From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search

October 8, 2019

Convoqués

  • Board delegatives members :
    • Cedric (1)
    • Etienne (1)
    • keithgoldstein (1)
    • BaileyL (1)
    • RayJohansen (1)
    • MichalGill (1)
    • Dichter (1)
      • 7/9
  • Board members :
    • Etienne
    • keithgoldstein
    • BaileyL
    • RayJohansen
    • MichalGill
    • Dichter
  • Alternate board members :
    • Cedric

Absents

  • Board delegatives members :
    • DanPrazeresBR
    • gsaouli
  • Board members :
    • DanPrazeresBR
    • gsaouli
  • Alternate board members :

Ordre du jour

October 8

Board Meeting

Convened

Are present : Bailey, Gregory, Keith, Mick, Etienne, Ray


Absent

Are absent : Dan, Cédric (alternate board member)


PROCEEDINGS

Pas de description


Chair and secretary

Chair is


Quorum

We have quorum


Approval of the Minutes

Pas de description


Sept. 23

<a href="https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2019_09_23">https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2019_09_23</a>

Motion
Are the minutes approved ?
15yes.png Yes : {{{Yes}}}
15no.png No : {{{No}}}
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : {{{Abstain}}}
Result: Motion adoptée


Etienne: Keith, unable to reach congressus, votes YES

Approval of the Agenda

Calling the GA

GA Coordination

Economic report
Bank account cashiers
Financial regulation (5 minutes)
Registrations
Affiliation fee invoices
Dividing up the list

Discord presentation
Other Business
:PPDE relations
:ECOSOC 
:Upcoming Board meeting dates

Motion
Is the agenda approved ?
15yes.png Yes : {{{Yes}}}
15no.png No : {{{No}}}
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : {{{Abstain}}}
Result: Motion adoptée


Etienne: Keith, unable to reach Congressus, votes YES

Board member reports

Pas de description


Board

Pas de description


Bailey:

I wrote up a small GA announcement : practical information... I want a double check from everybody for the procedure.I'll make some little changes to it to actualize the main information.
That should be good to go soon.

Gregory and I have a meeting last week and what we need to accomplish on the GA.



Gregory:

Dichter: My request to go to the Article 17 Stakeholder Dialog was declined. (The meeting will be streamed by the EC).

I spent the time looking into the EU transparency register - we need to find volunteers to monitor it, it is just overwhelming for just one person.

I met with the chair and discussed directions.

I was unsecessful in reaching the lawyer in Geneva and Koen.


Keith:

I was also unsuccessful to reach Koen. I also did a bunch of things for the GA like invoices. I've been alble to reach parties that are interested by joining PPI.


Daniel:

Absent


Raymond:

Pas de description

RayJohansen: Business as usual. Activism and social media. Also planning coordination and task management for the General Assembly.

Mike:

I've been in contact with the new Slovak Pirate Party. They will probably send their application next week.

MichalGill: Statutes translated, now working on the materials needed to attach to the application. Possibly finished and sent to the board yet this week, depending on the interior ministry which will now change the party's name to some form of Pirate, since there's a lot of opposition to that and lot of obstacles thrown our way from multiple sides.


Etienne:

I start working with Cédric on a protocol to know how we'll grant access to our members to be sure to not have to recreat it each time.


Alternates

Pas de description


Cédric:

Working with Etienne.


Calling the GA

Calling the GA.
- GA coordination planning document: <a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/14rJrRxE2wA3QmDpkwhQTCYHdR1mWlFf2t7NNAO09vrk/edit?usp=sharing" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; cursor: pointer !important;">https://docs.google.com/document/d/14rJrRxE2wA3QmDpkwhQTCYHdR1mWlFf2t7NNAO09vrk/edit?usp=sharing</a> 

- Task list for the GA: 

RayJohansen: We'll need the delegates to get register on Discourse and Discord.

We'll Congressus to vote. Etienne et Cédric will told us what we need to prepare the meeting on Congressus.


I think we should skip Zoom this year because it's complicated to manage the video and Congressus at the same time on one screen. We might use Zoom for the board and chairs to have an easy way to communicate.


We need staff to help users to use Congressus.


We will need minutes takers, chair, stream supervisor...


I suggest to have 300€ aside for unexpected items

RayJohansen: We need to contact each member individually to be sure that they show up.


We need that each board member to coordinate with a few amount of members to up dates our information and be sure that we can reach them.

RayJohansen: The task list :

Each task have a number.

RayJohansen: When you've finished a task put the number in green on the task lists.

GA Announcements

 GA Announcement draft: 
   Bailey's original draft (Revision follows)     
                                              
Dear Pirates,

As you may have been aware, the PPI board has been undergoing some changes recently as well as sorting out the details for the 2019 General Assembly. 

The changes to the board are as follows: Guillaume Saouli has resigned from his position as Chairman, and the Chair position has been passed on to the former Vice-Chairwoman, Bailey Lamon. Additionally, former alternate board member Gregory Engels has not only stepped in as a board member but is now the Vice-Chairman. This will carry until the General Assembly when both positions, as well as several other positions will be open to nominations from the Pirate community at large. 

With that said, we are pleased to announce that the 2019 General Assembly will take place on the weekend of December 7th and 8th, and will be entirely online. 

We are currently undecided about which communication tool to use for the GA, and we would love to have suggestions from our members...whether that be video conferencing software like Zoom, or just audio through Discord or Mumble. We do plan to use Congressus during the GA and we will also open a forum on Discourse at least a couple of weeks before the GA so that members have plenty of time to discuss and debate. The proposed agenda will be shared in the near future. 

Please send us your delegate list (up to 6) as soon as possible to board@pp-international.net. You will also need to submit your statute proposals no later than November.28th. There is no deadline for board nominations or procedural motions.    

