RoPs report for the Chilean PP, as requested
  • Mike: Not much; still trying to get the information from board members; missing info from 3/9 people and IDs from 6/9. Please, send it asap. Thanks. Attended the SCENE and DAO meetings. Caught a little bit of the PSC. Otherwise mainly campaigning for the Czech election (just got 8k newspapers) and next week going to Norway to look at their campaigning and do as much touristy stuff as possible while I'll be there (yay, finally gonna see Linda and Svein in real life!).

Important campaign tool - brand new English video about Pirates (mostly Czech ones) from my favourite politics-oriented YT channel for everyone to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uU8mr4j-q0; 60k people have seen it within the first 24 hours. Got some help from a few few Czechs with replying to comments. Any help in this aspect is welcome.

  • Dan: not present
  • Keith: I spoke at the Pirate Security Conference about PPI and Crypto Usage. DAO meeting and DAO stuff has been my main focus of attention. I was at the SCENE meeting as well.

This is the link to my presentation at the PSC: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/jrrGxwwWZPeXMBo

  • Carlos: not present

Alternates:

  • Svein: not present
  • Ji Yong: not present
  • Thomas: not present

5.1 - Proposals

1) UIA October Conference in Tokyo and Prague The Union of International Associations (UIA) cordially invites Pirate Parties International to participate in its 9th Associations Round Table Asia-Pacific in Tokyo (Congres Square Nihonbashi) Thursday 21 & Friday 22 October 2021


14th Associations Round Table Europe in Prague (Prague Congress Centre) Thursday 18 & Friday 19 November 2021 Asia Pacific: https://uia.org/roundtable/2021/asiapacific/ Europe: https://uia.org/roundtable/2021/europe/


the registration fee for the hybrid Round Table Asia-Pacific is JPY 8,000 / c. 73.00 US dollars the registration fee for the hybrid Round Table Europe is EUR 60.00 plus 21% VAT

Gregory: It's a meeting of international NGOs non-related to ECOSOC. It's a reasonable content promoting collaboration between groups.
Keith: There's a fee to get in (about 70 EUR each) so the question is whether it's.
Mike: I can quite easily go (though taking two vacation days) but it's still 70 EUR, so what Keith said.
Gregory: It's two different conferences - with different attendees. It might be similar to WTO conference in Bali. It was an excellent networking opportunity. But it's good if we knew what partners we want to find. I think it's a good thing but we might take a bit longer to decide, so we know what we want to get out of it.
Bailey: Exactly. Maybe we can think about it and don't have to decide today.


2) I just donated via paypal...


10,00 EUR ...and like to become a listed supporting individual member of the PPI.

Andreas Halle

Bastian: Donation received


3) DAO Live wallet, August 24 meeting summary

Keith: I wrote the summary into Wire. We're moving ahead; membership fees could be paid over it with virtually no fees. We've got to set-up a working group for this. It's going to be individual fees as well as ordinary member parties. We will give and take away the governance votes as needed. I'd like to give enough advance notice for this meeting.
Bailey: September 15th, 17:00 CEST (after one hour of the board meeting)


4) Pirate Security Conference - supporter of the conference.

Keith: PPI wasn't listed as the supporter of the conference this year for the first time. It's important that we are a sponsor.
Bailey: I didn't know that and why that is.
Bastian: It might be because it was online and there weren't many expenses needed. I will take this to the organisers (Alex). I will talk to them.


5) Individual donations advertisement

Keith: We've discussed that we might use the Google ad grant to use it for individual donation advertisement.
Gregory: We would have to apply again.
Keith: My recommednation would be to use the Kraken account. Short introduction and link for donations. That's it.
Bastian: We only have PayPal or bank account at the moment. If the Kraken is working, we should do that on our website too.
Keith: I can provide us with the cold wallet. I would give parts of the key to multiple people, so it's secure. I think we should go ahead and do that. Let's re-apply for the Google grant and move it along.
Bastian: We would have to know where the wallet is.
Bailey: Sounds good to me.
Manule: To me too.

5.2 - Working Groups Update

SCENE on Campaigning during COVID on 21.8.2021 took place
Bailey: We didn't have a huge turnout but we got to here from the Prague campaign manager. It was cool.
  • DAO Working Group is scheduled for Sept. 15 immediately after the board meeting (15:00 UTC).


5.3 Economic Update

Bastian: After last meeting we transferred 500 EUR. The package with the paperwork for the EUR account is still on its way to Canada.
Bailey: Sometimes it takes long.

5.4 ECOSOC/UN

Gregory: There is CC Global Summit 2021 https://www.classy.org/event/cc-global-summit-2021/e347520 September 20-24th - online.
Bailey: I will consider attending this.

5.5 PPI HQ update

Mike: As said before - waiting for you guys to send me information and ID scans. Manuel just sent me his. Thanks.

6 AOB - Any other business

Bastian: I would like to get the summary of the Czech campaign.
Mike: I'll get it to you, but only after the election. Even I don't have it yet. But Laureen promised to supply it to us.
===================================================
  • Next Meeting: 15.09.2021, 14:00 UTC/16:00 CEST, immediately followed by a DAO meeting from 15:00 CEST
  • Meeting Closed: 15:10 UTC