From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
--- [05/03/2017 21:00]h CET ---
London (United Kingdom - England) Sunday, 5 March 2017, 20:00:00 GMT UTC
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Sunday, 5 March 2017, 21:00:00 CET UTC+1 hour
Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 6 March 2017, 05:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Sunday, 5 March 2017, 12:00:00 PST UTC-8 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 5 March 2017, 17:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 5 March 2017, 23:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Monday, 6 March 2017, 01:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
New York (USA - New York) Sunday, 5 March 2017, 15:00:00 EST UTC-5 hours
Jakarta (Indonesia - Jakarta Special Capital Region) Monday, 6 March 2017, 03:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 5 March 2017, 17:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
Hanoi (Vietnam) Monday, 6 March 2017, 03:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 6 March 2017, 09:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 5 March 2017, 20:00:00
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: to be added

Record of the meeting


1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Thomas,Bailey, Ray, Andrew, Koen,
excused: Keith (Vote transfered to Ray),

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Nikolay
Bastian & @PiratesOnAir


Meeting opened at 21:07 CET by Thomas
Meeting chaired by Thomas
Secretary for this meeting is Bailey
Quorum established with 6 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started:
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CET: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CET: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CET by (name)


Minutes of the last meeting

YES: Bailey, Ray, Thomas, Andrew, Guillaume, Koen



Minutes approved?


4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: recieved 1076 CHF, current . We have a feedback from Ecosoc with an inquiry pertaining to the scope of our activities.
  • Bailey: We all received an email from Elbert Kaan about elections in the Netherlands in a couple of weeks. Just like with Iceland, lots of people will be traveling there to support NL Pirates so if you are doing so then don't forget to fill out your information on the spreadsheet Elbert provided. For those of us who can't, we can still spread the word and show solidarity online. Let's do it! :)
  • Andrew: Nothing to report
  • Keith: Is in transit and presumably unable to attend. I have added all of my comments to the minutes.
  • Raymond: Nothing of value to report
  • Thomas: Nothing of importantance to report
  • Alternates:
  • Nicolay: Nothing to report
  • Patrick:
  • Adam:
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 Membership to PPI

  • Annotation

Statutes VII.

(3) A Member’s affiliation ceases automatically upon dissolution, disqualification, liquidation or in cases of temporary administration, court-ordered settlement or insolvency. The Membership also ends automatically when this Member does no longer fulfill the criteria that were necessary for its preliminary recognition as a Member.

  • Pirate Party of Serbia domain is for sale a mere nothing Last tweet End of 2015. Before that one, one in 2014, activity ended April 2013 Last activity Jan. 2013

Haven't heard from Aleksandar Blagojevic (last known leader) in years.

  • Pirate Party of Denmark

Liquidated according to Hanns-Jörg Rohwedder, MdL NRW - PPDE Observer to Denmark
As the liquidation is effective, PP Denmark will be removed from the memberlist
In here for keeping it in mind.
  • Finland requested to have its membership status reduced.
Bailey: Finnish elections are coming up and PPFI leader informed me that they will consider other PPI membership options afterwards. For now, they do not wish to continue their PPI membership.
Thomas: did they quit there membership with PPI? As we have no official proof.
Bailey: ^ Yes, they did. Jonna Purojärvi informed me via Facebook...maybe not the "official" way but it doesn't really matter at this point, in my honest opinion.
If so, they should send an official email. #Formalities as we are an Organisation bound to its members.
  • Guillaume proposes that we postpone this until the Finland Elections have passed. Seconded by Ray:
  • Vote:
Yes: Guillaume,Koen,Bailey, Ray, Thomas, Andrew
Motion passed
Finland Elections are due 09.04.2017
Item on the agenda again in May 2017
  • Keith has updated the membership contact database and made 3rd and final requests for member contact response from parties with contact info.
  • The following countries have no response and contact information is incorrect:

1) Italy,

2) Croatia,

3) Latvia,

4) Morocco, and

5) Serbia.

