From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 3.1.2023 10:00 UTC/11:00 CET ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Mike, Bailey, Alexander, Gregory, Manuel,
excused: Keith,
unexcused:
Quorum:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Bastian, Veronika,
excused:
unexcused:
Guests:
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 10:04 UTC by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with X (out of 9) board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 10:04 UTC
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process: none

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2022-12-06
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Bastian, Bailey, Manuel, Alexander, Veronika
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Gregory
Result:


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)

Board

  • Bailey Lamon
  • Gregory Engels
nothing to report, completely busy with my master thesis.
  • Mike Gill: not much to report; sadly didn't have time to finish the new statutes proposal before the end of the year; also my participation at the GA will be fun - I was a bit forced to sit on an election commission (we have presidential election that weekend), so I'll have to juggle both somehow, but I definitely won't be able to be at the Pirate Centre in person before 15:00.
  • Carlos Polo
not attending
  • Keith L. Goldstein
excused
  • Alexander Isavnin: nothing really new, New Year greeting from PPRU
  • Manuel Caicedo: I wasn't able to continue with the financial work during the holiday season; the crypto transfer will be underway as soon as the pending FMC greenlight can be assured. The member fees are soon to be sent out, I'm trying to compile standing member accounts that haven changed for a while. The budget proposal for the GA is underway, based on the previous year's budget and other noted movements stated during board meetings.


  • Dario Castane
not attending
  • Mauricio Vargas

Alternates:

  • Ji Yong Dijkhuis
  • Veronika Murzynová: nothing to report
  • Adam Wolf
  • Sebastian Krone
I monitored the PPI tech, as I do every day.
We are still fighting spam on the PPI wiki. But quite successfully.
We had a problem with the rejection of emails from services like G-Mail. Hopefully this is fixed. I have not received any other complaints.
All patches are up-to-date. All systems are running smoothly.
Unfortunately, since no new financial data was sent, I could not add anything to the PPI wiki. The status is on the 24th of October. I find this very annoying, as we actually wanted to get better.
Internationally, I work the campaign "Rescue without Borders" - We want to buy a ship to support sea rescue in the Mediterranean. The sponsor is the association "Pirates without Borders". At the moment, money is being collected for the investment in the purchase and donations for the ongoing operation.
https://pirates-without-borders.ch/projects/rescue-without-borders/
I tried to attend the "Pirate Beer", but only one guy was there
Remark: We should prepare an agenda better. Posting the template is of little help when preparing for the meeting. The thought that we had discussed it in the last meeting, so. But I can also be wrong.

5.1 - Proposals

Issue: General Assembly Organisation Submitted by: Mike

Mike: We just need to promote the GA, ask who wants to show up in person, send out comprehensive invite, know who'll show up. Sadly I can't be there from the get go; I can be there in person from around 15:30, I suppose. Sorry for that.
Bailey: We know what to do. Sending out an invite, including an invite to a physical component.
Veronika: I can be at the PiCe from the start. We need to promote this elsewhere aside from the e-mails, as all PPI e-mails still go to my spam folder.
Bailey: Any platform is good.

Issue: Board Meeting Time(s) Submitted by: Mike

Mike: We don't have any more board meetings scheduled.
Bailey: The one before the GA should be at 16:00 CET (15:00 UTC) on Tuesday 24th of January
Bastian: Motion not setup in the right cat. It's fixed now, thx.
https://ga.pp-international.net/t/motion-proposal-statutes-change/378
Mike: fixed

5.2 - Working Groups Update

no news

5.3 Economic Update

Bastian: We should prepare the budget for 2023 a.s.a.p.
Manuel: Both gregory and Bailey have access to the bank account. So if that could be confirmed, I would appreciate that.

Mike: I'd just like to ask for the PPCZ membership invoice for 2022 as I have to pay it within this week using last year's budget.

Manuel: I wanted to send all the invoices at once, but I'll send it ASAP.
Bastian: I have it here; I'll send it to you right away via Wire. :-D

5.4 ECOSOC/UN

Gregory: I would like to hear from Alexander about the IGF attendance in Addis Ababa.
Alexander: Yes, I was there. Lot of human rights organisations. Lots of governments seem to be trying to control the flow of information. For me also agenda related to sanctions was interesting. Economical, trade... We submitted a session about mostly Russia, Eastern Europe; we had to work with the audience and some Russian propagandist jumped out of audience trying to claim that everything in Russia is fine. I believe we should continue in these activities as bad guys are using these platforms to promote their agenda.
Bailey: We received information that NYC UN isn't able to issue ground passes today, but probably just today.
Gregory: We need to apply for all grounds passes ASAP for all people who want to continue to go to UN events.

5.5 PPI HQ update

no news.

6 AOB - Any other business

Alexander: RightsCon conference submittion deadline is 12th January. It will be hybrid. Should we raise some rights issues related to our agenda?
Gregory: I would love to speak to AI generated content based on public domain content there. I think we need to promote the stance that the AI generated text can't infringe on anything.
Alexander: I would like to support you. It's possible the deadline might be Jan 15th. It will be hybrid, in Costa Rica, in the middle of June.
Gregory: Rightscon is great; one of the biggest conferences; it's organised by friends; one of the biggest events on the topic.
Bailey: I attended back in 2018 in Toronto. Great sessions and people. I have a friend in Access Now. A very cool organisation. I like the idea for the session, I support it and it's a great idea. Also, do you think we should have a meeting between now and the next board meeting?
Gregory: I would rather not due to my tight schedule.
Manuel: I think it would be a good idea.
Bailey: Why don't we set one up, who's able to attend will attend. We'll tie loose ends outside of a board meeting.
Manuel: I think the hour last time was okay.
Bailey: Shall we say Tuesday Jan 17th, 16:30 EST / 22:30 CET / 21:30 UTC. We shall tie loose ends and prepare for the GA. Happy new year to everyone.
Bastian: FYI: Last Google report: 13.5K Impressionen (Web)
===================================================
  • Next Meeting: 24.01.2023, 15:00 UTC/16:00 CET/10:00 EST
  • Meeting Closed: 10:58 UTC