From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 31.3.2021 12:00 UTC/14:00 CEST ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Bastian, Mike, Bailey, Gregory, Keith, Manuel (from 15:10)
excused:
unexcused: Dan, Dario, Carlos
Quorum:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused: Svein, JiYong, Thomas
Guests:
participating: Numero6
PiratesOnAir

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 12:07 UTC by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with (out of 9) board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 12:07 UTC
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/eSgScRd4yWmBer4
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process: none

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2021-03-13
15yes.png Yes : Bastian, Keith, Mike,
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Gregory, Bailey
Result:


Note: Rules of Proceedure for the §5 Votes stipulated a rule that was struck down and due to be replaced. # If a quorum of 4 present board members is not met, decisions require an unanimous vote. (At least 3 members of the board need to be voting for a decision to be valid.) (The Board voted against this rule in the Nov.19, 2018 meeting. It is slated to be replaced by a new rule that is pending.) We should work to create a new rule that enables a clear decision on the minimum number of votes required for a decision to be valid. In this case the board decided to accept the approval of the minutes.

4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)

Board

I also translated one of the videos from our campaign: https://[youtu.be]/QFuJZN5HRbY Eventually I will try to translate some of the other tv commercials. I attended the PPEU/PPI board meeting special edition! Finally, I looked up our crypto balances, and would like to talk more about that side of our finances later in the meeting.

  • Dario: -
  • Bastian:

All the financial information I have is on the PPI wiki. But I need access to the bank account as soon as possible. #Groundhog

I also need a shadow account for Kraken (Bitcoin) - let us talk about later.

I took care of the PPI tech as I do every day. All systems are running fine, necessary updates are made ;-)

Attended the meeting with PPEU.

  • Manuel: -
  • Mike: I have no time lately and I apologise, so I'm still lagging behind with the GS work. At this point, I feel like having three GAs this year is mute anyway, so I wouldn't really ask members whether to have 2 or 3 meetings. I got in touch with some Romanian Pirates and it would seem they're in a situation similar to the one in Turkey - the old party very much died and now there's some fresh blood set on the task to reviving it. Through my work I just met with Michael Caster from the Safeguard Defenders and he's shown interest in the PPI and our potential for places like HK or Thailand. Was at the Pirate Beer and the joint board meeting with the PPEU.
  • Gregory: I have sent Bastian the financial statements from the bank. Helped Carlos to get on the Board Wire-Chat. We also had local elections - and while we could multiply the number of seats for the city concil (going from a single seat to two seats), the voters have changed the order of the list, so I personally missed a seat by a single vote - we also have gone from one seat on the foreigners council to four - and again, here I am the next in line to move up.
  • Dan: -
  • Carlos: -
  • Bailey: Attended the meeting with PPEU. Working with PPCL on a talk on cannabis legalization which will be recorded and posted online (no date for this yet).


Alternates:

  • Svein: -
  • Ji Yong: -
  • Thomas: -

5.1 - Proposals

   Issue: Adding quorum to board meetings.
   Submitted by: Mike
   Justification:  On Nov 19 2018 we obviously voted to get rid of the 4 board member quorum for some reason (https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure) and stated " It is slated to be replaced by a new rule that is pending." But that never happened. Hence my proposal is as follows:


   Motion: Add new point 3. to section 5 Votes of the Board's Rules of Procedure as follows and renumber the rest accordingly:
   "3. For the board meeting to be able to vote, a majority of all current board members has to be present."


Bastian: We might expand this for postal voting too, so board members not present would be able to vote after the meeting.
4. A tally of the vote shall be maintained in the decision record on https://tasks.pp-international.net is subject to change into:
4. A tally of the vote shall be maintained in the decision record on https://redmine.pp-international.net


5. Board members not present at the meeting can vote on a proposal published in the provisional agenda or Loomio PPI Board by citing the proposal and expressing their vote in an e-mail sent to board@pp-international.net (postal vote) or casting a vote in Loomio. The Loomio and postal votes shall be added to the votes cast at the meeting if the proposals are exactly the same. The Loomio and postal votes shall be mentioned in the provisional agenda and can be superseded by subsequent email, a change to the Loomio vote or by a vote cast at the meeting is subject to change into:
5. Board members not present at the meeting can vote on a proposal published in the provisional agenda PPI Board by citing the proposal and expressing their vote in an e-mail sent to board@pp-international.net (postal vote). The postal votes shall be added to the votes cast at the meeting if the proposals are exactly the same. The postal votes shall be mentioned in the provisional agenda and can be superseded by subsequent email, a change by a vote cast at the meeting.
Mike: Perhaps a wider overhaul of the RoP is warranted?
Gregory: Let's do that. Let's gather all needed changes before the next board meeting and approve it then.


Bailey: I'll set-up a Doodle and we'll have a meeting for the RoP changes before the next board meeting.


   Issue: Mailing List to The Public
   Submitted by: Keith
   Justification:  Mailing list and current EU sign up info. "So we need to create a mailing list. For a newsletter and this info, this would be a good project. Not all of our mails need to be to leaders. We need a sign up, and one that is not just for Europeans."


   Motion: Create a public mailing list, such as announcements@pp-international. Use this list to send newsletter and information about events. In the last meeting we decided this was a good idea. Has it been done?


