- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [24/07/2017 21:00]h CEST ---
- London (United Kingdom) Monday, 24 July 2017, 20:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
- Berlin (Germany - Berlin) Monday, 24 July 2017, 21:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 04:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada) Monday, 24 July 2017, 12:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Monday, 24 July 2017, 16:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia - Moscow)Monday, 24 July 2017, 22:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India - Delhi) Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 00:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- New York (USA - New York) Monday, 24 July 2017, 15:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
- Jakarta (Indonesia) Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 02:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) Monday, 24 July 2017, 16:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
- Hanoi (Vietnam) Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 02:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Tuesday, 25 July 2017, 07:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, 24 July 2017, 19:00:00
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: will be added
- --- [24/07/2017 21:00]h CEST ---
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Bailey, Ray, Thomas, Nikolay, Koen
- excused: Keith, Guillaume
The board congratulates Keith and his wife with their newborn healthy little girl. Born in Japan.
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 21:10 CEST by Bailey
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is Raymond, all others help out
- Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started http://piratesonair.de/stream/
- Recording started: 21:10 CEST
- Postal votes: Keith's vote was given to Nikolay, Guillaume's vote was given to Bailey
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_07_09
YES: Thomas, Koen, Bailey, Guillaume, Nikolay, Keith, Ray NO: ABSTENTIONS:
Minutes approved unanimously
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Bailey: I’ve been working crazy hours and also dealing with some PPCA challenges that I won’t get into here...so I do not have much to report on, aside from continuing to do social media stuff and the Pursuance Project (which you all have been invited to). I also participated in a radio broadcast yesterday (Sunday) about basic income with Ray, Christian Engstrom and a few others, which went very well.
- Keith: On baby leave this week. Did some more prep work for TT3. Fixed a location that we can use for the base of the conference, HaMifal, which is an art gallery and public events space that is managed by Noam Kuzar, our Spox of PP-IS. In addition we can rent another location if there is demand from more people that sign up in advance. Please sign up for the event and distribute it. A link is provided below.
- Nothing for PPI, working PPBE summer event
- I've provided some photos, videos, comments, translations to foreign journalists about "march for internet freedom" (Moscow, 23.07.2017) and #FreeBogatov campaign orginized by PPRU and other left and right -wing parties and organizations, PPRU did good job as one of organizers of the "march" trying to bring maximum flags and banners we had, and we get good worldwide media coverage
- Also it was first time when the left and right -wing parties went together at a meeting against internet censorship and mass surveillance
- As usual lots of Activism, still struggling to get enough content for both Twitter accounts, especially @PPInternational. Need to focus on that going forward. Negotiations with IP is ongoing and we have had progress. See own point. Pursuance, see own point. #FreeBogatov, good news and good press. Done a couple of interviews. Huffpost, IBTimes London and Daily Dot planned. Continuing networking with the Spanish speaking Pirate world.
- nothing to report, will be at pirate summer in Poland starting next weekend.
- Bastian gave an addition about an interview with Channel One Russia which has Thomas had co-organised an Interview about "Netzwerkdurchsetzungsgesetz" (German) - ["anti-hate speech regulation"] <----
- AlexVox_PPI: 1st channel is main propaganda TV channel, and when russian government want to implement restrictions - they starting to tell lies about "same" things in Europe. (known fact, don't care), i'm just afraid that they will provide wrong\fake translation of your interview, they did it in past few times
5 - Proposal No. 1
5.1 Financial news
- PayPal- Guillaume said that he was setting us up with a PayPal plus account. Is there an update on that?
- Payments- There have been no requests for payments.
5.2 Pirate Conference 2017 (GA)
- PP-CZ enquired about whether there were any updates as we are past the due dates that are listed on the Wiki: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2017
- I informed them that we delayed the decision until the 26th and would be discussing the conference at this meeting. The website still states "16.07.2017 - discussion of submitted offers (PPI Board meeting)"
- Give in time (deadline) is postponed until the 06th of August 2017. The timeline will be changed accordingly.
