- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [10/11/2017 14:00]h CET --- (21. Cheshvan 5778)
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording: follows
- Video: https://zoom.us/j/457622824
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Raymond, Bailey, Thomas, Keith, Koen (in the car)
- excused: Nikolay, Guillaume
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 14:08 CET by Raymond
- Meeting chaired by Raymond
- Secretary for this meeting is Keith
- Quorum established with 5 (7 including absentee ballots) out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
- Recording started: 14:08
- Postal votes: 2 (Guillaume and Nikolay)
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
- Nikolays Vote goes to Raymond
- Guillaues vote goes to Bailey
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Minutes_2017_10_23
YES: Thomas, Bailey, Guillaume, Keith, Ray, Nikolay NO: ABSTENTIONS:
Minutes approved unanimously
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Guillaume: - (Not present, owing to health issues. He will be out of commission for around two weeks recovering.)
- Bailey: Ray and I have been reaching out to member parties who have not responded to the email invitation yet.
- Keith: Additional TT3 discussions. Please send it to people: https://think-twice.co/callforabstracts/ Our delegates will be sent soon.
- Koen: Worked a bit on videos from TT2. He will share soon.
- Nikolay: -
- Raymond: Cooperating on announcing the general assembly to members and coordinating needs for the event.
- Thomas: nothing of importance to report
- Patrick: -
- Adam: -
- Gregory: -
5 - General Assembly 2017 - Geneva
- Discussion and dividing up of tasks in preparation for the GA.
- Discourse installation - ongoing, technician for it is elected to parliament
Monday, the 20th allow statute discussions? We are hoping that it will be finished by next week. Technicians are working on it. A decision needs to be made about how to fix the ppi email with a subdomain.
- Redmine setup and prep for registration - Sunday
- New email solution? temp subdomain @board.pp-international.net for transit - accepted
- Agenda must be written http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2017#Proposed_Agenda
The current proposed agenda is based on the prior agenda. It is a preliminary agenda.
- Finishing Wiki document and publishing it http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2017
It is already published. We need to get it out to our constituents. A mail needs to be sent to everyone as a follow up that discusses the need for motions, ammendments, nominations, and applications for membership. Motions can be sent within the meeting itself, but it would be good for people to at least think about them in advance.
- Follow up emails, dm's and phone calls to members
We are monitoring the emails that are coming in with the names and emails of delegates, and we put together a spreadsheet to keep track of the responses. We should all use this one spreadsheet, it is available to edit for those logged in to their ppi account. https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheets/d/1JI1-B1mLdIHPZMPuCLr68UmGeUpMPudlBjkfAMM1Ujg/edit?usp=sheets_home&ths=true
- Registering and keeping up to date who has what delegates - see https://docs.google.com/a/pp-international.net/spreadsheets/d/1JI1-B1mLdIHPZMPuCLr68UmGeUpMPudlBjkfAMM1Ujg/edit?usp=sharing for adding for the conference
We may be too late for the statute ammendments in this GA. Keith will prepare the statute ammendments and prepare a document that summarizes them for the GA.
- Computer for Ray to run Zoom - PPCH task
Ray will need a computer to run Zoom at the event, which has a large screen.
- Opening up for nominations and informing and updating the members
- http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Conference_2016/Board_candidatures (Board, alternate board members, lay auditors, court of arbitration).
- This will be part of the email for our members. Thomas is working on this, and Ray will be his back up.
Keith will email the CoA and the lay auditors.
- Should we prepare a motion that expands the board size? This might be in violation of the statutes, but we can ask the GA to consider the motion.
<We need volunteers from all over the world, for various projects such as ECOSOC.> Keith will prepare a motion that the GA can consider.
- Motion 1 for the GA (from PPAT and others)
The board of PPI decides that a workgroup is assigned to always take care and evaluate the current possibilites of communication within ppi and with other pps around the world. It is desired that the most comprehensible, technically maintainable, free and according to current standards safe communications software is being used, making sure that a low-level entrance as well as high practicability are met with current security standards. The workgroup monitors, maintains and makes proposals to the board.
6 AOB - Any other business
Next Meeting: Monday, 2017-11-20 14:00 CET (13:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 14:45 CET (13:45 UTC)