DRAFT - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 05/08/2014 20:00h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2014-08-05
Record of the meeting
- Audio recordings: https://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20140805
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Thomas, Gregory, Koen, Anders, Bastian
- excused: Stathis (will be late- present from 20:23), Masa (might show up later)
1.2 - Others
- Alternates: Yasin (excused for today),
- Guests: Valio, Collentine
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 20:10 CEST by Koen
- Meeting closed at 21:30 CEST by Koen
- Meeting chaired by Koen
- Secretary for this meeting is: all of us
- Quorum established with 4 out of 7 board members present
- Streaming started: Not possible
- Recording started: yes (Dichter)
- Postal votes: no
3 Short Reports
- Thomas - everyday business. Attended GA PP-CZ
- Gregory - nothing outstanding. Have enrolled 42 e.V. as a sponsor for ThinkTwice
- Koen - made some corrections to the board changes form (for HQ) and resubmitted it, wrote text officially invite Julia.
- Anders - all #ThinkTwice speakers are OK, the only thing is now to buy the tickets.
- Bastian - worked on bank account from PP-DE, attended GA PP-CZ, Money from GA 2012 will be transferred asap
- Stathis - I participated in a Mumble meeting (31/7) for the preparation of TT214 conference. Worked for PP-GR’s 2nd meeting with other 14 Greek parties in Athens (23/7).
4 Second ThinkTwice conference
Anders: ThinkTwice designated bank account:
Contact: Ole-Aleksander Mellingsæter, Party Secretary PP-NO
Bank: Nordea Bank Norge ASA
All submissions are accepted, including one from a PP from Israel
- Gregory will unfortunately not be able to attend the ThinkTwice conference, nor the IGF, since the change in his business plans.
- Koen will attend TT but not IGF (most likely still trying to fix that)
- Open registration for visitors - Koen
- publish program - preliminary will be published latest 8th August.
- add YPNO logo to site - done
- get loan from PPNO/YPNO transferd to our account - Anders
- Cover expenses for Smari, Josef and Birgitta
- PPI pays for dinner on Saturday? Limited to 400 EUR.
- No alcoholic drinks! Cay ve su included.
- approx 12 people to be served at approx 20 EUR might be the max way.
- Vote on Budget 400 EUR for paying dinner for the Speakers on Saturday at TT14.
- Yes: Thomas, Koen, Stathis, Anders, Bastian, Gregory
- Vote: Hard alcoholic drinks are not included - soft alcoholic drinks are included (wine, beer):
- Yes: Gregory, Thomas, Koen, Anders, Stathis
- Abstain: Bastian
- University pays on Sunday
- Koen: If other things come up with ThinkTwice conference, we should move it to the mail.
5 General Assemblies
- Online GA 2014
- Thomas - I am quite in favour of having an "online GA" preferably on Mumble this year. I would like to have a permission to organize it, with the help of our members.
- Gregory - Permanent E-Democracy system on https://lqfb.pp-international.net , a pure "online GA" has been removed from the statutes in favour of it. We only have one kind of GA (ordinary or extraordinary) that can be attended in remote or physical presence.
- Thomas has the lead, Stathis will assist.
- GA 2015
- no news today
- Gregory - should'nt we be deciding on the date of the GA today?
- Preferred by PP-PL 4th/5th July 2015
Vote: Ordinary GA will be held on 4th/5th July 2015
- Yes: Anders,Gregory, Thomas, Bastian, Stathis, Koen
- (21:06 - Anders is leaving for PP-EU Board meeting)
6 Financial Situation
- Content of the cash box: 358,06 EUR.
- Outstanding expenses: 120 EUR to Maxime for PPI GA Paris and 245 EUR for travel reimburcement for 1st ThinkTwice - so we are at minus 7 EUR.
- Bastian: no change.
- Quartaly report will be published till the end of the week
- It will be the first ever :)
7 PPI Headquarter
- Some minor errors had been in the forms. Been corrected.
8 UN / WIPO / ITU / WSIS
- Proposal extra meeting of the board to discuss this item in length, including strategy.
- yes: - Gregory, Thomas, Koen, Stathis, Anders, Bastian
- Accepted! Thomas has the job to organize it.
9 AOB (being urgent)
- Gregory: PP-AU had made a decision to may be withdraw from PPI. What should we do?
- Koen: we will have "online GA" so most of the items mentions by PP-AU might be fit.
- Koen will contact PP-AU to discuss up front our idea about "online GA" etc.
- Twitter account: probs using it. Jelana and Thomas are working on it.
- Next Meeting: Tuesday 2014/08/19 20:00 CEST
- Meeting Closed: 21:30 CEST by Koen