From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search

< back to PPI Board


  • --- 14/10/2014 20:00h CEST ---
  • Mumble:
  • Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"

Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2014-10-14

Record of the meeting


1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Koen, Thomas, Bastian, Anders, Gregory, Stathis (from 20:18)
unexcused: Masa

1.2 - Others



Meeting opened at 20:17 CEST by Koen
Meeting closed at __:__ CEST by
Meeting chaired by Koen
Secretary for this meeting is: all of us
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present
Streaming started: Not possible
Recording started: yes
Postal votes: yes
  • Postal vote 1 - "online" General Assembly
Initiated: 06.10.2014 22:22 CEST
Deadline 09.10.2014 24:00 CEST
  • The board of PPI (Pirate Parties International) will invite to a

extraordinary General Assembly being held "online" (oGA) in 2014 and

shall comply with the following:

- being held online on mumble (server to be decided upon later)
- might continue with a 2nd oGA
- involve members beforehand
- Fix time and date via doodle
- Details:
-- Oct, 10th 2014: send out doodle - Deadline: Oct, 18th 2014
-- invite on Oct, 19th 2014 for oGA with a Draft agenda incl. online GA


- Member involvement:
- 1. meet up for preparation Oct, 26th, 0:00 CEST aka midnight (one

hour more availabe cause daylight saving time ends this night in most


- possible time for oGA in 2014
Weekends from Nov, 23th - Dec, 10th (Saturday and Sunday 24 h scheme

in doodle)

- Involve members in building up the agenda (see above)
- ask for Statutes amendments
- a draft agenda should be the basis for it (send out with invitation)
- check eDemocracy systems if is a) accessable and b) ready to use
  • Reason
1st oGA on Mumble so voice to voice discussion is possible and in this

way misunderstandings can be minimized and be solved ad hoc

Further requirements:
- set up visual collaboration "tool" beside a pad
- Streaming and recording shall be possible
To be checked within the progress:
- for Statutes safeguard a "physical address" shall be given for those

people who want to meet up and in case of legal issues the law of a

state is the back up for the CoA. (brussels?)

  • Votes:
Yes: Gregory, Thomas, Bastian, Stathis,
No: Anders, Masa, Koen
Abstain: -
Yes: Yasin
  • motion passed

Link for doodle: now obsolete (see below in AI#6)

  • Postal vote 2 : Change hour of the meeting
Initiated: 01.10.2014
Deadline: 08.10.2014 23:59 CEST
Hi! You have seen the request from Stathis.
So hereby I open a postal vote! Deadline: 2014/10/08 23:59 CEST "Change the beginning of our regular board meetings from 20:00 CEST/CET to 21:00 CEST/CET"
  • Votes:
In favour: Stathis
Against: Thomas
Abstain: Bastian, Gregory
  • Votes after deadline:
In favour: Koen, Masa, Anders
Yes: Yasin
  • Motion failed

3 Short Reports

  • Koen: attended PPLU GA
  • Thomas: standard stuff, PP-DE Lay Auditors meeting
  • Bastian: Working on quarterly report III/2014. Waiting for accounting of #TT14. Waiting for several proof of payments.
  • Gregory: nothing really of notice. applogies for missing last meeting - I had a "calender malfunction" for the first time for PPI Board meeting ever.Received a letter from WIPO eplaining briefly that "the assembly of states failed to follow our request for observing membership)
  • Anders: Had meetings with IMMI, Iceland. Started uploading TT videos to the PPI YouTube channel. They are all on the TT channel. Have received all, except Day 1 part 2, in HD. Discussions with Koen about ideas to engage members in starting work on a PPI Manifesto. Discussed the opening of an official account that follows PPI and not individuals, nor national parties or other members. And worked on a vision for PPI in cooperation with Koen and others. Still trying to establish a continous cooperation with the #saneCreators initiative in Hollywood.
  • Stathis: Working with Thomas on online General Assembly of PPI. Set up Greek section in Pirate Times. Preparing the 3rd General Assembly of PP-GR, to be held in Chalkis (my hometown), November 1 & 2, 2014

4 Second ThinkTwice conference

Financial outcome?
postponed due to other ad hoc things
Publishing of Documents:
some papers are still missing.

5 Change time for the beginning of the regular meetings of the board

Proposal: Change to 20:30 CET/CEST - withdrawn
one meeting every 4 weeks taking into account "Europeans" 21:00 CET/CEST Tuesday plus
one meeting every 4 weeks taking into account the rest of the world: 09:00 CET/CEST Saturday
Installed as a test until 31.01.2015
the reason to alternate the days and time is to give more opportunities for people outside europe to attend the PPI Board meetings. (Mornings in Europe are evenings in Asia/Pacific and early night in Americas)
  • Vote:
in favour: Gregory, Stathis, Thomas, Koen, Bastian, Anders
against: -
abstain: -
motion has passed

-> the next meeting will be Saturday Nov 1st at 09:00 CET

-> further dates: Nov 11, Nov 29, Dec 9, Dec 27, Jan 6th, Jan 24. see email from Thomas and the wiki

To figure out details and spread the news: Thomas has the job

6 "online" - extraordinary General Assembly

  • Vision on PPI articles on Pirate Times - Koen and Gregory will write one
  • doodle
We have decided unanimously to change the doodle to include the weekend until the end of January 2015. We also want to extend the deadline for the doodle to October 25th and remove the option of the first date
-> Anders will provide an Polleverywhere-Tool (whoever is in charge)
First meeting to prepare oGA will be on the 26th of October, 00:00 CEST, in Mumble


WIPO-membership - discussion - results:
WIPO assembly has rejected (well actually they have abstained from voting after the objections from US delegation) our aplication for observer membership. I do not see any way for PPI to enter into WIPO in the few coming years. But, we could expose this descission by still going to WIPO meetings through the collaboration with other NGOs like CSC (may be we should officially join them) and continue to promote the PPI in other cooperations (like WTO, UNESCO, etc).
UN-Organisations - discussion - results:
have a spearte meeting with whoever is interested discussing the individual involvments.

8 Financial Situation

  • Bastian: no changes. Content of the cash box: 358.06 EUR. Outstanding expenses: 120 EUR to Maxime for PPI GA Paris and 245 EUR for travel reimburcement for 1st ThinkTwice - so we are at minus 7 EUR. - check/fix dates

9 AOB (being urgent)

Stathis: Re-activation of PPI’s page Hasn’t been updated since 28/3/2014. TT214 and other significant matters concerning the activity of PPI need to be updated in the page.
Thomas: will be done after update from old drupal to modern wordpress
Gregory: I have sent Muriel the PPI GA 2012 minutes and updated the wiki.
Next Meeting: Saturday 2014/11/01 09:00 CET
Meeting Closed: 21:49 CEST by Koen