From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
--- [02/08/2018 21:00]h CEST ---
Room: "/international/pirate parties international/board meeting"
Audio recording: with ray
Video: with ray

Record of the meeting


1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Gauillaume, Ray, Bailey, Koen, Thomas
excused: Keith, (Ray has Keith's vote)

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating: Dan,


Meeting opened at 21:07 CEST by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey Lamon
Secretary for this meeting is Ray (Main) with the help from all of us
Quorum established with 5 out of 7 board members present.
Streaming started: not possible
Recording started: yes
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) entered the meeting [=> Quorum not established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] CEST: (name) left the meeting [=> Quorum established with X out of Y board members]
  • [HH:MM] x-minute break by initiated by (name)
Meeting closed at HH:MM CEST by (name)


Minutes of the last meeting

YES: Ray, Bailey, Thomas, Dan, Guillaume, Koen NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Minutes approved


4.1 - Short report of the board members 1)

  • Board:
  • Guillaume: nothing, just
  • Bailey: Nothing to report, business as usual
  • Keith: Just back in Japan. Had pre-board meeting earlier with him with input on all agenda items
  • Koen: Nothing to report
  • Nikolay: -
  • Raymond: Business as usual
  • Thomas:
Did the invite for "Cemetary MEditteranean Sea" - the invite for next monday is under preperation.
started sending out invoices for membership fees 2017 according to:
Prepping a meeting with the cashiers in about a fortnight, some me knowing they are not available atm. Prepped a container on Nextcload for those who need access. As for publishing bank accounts I have to check with the Swiss law.
  • Alternates:
  • Adam:
  • Etienne
  • Daniel: nothing to report
  • Gregory:
  • 1) Very short and brief. For important issues add an agenda item!

5 - Proposal No. 1

Budget 2018 The board is aware that an operating budget for the second half of 2018 must be created. A decision shall be made as to who does what - in this meeting.

A prospective budget for 2019 should also be prepared to be approved at the GA.

The cashier, Thomas Gaul, informs us that our liquidity is at zero but that membership invoices are being sent out now. He also says he needs help with shaping the budget.

Guillaume points to the fact that we need to increase our income to cover our basic costs. He furthermore suggests reusing old budget models to create the 2018 budget.

TASK: Thomas Gaul will prepare draft budget for 2018.

Comments and suggestions from Keith: - Wiki Finances needs to be updated. - We should contact the layauditors to review the budget.

General Assembly 2018 - Issue of the date being in 6 weeks. Sept. 14-16, being too soon. We would like to discuss if it could be delayed? If not we can have a vote whether to go forward. We have to identify tasks, people that own them and adeadline. A draft/start/sketch is found here:

- Semi-asyncrounous GA After feedback from board members, members and vice chair woman we would like to discuss, just like we did before GA 2017, how we can make the GA itself more of an exiting event for wievers, remote and presentdelegates. Many of the formalities we usually deal with during the two day event can be presented and discussed in Discourse, (free), in the two preceeding weeks. They can furthermore be voted on in PollEverywhere,($79 USD), and be settled before the GA starts - leaving room for other types of activities.

We can have break out events and work shops, both locally and remotely in Zoom. We can furthermore have exiting guests, recorded presentations and live presentations/talks. Both things will assure that we will have a more exiting experience for both delegates and audience/the public. In addition we market and run the meeting as a combined IRL and remote meeting - using Zoom.

Motion: "PPI will use Discourse and Poll Everywhere to make it possible to discuss and vote on formalities before the GA starts"

YES: Ray, Guillaume, Thomas, Bailey, NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Motion passed/failed: Passed

- Venue Munich is the only applicant we have. They are offering to run it 14th to 16th of September. See at bottom Agenda for details. If we think that 6 weeks is too little time to prepare it will have to happen after Oktoberfest, but PP Bavaria prefer the original dates.

as for info, PP
Motion passed/failed

- Economy/Costs/Budget Discussion item: We have to identify costs relating to the GA and enter it into our budget. Can we cover travel for some of the board members? [Ray: I have spent all that I can with my national party so I wont be able to get it covered]

Keith: Idea of earmarking a certain percentage of affiliation fees/donations to pay back a voucher for GA organizers to fly in.

- Crowdfunding for the GA Let's discuss setting up either again on GoFundMe, which is tied to our bank account, or/and using another venue.

COMMENT by Keith: We also have LimeSurvey set up, which is free, and can be used to feedback survey for participants. Presurvey could be arranged as well, but let's have this as a public pad.

PP Bavaria has changed the date, the 3rd/4th of November 2018 it shall be.

Motion: PPI accepts the candidacy of PP Bavaria as the Host of the Q4-2018 General Assembly, which will occure on November 3rd & 4th 2018. We thank the PP Bavaria for its flexibility and availability and are looking forward to meet as many pirates as possibles in Munich over that weekend!

YES: Thomas, Ray, Keith, Koen, Bailey, Koen, Dan, Guillaume NO: ABSTENTIONS:

Motion passed/failed: Passed

6 AOB - Any other business

Raymond will resend vanished email from PPNO so PPI can pay PPNO.

The PPI account balance is approximately 2400 CHF at the time of this meeting.


Next Meeting: Sunday, 2018-08-12 14:00 CEST (12:00 UTC) Meeting Closed: 22:29 CEST (20:29 UTC)