Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 10/06/2014 20:00h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2014-06-10
Record of the meeting
- Audio recordings: https://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20140610
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Anders, Bastian, Gregory, Koen, Thomas
- excused: Masa
1.2 - Others
- Alternates: Yasin
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
- Meeting opened at 20:05 CEST by Koen
- Meeting closed at 21:15 CEST by Koen
- Meeting chaired by Koen
- Secretary for this meeting is: all of us
- Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present
- Streaming started: not possible
- Recording started: yes - Link: see above
- Postal votes: none
3 Short Reports
- Thomas: Call for Hosts GA 2015, send put survey about membership details, adminstering minor email stuff, etc. Typical silent background work :)
- Koen:Started collecting signatures for bank transfer, talked to PPAU representative.
- I work very hard to open a bank account. Unfortunately no feedback from PPUK since last two weeks.
- Recording of all member data (very hard work, I’m Sherlock).
- English Standard Chart of Accounts established, accounting in progress.
- Gregory: have channeled the press request from french radio to PPCH, had some minor discussions around #tt214, have exchanged some mails with PP-US-Kansas about possible support, had a meeting with the board of PWB and invited them to London meeting.
- Anders: Preparations for the TT214 Istanbul. Everything on schedule now and academic boards are setlled. As you all know Call for submissions was distributed today at about noon CEST ref item 7 in the agenda. Again tried to engage the volanteers to work with social media strategy, still no answers.
4 Real life meeting in London
- First day at the museum is secured, secound day will be a different location. London branch is taking care of it and will contact the board with the details when ready.
- Agenda: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/London-agenda still under preparation
- Gregory: PWB Chair will attend the meeting.
- Thomas: Rick Falkvinge will join us as well.
5 General Assembly 2014
- Fifth aftermath
- Gregory: Financial Statement arrived. Will be send out to the board as of tomorrow.
6 Press work / Social Media
- Thomas: Nothing to report tonight on press. Refering to last meeting: More needs to be discussed in RL in London. SM-strategy is supposed to be developed till then.
- Thomas: Same for social media - to be discussed in London may be a survey ought to set up to see how our current presence is reflected by our members and maybe others
- Masa and Anders are still on working out the strateqy for social media, Jelena will be in it as well.
7 Second ThinkTwice conference
- Call for Papers went online today: http://thinktwice.co/index.php/tt/tt214/schedConf/cfp
- Gregory: as mentioned at the last meeting, the excucitive (academic) board deciding is not really clear. Here some control by PPI should be implemented as most of our people also do have an academic degree. We should be added to the acedemic board. http://thinktwice.co/index.php/tt/index/pages/view/board
- Anders: PPI is responsible for the Organising Comittee. The PPI Org. Comm. is: Gregory, Bastian, Thomas, Anders, Koen, Yasin, 3 more person tba.
- Gregory: I have added the CNAME http://thinktwice2.pp-international.net/ To thinktwice.co, but it is not configured on the receiving site. It will be fixed within a few minutes.
- Call for Papers - to be distributed via pp-leaders: To be done by Thomas when Organizing Committee is added to the webpage.
8 Financial Situation
- No progress. No account. Cash about 0.00 EUR ;)
- Gregory: the cache in the register is actually 819 EUR, but we have also open expenses to pay from the PPI GA and the first TT, so in the result the sum is about zero.
9 PPI Headquarter
- no news tonight, HQ had met in between of last meeting and the paperwork is moving around atm
10 UN / WIPO / ITU / WSIS
- no news tonight
- some emotional debate about Item 9 PPI Headquarters
11 AOB (being urgent)
- Potsdam Conference 06./07.09.2014 - "Security Conference" and "Conference for Foreign Affairs" in Potsdam/Germany
- IGC Istanbul directly after TT214
- Gregory: Anybody here are planing to attend the PP-DE GA in Halle (Saale)?
- nearest airport: Halle-Leipzig (LEJ/EDDP)
- Next Meeting: Ordinary Meeting Tuesday 2014/06/24 20:00 CEST
- Meeting Closed: 21:15 CEST by Koen