From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 21.06.2022 09:00 UTC/11:00 CEST ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming
Recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/XLHqRWexG3bXirS
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Mike, Keith, Mauricio, Gregory, Alexander (had to leave at 09:30)
excused: Bailey, Dario
unexcused: Carlos, Manuel
Quorum:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members:
participating: Bastian, Veronika
excused:
unexcused: Ji Yong, Adam
Guests:
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 09:10 UTC by
Meeting chaired by Gregory
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with (7 out of 9) board members present (incl. alternates and proxies)
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 09:09 UTC
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process:

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2022-05-31
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Greogry, Keith, Alexander, Bastian, Veronika, Mauricio
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: minutes approved


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members

Board

  • Bailey Lamon: Sorry I'm not there today as I will still be at work during the meeting time. As you all know we have the GA in a little under 2 weeks, on July 2nd. There isn't much on Discourse at the moment, just Mike's proposed statute change as well as a thread for proposed topics and for membership applications. As far as I know, there are no new membership applications for this GA despite known interest from a few different countries. Here is a proposed agenda for the GA, feel free to amend: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/PPI_GA_July_2022_Proposed_Agenda I also started one for the board report but have not started writing it yet: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/PPI_GA_July_2022_board_report
  • Gregory Engels: A couple of things: I was at the German GA last week, we have a new Chair who is very interested international contacts. I went to the Pirate Security Conference in Prague, a big thank to Bastian, Mike, and the whole team for organizing it - we met Mikulas and had a video Greeting from Zdenek. We could win somebody for the social media support and promotion of ThinkTwice Conference later in August. I have submitted the proposal for my master thesis - on how a DAO can be used to foster participative engagement in international Association. Yesterday I attended the last DAO consultancy meeting with the bankless consulting group.
  • Mike Gill: Hi. I kept the Discourse alive but there's little interest so far. I'll send out another e-mail to the members to participate and specifically ask for their delegates, so we reach the quorum. Since last time I had a few meetings with the Hong Kong expats trying to establish something, which, if successful, might become sort of an exile parliament or even government of HK in Europe. We shall see how that goes. I'm spreading that the PPI and PPEU exist among this community and I'm always letting them know of our support. I wrote about that. I was the the AHCECICCUICTCP consultation in Vienna and got to speak a few times, mostly reiterrating our hope that no fundamental rights get violated in order to fight cybercrime. Wrote about that too, in English for our web and in Czech for the Czech Pirate Times. I have a meeting scheduled with the TT4 venue people on the technical side of things, just to make sure in advance everything's ready and what's not ready has to be secured.
  • Carlos Polo: Not present but did participate in the WTO meeting in Switzerland.
  • Keith Goldstein: We had another DEPA workshop last night. I set up the vote on the Ukraine Fundraiser transfer and added it to Redmine. It looks like we might have elections in Israel soon. We have no further participation in our PPI Volunteers or the Think Twice sign ups on Limesurvey. I add the links for them below again.
  • Alexander Isavnin: Participated in Pirate Security Conference with report on situation in Russia with repressive digital regulations. Reporting on international Pirates activities back to PPRU. In preparation to run at municpal elections in Moscow. Watching for e-vote development in Russia.
  • Manuel Caicedo: not present
  • Dario Castane: not present
  • Mauricio Vargas: Nothing to report. Sorry.


Alternates:

  • Ji Yong Dijkhuis: not present
  • Veronika Murzynová: nothing to report (just participated on PP-CZ smaller conference and managed to get more literature for my Bc. thesis on EU Space Programme)
  • Adam Wolf: not present
  • Sebastian Krone:
  • All financial information I have is on the PPI wiki (no changes until 25.05.2022 - PayPal account balance is as of today, 21.06.2022). No new account statements...
I have no information if the Aid Ukraine Donations were also transferred to SocEntLab. I transferred the PayPal amount on 14.06.2022 as decided by the board.
  • The website for the upcoming Think Twice conference in 2022 is still without concrete content. What's going on there?
You can find all ThinkTwice pages at:
https://pp-international.net/events/think-twice-conferences/
  • For our live conferences, we have a new Big Blue Button video server with capacity for up to 250 viewers. For larger events, we can book more capacity. We tested it at PSC2022.
  • I was part of the organizing committee for the Pirate Security Conference in Prague June 18-19, 2022.
I filled in for the non-existent technical team and did, among other things, the technique , streaming and recording in very difficult conditions.
It was very exhausting and time consuming. It bothered me a bit that PPI hardly provided any support (web and Twitter). I would like to point out that PPI is a sponsor of the event.
The speakers and their presentations were all very good. It was a worthwhile event.
  • I checked out PPI's technique, as I do every day.
On Tuesday 14.06.2022 09:00 our servers had a hardware failure and we were able to change the power supply. The downtime was about 2 hours.
The servers have been running 24/7 since December 2017 and we are looking forward to replacing them. The downtime statistics have worsened by 0.001% :-D
All patches are up to date.
All systems are running smoothly.
  • Note: All invoices for the servers we put up are still outstanding. The invoice for 2017 has expired. But my request to pay at least the 2018 invoice has not been fulfilled yet.