  • Keith recommends that we search for alternative ways to contact these 5 countries and send a public warning, concern of liquidation. Regarding Serbia an additional email was found for and sent a few days ago. The email was not returned to sender, as opposed to the other four countries but there is no response.

[Ray - Comment to be removed after it is mentioned and/or discussed: I will attempt to get in touch with all five, starting Monday March 10. I will also be recruiting 2 or more OSINT researchers to aid with these and any other countries where we might feell its needed.]

Thomas: will contact PPIT through Carlo von Lynx (Attaché PPDE to IT) on the CoA board: Carlo von Lösch PP-IT
Thomas: for Serbia: see above and previous meeting
  • Motion: remove PP Serbia from the memberlist as it does not exist any longer
  • Vote:
Yes:Andrew,Bailey, Ray, Guillaume, Thomas,
Abstain: Koen
Motion passed

Andrew proposes creating a repository to hold the URLs, email addresses, logos and any pertinent information for Pirate Parties that have decided to close themselves. This would enable new people to restart at a later date. There may be some costs related to domain registration. This should be raised in the next GA.

  • Keith recommends that we attempt a final communication through GA announcements to the following countries that have valid contact information but did not respond to repeated email contact:

1) Estonia,

2) Japan,

3) Kazakhstan,

4) Romania,

5) Slovakia,

6) Turkey,

7) Ukraine,

8) Bulgaria,

9) Catalonia .

Language of email may have been an issue, and we may want to try personalized emails or just see if they respond to the GA announcement.

[Ray - Comment to be removed after it is mentioned and/or discussed: Since we havent been able to get in touch with these, should I include them in OSINT research identifying FB and Twitter identities and try to direct them towards their email accounts? If so I will add these 9 to the previous 5 mentioned.]

Thomas: will contact PPCat as they are active and Th. is in contact with'em - [x] done
  • Keith also requests that a membership tally is conducted for all countries and observer members, cross-referencing for any that may not be on our lists, and that we initiate stage two of the membership contact to non-members and observer members. Guillaume mentioned there is an internet party of Serbia with observer membership status, but that information is not found anywhere. What other parties are supposedly members that we are missing?
Possibly not yet added, Thomas will check together with the decisions made at previous GA's
In General a stage 2 would be a good way forward. - Supported by the board.
you can try to contact via facebook, at least you can reach certain ppl from that parties (leader of PPUA and int coordinator of PPEE are active there, i can provide fb contacts that i used to speak with them)

6 - FB issues

  • Claim back FB Page via FB

Our business FB page:

Status: PPI still does not have ownership over the Facebook page.

7 Membership with other Organisations and things we can do

Response to UN ECOSOC: "Please provide more information to your answer to question 5b about planned activities and projects." Perhaps we should respond with the additional information?

Guillaume will make up a small workshop in the meantime and will give an answer to ECOSOC till Thursday. Richard will be involved as well.

8 - Financial Updates

  • Treasur box with Bastian had been opened. The money in it had been transfered. The video of the opening is available to the public.

1) Paypal Switzerland can only be opened with a Swiss national id and info. That PayPal is temporarily set up through the protonnmail, but without an id it is not authorized for use. We also have over €200 in the Belgian paypal, but transfering those funds to the Swiss account will incur a hefty fee. We should use the Belgian PayPal to pay for services if possible.

agreed: Thomas, Guillaume, Bailey, Ray, Andrew

Koen: We have 358 euros in t-shirt money in a cashbox somewhere..

Bastian: This was accounted for in the cashbox that was opened

2) Sending Invoices, do we have a template?

Yepp, Th. will send it to Keith - [x] done

3) Wiki updated with cashbox balance transfer. Keith requests the bank balance sheet to be sure about the exact bank fees, transfer fees, and details of prior balance. € 913.84 from cashbox + € 105 t-shirts=€ 1,018.84, bank balance=1,071 CHF (€ 1,000.53).

