- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [14/07/2015 22:00]h CEST ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Record of the meeting
Audio recording: https://archive.org/details/PPIBoardMeeting20150714
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: pakki, Andrew, Karla, Richard, Henrique,
- excused: Chemseddin
- unexcused: Min
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Gregory, Nikolay, Anders, Koen
- participating: Kjell, Valio, Bastian, ThomasG, MacBurns, Nina , Jens, Hanns-Jörg
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 22:19 CEST by Andrew
- Meeting chaired by Andrew
- Secretary for this meeting is Pakki
- Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: No - not possible
- Recording started: Yes
- Postal votes: No
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
- no minutes to approve, first board meeting after ga - there was only an informal work meeting, with no decission have been taken. http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2015-07-12
- Last official board meeting: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2015-06-24
- no objections, thereby approved.
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members
- Members of the board shall give a short summary (one minute at maximum) of what happened since the last board meeting or their last report. If something needs more attention, it should be discussed in separate points.
- We had a meeting on Sunday, 12th july for organizational issues:
- Andrew: Have contacted some of the members who have left recently in order to try and repair relations.
- pakki: getting communication things done, short chat with andrew, helping josef writing an article about GA, meeting on sunday, interview (german language): http://www.derwesten.de/nrz/staedte/duesseldorf/der-zweitwichtigste-pirat-der-welt-kommt-aus-duesseldorf-id10878516.html
- Karla: was on holiday, tried to reach out to the mexican pirate party, getting response from them: seems to be an active pirate party (I know the Mex pirates very well, I just need to get in touch after elections a few weeks ago) Also reached out for the PPNL, to get acquainted since I will be living in NL for the next years.
- Chemseddine: -
- Min: -
- Henrique: actually travelling in europe, in germany at the moment. is in contact with pirate party brazil
- Richard:I am just getting connected and have started to look at documentation. I am not familiar with the issues and disputes that have arisen in the past.
5 - Rules of Procedures (proposed by Andrew)
Proposal: Add a text to the RoP regarding voting in loomio
That loomio entries and votes be regarded as equivalent to postal votes.
- Adopt the Rules of Procedure of the last board
YES: Andrew, pakki, Henrique, Karla, Richard.
Result: RoP adopted.
- we first all are going to read them and discuss changes in the next meeting
6 - Elect Treasurer (proposed by statutes)
- BastianBB tells us something about his work before: there were some difficulties in the last year, but now most of it is cleared. He guesses the work will be round about one hour a day.
YES: Andrew, pakki, Henrique, Richard
7 - Elect Chief Administration Officer (proposed by statutes)
YES: Andrew, pakki, Karla, Richard
8 TODO Board (statutory or otherwise decided by the GA)
get the details collected from the new officers of PPI HQ (Passport numbers, date of issue, day and place of birth, etc) -> handled in the contact pad (currently down)
pakki & koen will do that together this week in brussels
issue / modify a Rules of Procedure for the Board
assign responsibilities for the standing committees to individual board members http://wiki.pp-international.net/Decisons_of_GA#Standing_Committees
standing committee on public and press relations, elections and campaigning,
standing committee on new parties,
standing committee on INGO relations,
standing committee on PPI budget, oversight, transparency, finances and fund raising,
standing committee on common political program.
create provisions for the adminission of supporter members
Andrew/pakki will ask the PPI members for their delegates to the committees
prepare the call for hosts for the next PPI GA
Andrew wants to spread it via Pirate Times, too
prepare the call for hosts for the PPI Standing Committees meetings
prepare the roadmap for the discussion / negotiation of the PPI Manifesto within the PPI Standing committee on common political programme http://wiki.pp-international.net/Decisons_of_GA#Political_Manifesto
decide about the continuation of the PPI ThinkTwice conference series
should continue, getting all information about the last conferences
open a bank account for PPI HQ, alternatively PPI (One that follows the organisation and not individual board members or members' accounts)
koen & pakki & karla will check it (problem is to resolve issues around the old bank account) actual there are supposed to be about 7,000 euros on it, so it has to be fixed.
Pirate Summer: do the actual board supports this event? Answer is: yes
find a meeting date within a month (at maximum; according to Statutes XIII (6) )
Proposal: next tuesday at 22 CEST (until contacted everyone in the board)
YES: Andrew, Henrique, pakki, Karla, Richard
9 - Begin reform process (Reform)
Proposal: That Andrew contact the members and ex members of PPI and initiate a discussion as to how the organisation wishes to procede with reform.
- Andrew: is going to ask all members and ex-members to propose reform ideas
- pakki: proposes to fund a working group to develop this together
- karla: asks, how to collect the proposals
- Andrew: would begin with Brendan Molloys proposals and check wether they are acceptable/possible to do. And then discuss it
- Karla wants to discuss it on a broad level
- Andrew proposes Loomio as a tool for this discussion online
- Karla agrees. (to using a platform for systematic collection of proposals -with voting capabilities)
- Henrique thinks it's important to discuss those ideas online.
- Andrew is getting in touch with the international coordinators for their opinion
- the board is going to find the most agreeable, practicle tool for this
- PPI is going to discuss the reform process, when the tool is ready to work with
- there is already a (modified for PPI needs) Liquid Feedback instance of PPI: http://lqfb.pp-international.net/ (based on delegations for decisions) - pakki will contact Nuno for access (PPIT is already supporting Nuno)
- Marco Confalonieri --> see wiki, former member of the board and currently CoA for support for LQFB assisting Nuno
- pakki is going to get all the information about what has to be done for a functioning Liquid Feedback -> Gregory added, that the board needs some campaigning to activate pirate parties to use the running system - the quorum is missing atm.
- BastianBB proposes not to use Liquid Feedback by the board
10 - Proposal To PPEU (Koen)
- Andrew: first nominate the standing committee of finance and let them take a decision on that to get all opinions
- Koen: will discuss this issue on the PPEU GA and bring the reactions to the next meeting of the board
- Members of the board in the standing committee on PPI budget, oversight, transparency, finances and fund raising will be: Karla, Andrew, Anders, Koen
- Decision postponed to next meeting
.. - AOB
Patrick: I would like to get people working in the public and press relations, elections and campaigning committee
Next Meeting: Tuesday,
2015-07-21 2015-07-28 (changed by Andrew) 22:00 CEST (20:00 GMT)
Meeting Closed: 23:11 CEST (21:11 UTC) by Andrew