Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- 06/06/2015 10:00h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Minutes of the PPI Board meeting from 2015-06-06
Record of the meeting
- Audio recordings http://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20150606
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Bastian, Thomas, Gregory
- excused: Koen, Stathis,
- unexcused: Anders, Marco
1.2 - Others
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at : 10:26 CEST by Thomas
- Meeting closed at 11:06 CEST by Thomas
- Meeting chaired by Thomas
- Secretary for this meeting is: all of us
- Quorum established with 3 out of 7 board members present
- Streaming started: Not possible
- Recording started: yes
- Postal votes: none
3 Short Reports
- Very brief
- Preparation of General Assembly
- Financial documents from Gregory received
- Prep. GA. Initation, preped the wiki
- Gregory: worked on Pirate Summer Vacation
4 Meetings and Conferences.
- GA 2015
- Prep. Meeting
- there will be key-note speaker. Rick Falkvinge is confirmed, we look for more.
- Remote delegates do required to pay for the remote participation, but they are very wellcome to donate.
- call for donations would be useful.
- do we accept sponsoring?
- Vote on "Do we accept sponsoring for the GA in Lodz?"
- yes: Gregory, Thomas, Bastian
- nay: -
- abstain: -
- Motion passed
- old TT14 Sponsorship https://ppi.piratenpad.de/tt14-sponsors
- old Friedrichshafen call for sponsors: https://ppi.piratenpad.de/conference-sponsors
- registration URL: https://ppinternational.eventbrite.com
- Pirate Summer
- Registrations are incoming
- Piratetimes have published a short article with invitation
6 Working commitees
- from the previous ordinary meeting
- Gregory: As a first step I have created mailing lists.
- http://lists.pp-international.net/admin/sc-pprec standing committee on public and press relations, elections and campaigning.
- http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/sc-np standing committee on new parties
- http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/sc-ingor standing committee on INGO relations
- http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/sc-botfaf standing committee on PPI budget, oversight, transparency, finances and fund raising,
- http://lists.pp-international.net/listinfo/sc-cpp standing committee on common political program.
- Greg: I would prefer a real live meeting - as time is tight up front to the GA in Lodz, an online startup meeting would be preferable.
- Upcoming questions concerning NGO participation et al should be handled by the INGOR committee.
- The "left over" political
- Sample "Regulation" for the committees should be provided
- Proposal for a day or two to meet (an hour at the most for each committee) in Mumble
- a real-live meeting of all committees on Friday in Lodz (room availability has to be confirmed)
- 27./28.06.2015 for startup meeting - time slots:
- 27.06.2015 - 12:00 CEST - standing committee on public and press relations, elections and campaigning.
- 27.06.2015 - 13:00 CEST - standing committee on new parties
- 27.06.2015 - 14:00 CEST - Statutes workshop (no committee)
- 28.06.2015 - 12:00 CEST - standing committee on INGO relations
- 28.06.2015 - 13:00 CEST - standing committee on PPI budget, oversight, transparency, finances and fund raising,
- 28.06.2015 - 14:00 CEST - standing committee on common political program.
- committee scope and vision
- work structure
- current issues
- real live meeting in Lodz
The statutes workshop is not a stating committee, but a good practice that we have established to give an opportunity to discuss the submitted SAP
- Thomas will send out the invitation by tonight including the mailing list invite.
- From the previous ordinary meeting
- Thomas gives an overview about the current rumours and deliberatly spreaded lies about PPI.
- Proposal by Bastian: article in PT about the truth, seconded by Gregory and Thomas
- Gregory: We do not need PT if it focused on reporting the negative - we need a news service to focus on reporting the positive news about the pirates and this includes PPI, the negative reporting will be out there from our opositon soon enough. I would like to see a public discussion about the direction of PT, and if it is not going to change, we all need to cut the lines towards the PT and create a new one.
- Bastian will collect and do it.
8 MLs pp-leader + discussion
- postponed to next meeting
9 AOB (being urgent)
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, 2015/06/16 20:30 CEST
- No board meeting on 2015/07/04 - the GA will be held the same day
- Meeting Closed: 11.06 CEST by Thomas