The following positions within PPI will be elected at the GA:

-1 Chairperson
-1 Vice-Chairperson
-3 board members
-3 alternate board members
-6 members of the Court of Arbitration
-3 lay auditors 

We would also like to see volunteers and/or nominations for vice-secretaries and vice-treasurers. These are not usually decided at the GA but we would at least like to open that discussion with everyone present. We also hope that the community will be open to deciding on the location for the 2020 GA. 

As we get closer there will be more announcements and important information being shared, so stay tuned and bear with us. Until then, do not hestitate to contact us with questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing all of you at the GA! 

Best wishes,

PPI Board 2018-2019

keithgoldstein: Keiths' revision: Check if this GA is indeed the first all online ga. Please note that I also mention affiliation fees in this version.


   Dear Pirates,


We are pleased to announce that the 2019 PPI General Assembly will take place on the weekend of December 7th and 8th, and the GA for the first time will take place entirely online. 


As you may be aware, the PPI board has undergone some recent changes. The changes to the board are as follows: Guillaume Saouli has resigned from his position as Chairman, and the Chair position has been passed on to the former Vice-Chairwoman, Bailey Lamon. Additionally, former alternate board member Gregory Engels has not only stepped in as a board member but is now the Vice-Chairman. This will carry until the General Assembly when both positions, as well as several other positions will be open to nominations from the Pirate community at large.


We are currently undecided about which communication tool to use for the GA, and we would love to have suggestions from our members...whether that be video conferencing software like Zoom, or just audio through Discord or Mumble. We do plan to use Congressus during the GA, and we will also open a forum on Discourse at least a couple of weeks before the GA so that members have plenty of time to discuss and debate. The proposed agenda will be shared in the near future.


Please send us your delegate list (up to 6) as soon as possible to board@pp-international.net. You will also need to submit your statute proposals no later than November 28th. There is no deadline for board nominations or procedural motions.


The following positions within PPI will be elected at the GA:


-1 Chairperson

-1 Vice-Chairperson

-3 board members

-3 alternate board members

-6 members of the Court of Arbitration

-3 lay auditors


We also seek nominations for vice-secretaries and vice-treasurers, as well as proposals about locations for future GAs and Pirate events.


Affiliation fee invoices will be sent separately to each party. The fees for this year are according to the old system. They should be paid prior tothe GA. Please let us know if your party will have problems paying fees, and we will arrange for reductions or postponements wherevernecessary.


As we get closer there will be more announcements and important information being shared, so stay tuned and bear with us. Until then, do nothestitate to contact us with questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing all of you at the GA!


Best wishes,


PPI Board 2018-2019

RayJohansen: Calling the GA.

- GA coordination planning document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14rJrRxE2wA3QmDpkwhQTCYHdR1mWlFf2t7NNAO09vrk/edit?usp=sharing


- Task list for the GA: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tvbUe1uPlmL9dbLx2__5L3_Kps2ZddYH8Y35tPzO2Ao/edit?usp=sharing

Economic reports



Bank account and Paypal


RayJohansen: I'm in position to do the economic report today.
keithgoldstein: I wrote to Pat again. We shouldn't send the invoices until we do not have to cashiers to access the bank account.
Dichter: Question about the paypal : if we change the paypal how do we do for the annual payment for the individual membership
keithgoldstein: We can keep this account open to keep those payment and transfer them to another paypal account.
RayJohansen: We have the same amount of money than the last board meeting.
RayJohansen: The cashiers are advise to present the economical situation at the next meeting.

Replacement cashiers

Budget and cashflow budget 2019


RayJohansen: Still not done.
RayJohansen: We need to build a proposal that the Board can vote on.

Budget regulation

The proposals can be found here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/oicewjflhvfza18/PPI_Budget%20Regulation%20v.0.1.pdf?dl=0

Etienne: I'm waiting for your questions.

Registrations

Pas de description

BaileyL: We try to reach Koen to know what is our situation about the registration in Belgium.
Dichter: The situation is clear. We need a new registered office in Brussels so we can move on on with paperworks.

We need to have a mail forwarder in Brussels.

Affiliation Fee Invoices

MichalGill: Skipped

Discord Presentation

Presentation made by Macavity (PPFR).

Conclusion
The board thanks Macavity for his work



Any other business

PPDE Relations

ECOSOC

"Right to Work and Access to the Labour Market" and "Access to Justice" in the context of older persons Due Oct. 31

https://trello.com/c/Abets6a1

keithgoldstein: We have statement to make to the end of the month
keithgoldstein: We have a lot of events coming right know in Geneva
keithgoldstein: We have to speak with Pat for organisation between New York and Geneva
MichalGill: Keith: Statement due by the end of October. Lot of events are coming in. If anyone's interested, let me know. Lot of things were moved to Geneva now. We shall grant temporary passes to anyone willing to go and in January we can upgrade them to the year passes.

Meeting times


BaileyL: We have different schedules and time zones
BaileyL: We have the possibility, like in 2016, to rotate on different times and have somebody incovenience time turn, time to time
MichalGill: Mike: Mondays suck for me, rotating system would be good for me.
MichalGill: Bailey: If your term doesn't end by this GA, think about board meeting times so we can accommodate everybody as much as possible. We shall strive to be better in this in the future.
MichalGill: Next Board meeting set for Oct 22nd, 19:00 CET

Upcoming Meeting

Conclusion
Next meeting : 22nd October, 19:00 CEST



Ayant participé à un vote

  • 3 - Etienne
  • 6 - RayJohansen
  • 5 - BaileyL
  • 17 - Dichter
  • 9 - MichalGill