What about our server payments? From the remaining balance we should make a repayment plan to ppno. And recheck the definate amount of money really owed. Check with Bastian as he had been the that time treasurer.

Guillaume: Let's work out a plan for this when we have our infrastructure in order, since we do have this option

Ray: We can do this after the GA in Norway May 6 & 7

4) Payment for Belgian authorities for 2015 registration, receipt from Koen, please send to Keith. Can I refund this payment from the Paypal?

agreed: Thomas, Guillaume, Ray,Bailey, Andrew

5) Nonresponse from Sven on Dexia (PPLU). Numerous emails were sent. Shall we contact others at PPLU?

Thomas contacted Sven, Guillaume will do so, too.

6) Koen report on final submission to Belgian authorities. Also requesting receipt from Koen so we can pay him back. - 2016 is meant.

7) Details of Triodos. We should send a formal request to the account holder and the bank.

Please provide name of account holder and additional info. We will send an official letter. Keith recommends using one of our pro bono attorneys to send the letters, but we need details of the account of which none have been provided, Koen please assist, name of account holder, presumed balance, account number.

Koen will resend these information to Keith

8) The kraken account balance is zero still. Keith reset the email for that account to treasurer@,

9) crowdfunding plan

Head for organising a brainstorming meeting: Maybe Keith? - Let us wait for his answer.

9 AOB - Any other business

  • GA announcement email with prewarning of affiliation fee requests
  • Mailing of invoices, Keith is waiting for the approval of the invoice draft email in the prior pad, and to let the GA announcements go out ahead.
Thomas will sent out invite tomorrow evening,
Keith may send out the rest afterwards
  • Interview update from penguin?
  • 2016 GA wiki update, still not there.
still to be done. Thomas
  • Nikolay: i have problems with sending emails from my main email account (alexvox at to any ppi email accounts, though i have no problems to send to any non-PPI email addresses. I've tried different mail-programms, different PC's and web mail-interface, but i always get same error, no matter what i write in email:
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
host ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM [2a00:1450:400c:c0a::1a]
SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:
550-5.7.1 [2001:41d0:d:2997:8369::1 12] Our system has detected that this
550-5.7.1 message is likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent
550-5.7.1 to Gmail, this message has been blocked. Please visit
550 5.7.1 for more information. p12si21932527wrd.158 - gsmtp
  • can PPI have own email server instead of gmail?
under construction
i had similar problems 2 years before with my PPI email account, gmail blocking messages and mail domains sometimes, maybe using gmail as mail-server is not good idea.
yep, i know, after couple of fails with primary address i used ppi account to send email
- Changed spf from "v=spf1 mx -all" to "v=spf1 mx ~all", Thomas # Hope it solves the problem

Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-03-20 08:00 CET (07:00 GMT)

London (United Kingdom - England) Monday, 20 March 2017, 07:00:00 GMT UTC
Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 20 March 2017, 08:00:00 CET UTC+1 hour
Tokyo (Japan) Monday, 20 March 2017, 16:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
Vancouver (Canada - British Columbia) Monday, 20 March 2017, 00:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 20 March 2017, 04:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Monday, 20 March 2017, 10:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
New Delhi (India - Delhi) Monday, 20 March 2017, 12:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
New York (USA - New York) Monday, 20 March 2017, 03:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
Jakarta (Indonesia - Jakarta Special Capital Region) Monday, 20 March 2017, 14:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
Buenos Aires (Argentina) Monday, 20 March 2017, 04:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
Hanoi (Vietnam) Monday, 20 March 2017, 14:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
Wellington (New Zealand) Monday, 20 March 2017, 20:00:00 NZDT UTC+13 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 20 March 2017, 07:00:00

Meeting Closed: 21:58 CET (20:58 UTC)