- Unanimously accepted
- http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2017 changed accordingly
5.3 Membership database
- Miss Kitty Hundal is still working on this. Coding. Nothing to report but there is progress.
- TT3 Campaign- A document was set up with linked forms for sponsors, presenters, volunteers, speakers, and participants, which has been updated recently:https://ppi.piratenpad.de/167
So far, only Bastian and Keith have signed up as participants, and only Keith has signed up as a speaker.
- will add myself later, Thomas
- Bastian signed as sponsor, too. ;-)
- Is there an update on posting this information to our website?
- How would you all like to proceed to distribute this, especially targetting speakers?
- General Campaign: The fundraiser CF platforms remain half set up, as I have not had the Paypal for Switzerland or ID numbers there. It would be great to use Gofundme, Kickstarter, or one of the more renowned CF platforms, but most of them require personal or organization identification numbers, which must be from the registered country. So far, we don't have an individual in Switzerland who is willing to provide personal id, nor do we have a registration number in Switzerland. We do have a registration number though for Belgium. Should we use our Belgian PPI HQ and registration number for the CF campaign?
5.5 Pirate Awards
- Guillaume said he would send an email to start the discussion with the international representatives, which should take about 4 weeks. Is there an update?
- Guillaume proposed that Ray, Keith, and Guillaume organize the board recommended awards.
- When should this meeting take place? Anytime before 17:00 CEST should be fine.
- postponed, Guillaume's "baby". Him doing it.
5.6 Think Twice Conference
- We have a venue that will serve as the base for the event. The Mifal. http://hamiffal.com/ http://hamiffal.com/english/ If we have a lot more people that are interested, or more money to spend, then we can book an additional location. The seating at the Mifal will only be about 50 people. However, it is located downtown and we also have contacts with numerous other halls walking distance away that we can use. So, TT3 can use more than one location when necessary.
5.7 Social media updates
- long elaborated report. Please listen to the recording.
- Volunteers are welcome. Contact Bailey or Ray
5.8 Video Campaign
5.9 Monthly outreach meeting
- Is there another one planned?
- There will be progress this week.
5.10 Server update
- Have the system engineers on Bastian's team gotten together with Cedrick's team?
- We are working on exchange SSH-Keys. Should be done within this week. (Bastian)
5.11 Statutes revision
- I don't have any updates, (Keith Goldstein).
5.12 Article on Using Online Democracy Tools
5.14 Internet Party
- gained a moment within the last week.
- Internet Party New Zealand has written a letter of intent for being a full member with PPI
5.15 Pursuance Project
- Article by Kitty Hundal, "Activists, Pirates team up with Barrett Brown’s Pursuance Project
6 AOB - Any other business
- 25th of July, ECOSOC will finally will decide about observer membership for PPI. A positive had been recommended.
Next Meeting: Sunday, 2017-08-06, 08:00 CEST
- London (United Kingdom) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 07:00:00 BST UTC+1 hour
- Berlin (Germany) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 08:00:00 CEST UTC+2 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 15:00:00 JST UTC+9 hours
- Vancouver (Canada) Saturday, 5 August 2017, 23:00:00 PDT UTC-7 hours
- São Paulo (Brazil - São Paulo) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 03:00:00 BRT UTC-3 hours
- Moscow (Russia - Moscow) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 09:00:00 MSK UTC+3 hours
- New Delhi (India - Delhi) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 11:30:00 IST UTC+5:30 hours
- New York (USA - New York) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 02:00:00 EDT UTC-4 hours
- Jakarta (Indonesia) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 13:00:00 WIB UTC+7 hours
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 03:00:00 ART UTC-3 hours
- Hanoi (Vietnam) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 13:00:00 ICT UTC+7 hours
- Wellington (New Zealand) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 18:00:00 NZST UTC+12 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Sunday, 6 August 2017, 06:00:00
Meeting Closed: 22:23 CEST (20:23 UTC)