5.1 - Proposals

none

5.2 - Working Groups Update

none

5.3 Economic Update

  • Pirates for Ukraine Motion
The following motion was presented to the Board for extraordinary urgent voting by email and Wire. The affirmative results and details are confirmed below. The decision needs to be updated with the relevant receipts of transactions on Paypal and/or bank transfer.
Motion: Transfer all donations (bank and PayPal) directly to the accounts that Svein provided to the board in his last email. Consider the prior vote to give the donations to a smaller organization as indicative of this donation.
Yes: Dario, Keith, Mike, Bailey, Mauricio
Abstain: Alexander
No:
Instructions from Svein on transfering the donation: "PayPal account, the bank account with IBAN NO66 7310 0501 853...This platform https://www.spleis.no/project/216629... These donations are cleared by one of Norways leading banks, and are in no way in breach of any regulations."
The decision has been documented on Redmine and should be updated with confirmation of the transaction.

https://redmine.pp-international.net/issues/410

  • Bastian updated that the Paypal transfer was made. Do we have an updated on the bank transfer and receipts to add to Redmine?
Gregory will make the transaction later today.
  • Gregory will update the server invoice transactions as well that Bastian brought up.
  • Bastian will update the PayPal part of the ticket

5.4 ECOSOC/UN

Alexander: Booth call for IGF is active, should we submit a Booth like for last year? Do someboy goes to Addis-Ababa?
Mike: It would take a lot of money and vacation time I don't have. So it's a no for me.
Gregory: As we have no local volunteers there I don't thin it's woorthwile to do this year.

5.5 PPI HQ update

no update


6 AOB - Any other business

  • ThinkTwice Update
TT4 Sign up form for session submitting

https://lime.ppi.rocks/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=326194&lang=en

Gregory: we need more sessions. we had a list of possible speakers that we should activate.
Mike: The venue is booked, including their basic technical staff. I'll be meeting with them now to make sure we have everyone and everything we need.
Veronika: Maybe we should form a committee to organise ourselves a bit better. I have a list of people we might ask to speak there.
Keith: We need to make clear with everyone whether they're be a speaker or a panelist and whether they'll be present or online.
Bastian: We should form a committee and do it better than with the PiSeCon; 4 weeks before the meeting we should have everything set in stone. We certainly need more staff there.
Mike: We should have technicians from the venue there to be taking care of the basics but I need to meet with them to make sure what and who we need for the stuff like the hybrid presenting.
Ahoy, do you want to speak at the Think Twice Conference on Aug. 6/7? Speak online or in Prague. The sign up is ongoing:

https://lime.ppi.rocks/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=326194

Please forward this message on our social media and elsewhere.
  • GA Update
Gregory: GA in two weeks and we have everything ready for that. If anyone can think about anything more we can add to the agenda, so it's not just Mike's proposal and new members.
https://ga.pp-international.net/c/july-2022-general-assembly/28
  • PPI Volunteers Update
We have about 2 outside volunteers that signed up. Do we have a task to give them to get us started?
This is the link again. Please share it on our social media and elsewhere.
https://lime.ppi.rocks/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=341246&lang=en
Keith: We need stuff for them to do. Maybe I can ask them to volunteer at the GA and TT4. I will send them a message about it.
===================================================
  • Next Meeting: PPI Summer GA 02.07.2022
  • Next Board Meeting: 12.07.2022 14:00 UTC/16:00 CEST
  • Meeting Closed: 09:59 UTC