From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 02.08.2022 20:00 UTC/22:00 CEST ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming
Recording: https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/YowHEdf6w2tK5Ny
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gregory, Mauricio, Mike, Bailey
excused: Alexander, Keith
unexcused:
Quorum:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members:
participating: Bastian
excused:
unexcused: Veronika, Adam, Ji Yong
Guests:
participating: Numero6

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 20:05 UTC by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with (5 out of 9) board members present (incl. alternates and proxies)
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 20:05
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process:

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2022-07-12
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Bailey,Gregory, Mauricio
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Bastian
Result: Minutes approved


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members

Board

  • Bailey Lamon: I attended the finances/admin meeting as well as Pirate Beer. Also had a call with Gregory this morning to go through the bank account stuff and I understand it a lot more now. Might need to request a new pin however because for some reason I don't have that. I'll look around, but worst case scenerio I just get a new one. But now I know how to access the account at least.
  • Gregory Engels: I attended the finance meeting. Had a meeting with Bailey about bank access. I tried to get more people together for the Pirate Summer camp but today i had communicated that we had to cancel it, because of the low attendance. We need to take into account that more people could cancel due to covid, and with too few participants it does not make much sense in organizing workshops and meaningful agenda... I have upgraded our Google Workspace to the new license.
  • Mike Gill: Attended the TT4 meeting and was generally putting together the TT4. At this moment, most is done and I'm focusing on the small things now like having everything in place for the conference to run smoothly. The website is current now, FB event is up and being spread around on the Czech end via PPCZ and NGO DEI (the local Hong Kong expat NGO helping with the organisation), invite will go out tomorrow to PP Leaders and on our website and social networks, so people watch remotly. I dare to say we have quite a few brilliant speakers who nicely narrowed the topic of the conference to "human rights", ranging from social issues to political rights. It's gonna be good. Also organised two meetings for the revamping the statutes. I should have it finished by the end of August (TT4 and my vacation are delaying me).
  • Carlos Polo: not present
  • Keith Goldstein: /Taken from the Board meeting agenda file/: We have Israel elections approaching, so I have been busy with local administrative duties. On the international front, I helped out here and there with Think Twice, wiki, finances, and various tasks.
  • Alexander Isavnin: not present
  • Manuel Caicedo: not present
  • Dario Castane: not present
  • Mauricio Vargas: I attended a bylaw change meeting where I was with Mike reviewing the spreadsheet. In Chile we are campaigning to approve the new constitution in a plebiscite to be held in September; I have participated there, including the production of a program where we review the text, so I have not had time for other activities.

Alternates:

  • Ji Yong Dijkhuis: not present
  • Veronika Murzynová: not present
  • Adam Wolf: not present
  • Sebastian Krone:
I attended the finance meeting
I attended the ThinkTwice organizational meeting
All ThinkTwice pages can be found at:
https://pp-international.net/events/think-twice-conferences/
Most of the presentations for the 2022 Pirate Security Conference are online (two will be updated soon).
The old website is being relaunched as a campaign site.
https://events.pirate-secon.net
I took a look at PPI tech, as I do every day.
All patches are up to date.
All systems are running smoothly.
We had a brief glitch with another cloud, due to overload. May I remind all users to empty their recycle bins.

5.1 - Proposals

Bailey: We have no proposals.

5.2 - Working Groups Update

Mike: We had two meetings, cut through the old statutes, dropped a lot of things, added and changed something. Now I'll re-type it into a coherent document by the end of August, after TT4 and my vacation.

5.3 Economic Update

Bailey: We don't have a treasurer update by Manuel, as he's not present. Bastian, do you have anything?
Bastian: We need to solve the penalties from Belgium. We'll have severe problems if we don't react promptly. It makes no sense to wait and see. We need to act and not just react. We have the fine on the table and have to deal with it.
Bailey: I don't fully understand how that works. Gregory, you spoke to the Belgian authorities.
Gregory: They never got back to me.

5.4 ECOSOC/UN

Mike: Yesterday the window to apply for attending the Ad Hoc Committee meeting. I'll fix the letter and send it to you all. Whoever wants to attend has to apply through their own Indico account, but you'll need that letter.

5.5 PPI HQ update

Bailey: Still no passport.

6 AOB - Any other business

Bastian: We need to establish basic contacts, such as functioning address and phone number, so we're easily reachable if needed. We can either use the address of our office informally or we can do it formally via a vote, so we can receive post.
Mike: We can solve this right away, to just add the office address to the website as an address for accepting mail.
Bailey: We shall vote then.
Mauricio: What exactly does it mean?
Mike: None of our two (Swiss and Belgian) addresses actually accept mail; nobody's picking up mail there. So as a temporary solution it's definitely useful.
Motion
Use Bastian's office as our official mailing address
Shall we use Bastian's office as our official mailing address?
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Bailey, Gregory, Mauricio
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Bastian
Result: Motion passes


Bailey: Thanks to Bastian for the offer. It's a nice quick fix for this problem. Does anyone have anything else?
===================================================
  • Next Board Meeting: 23.08.2022 09:00 UTC/11:00 CEST
  • Meeting Closed: 20:44 UTC