From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 30.09.2020 15:00 UTC/17:00 CEST ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/NiCnmdSgCz6BBeH
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Mike, Keith, Gregory, Bailey, Bastian, Cal (arrived late)
excused: Linda, Cedric, Thomas,
unexcused: Dan
Quorum: We have quorum with 6 members.

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused: Svein
unexcused:
Guests:
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 18:00 UTC by
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with out of 9 board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 15:07 CET, 17:07 CET
Postal votes:
Notes on meeting process

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2020_09_09
15yes.png Yes : Gregory,Bailey, Mike, Keith, Bastian
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: minutes acceppted


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)

  • Board
  • Linda:
  • Cedric
  • Gregory: Have made some preparations for the SCULL meeting on the internal party structures. Been pretty much involved into the Freedom to Share ECI. Some minor IGF related communication.
  • Thomas
  • Cal: Nothing to report
  • Mike: Attended the Pirate Beer and SCUBA just now. Otherwise established contact with the Venezuelans, who seemed to be inactive for years now. They seem enthusiastic and I plan to make statutes for them, which I plan to use as a template for any nascent PP in the future. Otherwise I did some campaigning, even though the regional election this next weekend takes place everywhere except Prague.
  • Dan
  • Keith: Sitting in a convenience store, stealing internet like a real Pirate. SCUBA meeting just now. Created the invoices, but I have not sent them due to internet issues. We will discuss that below. I have relocated to Japan since we last talked. I did some work on the Aragon DAO with Joe. We need to follow up with him about this and create our DAO. I introduced him to some people on Discord, but it is not clear if they are all on board. I also would like to discuss whether we should set up rotating times or how to handle board meeting times from now on. I am building a super computer and hi-speed internet line, so from now on (for the next year or so) I will have the fastest computer in the world and can perhaps host some application.
  • Bailey: I've been burnt out and haven't done a lot tbh. I attended Pirate Beer as usual and also SCUBA before this meeting. I wrote an invite for the next SCULL meeting on October.8th, but I've had issues with getting the post formatted properly on the website so it isn't published..for that reason if no one has objections I'd like to move it to the 15th so there's more time to promote and invite people (sorry). I'll have a GA invite ready for this weekend at the latest. I want to ask members for their opinions on which tool to use for the GA. Twitter oversight as usual. In Global Pirates chat people were talking about wanting a forum and somebody suggested setting it up on our Discourse.
  • Alternates:
  • Svein:
  • Carlos:
  • Bastian:
I took care of the PPI technique like I do every day. All systems are running fine.
The click numbers on our website are going up and down. We need regular new content e.g. announcements of our meetings.
I attended Pirate Beer und some meetings of Standing Commitees.
The Pirate Times recovering project is progressing - we have now found over 1500 pages. Now it is brought into a WordPress structure, the conversion is not easy, but we have now found a solution for it.

5.1 - Proposals

Issue: Treasurer position Submitted by: Keith Justification: The treasurer has been absent and not done any of the membership fee or other duties required Motion: Nominate a new treasurer.

We will send another announcement to Dan, trying to see if he still wants to be treasurer. Otherwise, Bastian has volunteered if no one else takes over. We can also reach out to others and divide up the responsibilities. We need a bigger financial team with deputies and whatever. We should have more people in the financial team.

Issue: Venue for ongoing board meetings and working groups Submitted by: Keith Justification: It seems that we are having problems with big groups in BBB and a few people who do not succeed in using it due to device issues. Motion: Decide on a rotating venue system for board meetings to ensure that we can find the solution that works for everyone. 1) Discord 2) Mumble 3) BBB 4) Jitsi 5) Zoom 6) Hangout 7) Teams 8) Gotomeeting 9) ???

Keith withdraws the motion, since we do not have anyone objecting. However, we do need a solution for our big events: Pirate beer, GAs, and other conferences with more than about 15 people.


5.2 - Working Groups Update

SCUBA https://etherpad.pp-international.net/mypads/index.html?/mypads/group/ppi-internal-obdk07s/pad/view/ecosoc-quadrennial-report-meeting-mo510u3

SCULL Oct.14th 18:30 UTC/20:30 CEST

5.3 Economic Update

  • Invoices

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eiDfqZLw71wLbM5kVwXKFBCYDTF4j5_NOsDhLTE4yYM/edit

(Keith) I set up an ultradox system to send the emails,

5.4 ECOSOC/UN

Discussed previously at SCUBA meeting an hour ago.

6 AOB - Any other business

Pirate Beer this Saturday--usual place, usual time (19:00 UTC/21:00 CEST on BBB)

===================================================
  • Next Meeting: 21.10.2020, 15:00 UTC/17:00 CEST
  • Meeting Closed: 16:00 UTC