- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Gregory, Mike, Alexander, Julian, Keith
- excused: Florie, Bailey
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members:
- participating: Bastian, Raman,
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 21:06 UTC by Gregory
- Meeting chaired by Gregory
- Secretary for this meeting is all of present
- Quorum established with 4 (out of 9) board members present.
- Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
- Recording started: 21:06 UTC
- Postal votes: none
- Notes on meeting process: none
3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
|Yes : Julian, Gregory,Alexander, Mike|
|Abstain : keith|
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)
- Florie Marie: not present
- Gregory Engels: I have not much to report, I have been involved in minor administrative tasks. I am preparing to go the PPDE General Assembly this weekend where a lot of international pirates also will be present.
- Bailey Lamon: not present
- Michal Gill: nothing to report
- Keith L. Goldstein: I announced the GA. The invoices for the Members have been prepared, but need to be sent out.
- Alexander Isavnin: Submitted sessions for IGF, regular PPRU streams, sent letter to UN Speciall Rapporteur on Human Rights in Russia, got appointed to Academic Council of the Pirate Political Institute
- Julian Häffner: Nothing to report
- Mauricio Vargas: not present
- Maycow Toledo: not present
- Adam Wolf: not present
- Sebastian Krone:
- I have been monitoring the PPI tech, as I do every day.
- All patches are up to date. All systems are running smoothly.
- I have asked several times to see the contract for data processing by a processor (Art. 28.3 GDPR) regarding our discourse hosted by Stefan Thöni that we use. When will this be done?
- Mia Utz: not present
- Raman Ojha: Nothing to report
- Carlos Polo: not present
5.1 - Proposals
5.2 - Working Groups Update
- We had several working metings of the SCUBA on submitting session proposals to the IGF. One of the proposals is with Japanese Pirates on computer ethics. We also submitterd a session proposal on digital totaliralism. The links are on the IGF website.
5.3 Economic Update
- Nothing to report
- Keith will be at UN HQ in NY around August 1st.
5.5 PPI HQ update
- Nothing to report
6 AOB - Any other business
- From Bastian:
- What are the considerations for moving the PPI headquarters (seat) to Luxembourg?
- Is the Chairperson aware of the tax consequences of this? That we are a Swiss association, all tax obligations (tax reporting and returns) are taken care of by Postfinance Suisse. We have nothing to do there.
- That's why we have the P.O. Box in Geneva, because we need an address in Switzerland, since PPI has its headquarters in Switzerland. It was a lot of work to solve the problem.
- 20 francs per year are peanuts.
- All my mails and post to PP-Luxembourg remained unanswered until now.
- We would need a decision of the General Assembly to move the seat from Switzerland to Luxembourg.
- We know, what it means if we don't fulfill our obligates (some thousand Euro as fines n Belgium).
Joe (guest): I have a question regarding the Funds collected for the Pirates4Ukraine campaign. what happened with those funds?
- All have been transferred to the entity that it was collected for - everything is very transparent recorded in our wiki: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=Finances/AidUkraine - all collected funds have been transfered on 14.06.2022 to the SocEntLab, thats the NGO that Svein is working with
- Bastian: we never from them on how they used the funds that we have transferred.
- in other news:
- there has been reports from pirate party of Massachusetts on new attacs on encryption https://www.laquadrature.net/en/2023/06/05/criminalization-of-encryption-the-8-december-case/
- can we have more regular updates on US-PP? - we are very active on Discord https://discord.gg/KkvAxt7v (disclaimer: Discord is not very privacy friendly).
- Next Meeting: third Wednesday of July: 19.07.2023 05:00 UTC / 07:00 CEST/DST
- Meeting Closed: 21:52 UTC