- Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
- --- [01/28/21:00]h CET ---
- Mumble: mumble.piratenpartei-nrw.de
- Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
- Audio recording:
- Video: https://zoom.us/j/405892101
- 1 Record of the meeting
- 2 1 - ATTENDEES
- 3 2 - PROCEEDINGS
- 4 3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
- 5 4 - REPORTS
- 5.1 4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- 5.2 ECOSOC Upcoming Events
- 5.3 UN Groundpasses
- 5.4 Upcoming GA, Physical GA Preparation Meeting
- 5.5 TT3
- 5.6 Security Conference
- 5.7 Wiki, access
- 5.8 Website and server updates, future tutorial for building pages
- 5.9 Funds/Fundraising
- 5.10 Social Media updates
- 6 6 AOB - Any other business
Record of the meeting
1 - ATTENDEES
1.1 - Members of the PPI board
- participating: Koen, Bailey, Guillaume, Keith, Ray
- excused: Thomas,
- unexcused: Nikolay
1.2 - Others
- Alternate Board Members
- participating: Gregory, Dan
- participating: Bastian
- participating: Bastian
2 - PROCEEDINGS
- Meeting opened at 21:05 CET by Ray
- Meeting chaired by Bailey
- Secretary for this meeting is
- Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
- Streaming started: started/not possible http://piraten-sender.org/stream/
- Recording started: 21:05
- Postal votes: No
- Notes on meeting process
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
- [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
- Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)
3 - APPROVAL ON THE MINUTES
Minutes of the last meeting https://ppi.piratenpad.de/agenda-2018-01-08
YES: Keith, Ray, Guillaume, Bailey, Gregory, Dan NO: ABSTENTIONS: Koen
Minutes approved? Minutes are approved with 6/7 votes. <Minutes were not yet uploaded to Wiki due to a technical issue. They will be uploaded later.>
4 - REPORTS
4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)
- Guillaume: transmitted bill for the GA to the treasurer. (work on gambling law in Switzerland and integrating a digital integrity motion to the constitution.) http://www.rts.ch/play/tv/19h30/video/interview-dalexis-roussel-cofondateur-de-bity-sa?id=9287020
- Bailey: Feb. would be a good time to have the members meeting again. Poll may not be necessary, as there was a problem getting people to sign up. Perhaps we need to have an assigned time. Pirate Party of Amsterdam would like to talk about global action.
- Keith: trying to coordinate ECOSOC, missed a deadline, help would be great. TT3 meetings, the event is about a month away.
- Koen: I have nothing to report.
- Nikolay: <not present>
- Raymond: Business as usual. Other than that, nothing to report. In the coming 5 weeks I will be quite busy on two of my projects. You can expect to see me even less and not being able to take on "new" projects or responsibilites.
- Thomas: <not present>
- Adam: <not present>
- Etienne: <not present>
- Daniel: General Assembly of the Brazilian Pirate Party will be held in Porto Alegre, days April 27 to May 1st. We Will try to talk to other south america pirate party countries to participate.
- Gregory: preparing the pirate security conference in munich.
ECOSOC Upcoming Events
Events in NY
- “Social capital and social responsibility: building private sector trust and resilient societies to eradicate poverty” taking place during the 56th Commission for Social Development, on Monday 5 Feb 2018, 3-6pm in Conference Room 8 of UNHQ in New York.
- The fourth informal multi-stakeholder hearing of the preparatory process of the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration will take place on 21 February 2018, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, at the United Nations Headquarters in New York
- Official registration for the sixty-second session of the Commission on the Status of Women, to be held from 12 to 23 March 2018 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, is open through 27 January 2018. Please click here for the invitation letter containing important information and instructions on how to register.
"The 6th Development Cooperation Forum will take place at United Nations Headquarters in New York on 21-22 May 2018. The DCF is the principal platform for global policy dialogue on development cooperation, open to all Member States and engaging all stakeholders."
- Keith sent Guillaume the letter, which needs to be signed. Beforehand though we need to decide on exactly who will be on the list.
- The following items are needed for a groundpass.
1.A signed official letter (click for sample) requesting a pass on the official letterhead of the organization from the Chief Executive/President. The CEO/President can designate a maximum of five representatives for annual passes in the letter, plus two more passes for the CEO and Chief Administrative Officer.
2.A security form, showing the NGO pre-registered its information online (see the 4 Steps for Pre-registration below).
3.A valid government-issued photo ID (such as a passport, driver’s license, etc).
- Who are going to be our representatives in Geneva and New York?
Guillaume Saouli (automatic) Richard Hill
- New York
Liz Gorski Ohad Shem Tov Keith Goldstein (automatic) Annalise Burkhart
<Keith will send an email to Ray and the entire board requesting groundpass reps.>
Upcoming GA, Physical GA Preparation Meeting
- We should have the GA 30 days before the end of June to enable the Belgian paperwork.