Gregory: It needs to be a closed list, so people can't respond to all people on it. Can the list of addresses be private, so even we can't see it?
Bastian: Yes, possibly. Also only bard members can add e-mails to the list.
Gregory: So, agreement is: we will have a public newsletter, that everyone can subscribe to (using a GDPR conform double-opt-in process) and put a form to subscribe to it on the website. Bastian will implement the newsletter using the most fitting tool that the IT seems fit.
   Issue: Letter to our members (on fees and multiple GAs)
   Submitted by: Mike
   Justification: Due to the e-mail still not having been sent, some changes in it are warranted, mainly only having two GAs outright.
   Motion: none


Text to be changed:

2) The second thing: We would like to pick your brain on how we should plan let you know about the organisation of this year. There’s certainly going to be a General Assembly at the end of the year, as it always is, with elections and such. But, just like last year, especially since the pandemic is still raging, we are thinking about having one more General Assembly to better keep in touch amongst ourselves. Please, do let us know what would you think about that, if any additional GA’s are needed, how many and anything else you might think of. Your input is very important to us and we do not want to plan anything our members wouldn’t then like to participate in.

Bailey: At the next meeting we decide on the GA, I would propose a Saturday in June.
Mikes: Second.


  • Issue: Transfer of pirates.video domain from PPNL to PPI
Submitted by: Sjoerd de Boer (PPNL)
Justification: "internet-domain pirates.video has been in Dutch hands for several years. As we have no use for it anymore, we would like to transfer it to PPI. Is PPI interested in the domain and if so, who do I send the transfer code?"

Motion: none

Bailey: If no one has anything, I would ask Bastian to get in touch with the PPNL and make the switch.
Mikes: Here it says https://www.101domain.com/video.htm it costs 26 USD per year. Other sources are similar.
Bastian: Let's just not go through something like GoDaddy this time, to avoid problems like we had at the 2020 summer camp. I'll just need a transfer code from the owner. Having a domain for our own production makes sense. And it's potentially a good brand.
Gregory: There isn't really any content in there at the moment.
Bailey: Is anyone okay with acquiring the domain? /nothing against/
Manuel: It's a good domain, let's take it.
Bastian: I'll make the transfer.


   Issue: PPI-PPEU Working Group
   Submitted by: Mike
   Justification: As decided on the joint board meeting, a joint working group for cooperation between PPI and PPEU shall be established. Mikuláš is now expecting us to nominate at least one person to it, so it will start to operate.
   Motion: The board is approving the creation of the joint PPI-PPEU working group and appoints /names/ to join it. /no need to vote/


Asked to be on it: Bailey, Gregory, Mike
Mike: I'll let Mikuláš know and we shall set it up.

5.2 - Working Groups Update

Bailey: We can set a date for SCULL meeting with Manuel (April); we never decided on a date. Gregory will also set up a SCUBA meeting for April.
Manuel: The Chilean statute amendments has been postponed, as we are dealing with the pandemic and possible postponement of the elections.
Mike: I would suggest you take a look at the Venezuelan PP's statutes, as they're the Czech statutes ammended for Slovakia and then changed a bit for Venezuela and translated to Spanish.

5.3 Economic Update

Crypto funds of about 800 euros available.
Keith: The value of Ethereum and Bitcoin is shooting up, so it's constantly growing. We might want to expand in this field. We should have some sort of ideological accounting that relies on cryptocurrencies. There's a lot of attractive ones.
Bastian: I will put our financial situation of our crypto accounts to the Wiki, so it's public. There is also a questionability of crypto, as it's not holding shares but it's speculative value.
Manuel: I don't think already having some Ethereum should be an argument to move more of our assets into crypto. I think it doesn't really suits our values well. We might not be able to pay directly with those funds; the only possible use now of Bitcoin is buying Tesla cars. Unability to directly use this money needs to be taken into account.
Keith: I agree with the conservative point that we shouldn't specualate with other people's money. It's more of a question for the GA. But I'd say at least in some minor part it would be worthwile to invest in some cryptocurrencies that are aligned with our values. We've also been taking crypto since 2015. It's also possible to even have a debit card now that simply translates the money when needed.
Manuel: Maybe we could connect the idea if creating the e-shop with the agreement on accepting crypto there.
Mike: Any proceeds from our business (such as e-shop) don't carry the burden of gambling with our members' money, so I would be up for using money gained that way for investing into crypto.
Manuel: We can divide our fiat money and crypto money.
Keith: We shouldn't just be transfering to Ethereum or Bitcoin. We need to get on track wth blockchain that we as Pirates want to support.
Bastian: There's a difference between having a crypto account to support an idea and having it to raise money. Bitcoin is just speculative money.


5.4 ECOSOC/UN

none

5.5 PPI HQ update

Mike: Apologies, nothing new - it's on my tasklist for Good Friday.

6 AOB - Any other business

   Issue: AOB (Pirate Blockchain R&D)
   Ongoing point for discussion
Aragon DAO

https://github.com/aragon/whitepaper

The Romanian: Nick Bee (at least on Facebook)
Mike: The guy trying to re-establish the PPRO is pushing on me a way to use blockchain for voting, but I don't really understand it and it feels like a complicated solution to out simle voting needs.
Manuel: I'm not much of a fan of online voting. But I think we owe these people to allow them to try and use us as a testimony.
Bailey: I don't know much about this but I like the idea we can have it as a backup option.
Bastian: We already have backups, as we have DocuWiki and therefore a way to re-establish old information that gets lost for some reason. We don't really need blockchain for backing up. We also don't need it for voting as all our votes are public. It might be worth it to prepare it for other people/parties to use it.
   Targeted phishing on PPI mailing


Gregory: It's not random people now, but someone making effort with phishing crafted specifically to us.
Bailey: Let's just be careful.
Manuel: We can make Pirate Beer about messing up with the phishers.
   Dates for General Assemblies


Bailey: Next time we'll have proposals for June.
=======================================
  • Next Meeting: 21.04.2021, 12:00 UTC/14:00 CEST/08:00 EDT
  • Meeting Closed: 14:00 UTC/16:00 CEST