- We will have a preparation meeting after TT3.
- We will have to reconsider the location of the next GA.
- Accounts for the GA have to be filed by the end of June in Belgium.
- 2000 euro budget, we are going to need to collect about 1000 euros to start
- Additional venue
- Online panel
- Confirmatioon of the speakers, moderators
- We need to write an email right away for the event to the various emails.
- Thomas and Gregory are organizing this.
- There are tickets on sale for the event.
- They are trying to collect more funds for the event.
- The conference is in two weeks time.
- Pirate parties who are cosponsoring have not given approval yet to attend.
- February 16-18th.
- Registration link: https://pirate-secon.org/en/registration-2018/
Due to the fact, that we had over 19,000 Spamusers in the old wiki and a huge spam activities in the new wiki, every new user has to be approved.
It's quite easy.
In case that the approval takes too long please send a mail to email@example.com
At the moment we have only 1-2 spam daily aktivities according more than 100 per day in the past.
Website and server updates, future tutorial for building pages
<See Bastian's notes below>
- Thomas is sending letters to specific parties and organizations.
- Membership fees for the current year will need to be collected.
- We need incentives for fundraising. We will need someone who is constantly raising visibility and networks.
- Perhaps we need to set up the store again.
- in regards to fundraising we need to review our approach. Without incentives more then often people aren't dishing out money. A friend of mine just did a fundraiser for his microbrewery, and raised over 50'000.- CHF but he had some serious incentives...I hear you from here, good bier is a very sensible incentive ?? Now that said, Day passes, Full event passes, free meal passes, meal with keynotes, t-shirt or other goodies, proceedings of the TT Conference could enable the fund raising drive to be more attractive and make potential donors want to pitch in.
- Perhaps we need a working group for crowdfunding.
- Pirate blockchain coin. Cryptocurrency for pirates. Tangle based coin instead of blockchain idea. Creating a new coin or utilizing the existing currencies. Infrastructure costs may be too immense, not only at a technological or remittence level, but also other side effects that go along with it. Dan will share more about this idea in the next meeting.
Social Media updates
- We can now access over 40 social networks with just one blog post automaticaly.
Can you please hand over the API codes for the tech team?
We now have 1200 up to 2200 clicks a day on our website. But we need content to continue.
- Bastian needs the API codes. We will talk with him more.
- Manual for Twitter:
- The social media working group is planning on getting PP Amsterdam to write a couple posts about their work.
- Pat Machler is posting once in a while. In general Ray has been in charge of making these posts, but Pat has been posting for him recently. We need to inspire board members and volunteers to make content and push it. Ray could use help.
- Bailey will also take more responsibility to Tweet more.
- Ray will consider a plan whereby we can divide the tasks of following up with different countries on social media.
- We have a new business account and PPI Activism. PPI Activism should become more open for individuals and parties to be able to contribute.
6 AOB - Any other business
Tech stuff - what happend until now:
Server setup with ISPConfig
Installation of a current media wiki Transfer the old data by hand to the new media wiki Install effective spam protection
Backup of the website PP-International.net Building a clean Wordpress instance Transfer of old data by hand to the new instance during uninterrupted operation
Elimination of the technical problems caused by "plugins". Installation of a webshop software and integration into the website Setting up an internet calendar and integration into the website
Installation of a PPI Mumble server
Installation of a lime-survey instance
Installing a Nextcloud server
Installing a Sympa mailing list server for multiple domains Transfer of the old mailing lists to the new server during uninterrupted operation
Installing a mail server Analysis and transfer of old e-mail addresses to the new server Analysis and transfer of the old mail distribution to the new server during uninterrupted operation Setting up the autodiscovery for Thunderbird.
Restoring the tt14.Site (ThinkTwice 2014) and integration into the PPI server.
Backup the tt18.Site (ThinkTwice 2018)
Thank you for taking note of it. Bastian
- Videos, can a working group please take over this project. We need people with the skill set and desire to make that happen. If anyone in the board wanted to supply a text, recording should be easy.
- Volunteers. Can anyone recommend people who specialize in specific tasks, such as script writing for videos? Then we can send them an email.
- Wednesday's USPP IRC meeting 9 pm, EST.
- There was an aggregator for PPI, which gathered all of the information about events. Could that be revived? It was not maintained. Reopening that tool would be a great starting point to link activities between parties and create a common feed of information. This refers to the website integration. There is also a separate calendar integration. This was based on Wordpress with a lot of plugins. Gregory set it up abou
Next Meeting: Sunday/Monday, 2018-02-12 08:00 CET (07:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 22:37 CET (00:00 UTC)