From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 2.6.2021 15:00 UTC/17:00 CEST ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Mike, Bailey, Keith, Gregory, Bastian, Manuel
excused: Dario
unexcused: Dan, Carlos
Quorum:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused: Svein, Ji Yong, Thomas
Guests:
participating:

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: http://wiki.pp-international.net/PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 15:10 UTC by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with ( out of 9) board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 15:10 UTC
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/AmgkR7NJ4JBoiEM
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process: none

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2021-05-12
15yes.png Yes : Bailey, Keith, Mike, Gregory, Manuel, Bastian
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: approved


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)

Board

  • Dario:
  • Bastian:
All the financial information I have is on the PPI wiki execp some little bank expsenses. But I need access to the bank account as soon as possible. #Groundhog
I took care of the PPI tech as I do every day.
On Monday we had a security problem on the MediaWiki and were flooded with a massive amount of spam.
We found the cause and found an extension that apparently does not work properly with the current (new) version of the MediaWiki.
Note: We keep all services on a current version. One is not helpful to be pushed in a board session just because somebody found a new version of a service on the internet.
We also reserve the right in the future not to install new versions of services until they have been thoroughly tested. Here there are various dependencies with the operating system used and the programming languages.
Gregory was very helpful in deleting the spam users and spam posts, so we were able to get the problem under control in just a few hours.
All systems are running fine now, necessary updates are made. ;-)
Congressus VM should be shut down immediately because no one cares about maintenance anymore. We would have to decide that as a Board afterwards. The shutdown has security reasons, only.
We should change our hoster for domain pp-international.net. Go Daddy is not really helpful. We should host this domain where the other PPI domains are currently hosted too. Cost 1.50 EUR per month incl. Tax.
  • Manuel: Helped with the UN quadrennial report, registered at the IGF system as part of the PPI HQ, attended the latest Pirate Beer for two hours, keep unsuscribing from spam emails when possible, with limited success. Have been gathering more information for the Whatsapp report.
  • Mike: Very minor help with the quadrennial report, attended Pirate Beer and made it for seven hours, not to the finish line though (we need to come up with theme for the next one and with some social for the GA btw.); I'm collecting delegate submissions for the GA. Since last time the PPCZ officially kicked off the election campaign, so my office is currently buried under some 10k more pieces of newspapers to be handed out. Our poll numbers seem to be constant somewhere between 25 and 30 % (together with STAN).
  • Gregory: I have prepared and submitted the IGF2021 session proposal, have assisted in the writing of the UN quadrennial report, have assisted Bastian in deleting the spam users on the wiki. I had contacted the Bank about the EUR account and access for treasurer - got 96 pages of PDF to print, sign and send along... Currently highly busy organizing the euroDIG copyright workshop and the Pirate Summer Camp...
  • Dan: -
  • Carlos: -
  • Bailey: Attended quadrennial report meeting. I did some work on the IGF submission. I attended Pirate Beer and did some GA promotion on social media and some e-mails.
  • Keith: Moved myself to the bottom after a while going first. I worked on the quadrennial statement. It is ready. I also worked on the DAO GA proposal. Also attended Pirate beer (at 5 am). I discussed an idea for a Pirate literature review/meta-analysis, especially in light of edits to the Pirate global wiki.

Alternates:

  • Svein: -
  • Ji Yong: -
  • Thomas: -

5.1 - Proposals

Summer GA will officially take place on July 3rd 2021 as agreed by the Board.
Pirate beer, do we want to go for something else next time? How about breakfast or brunch? We could have a Pirate book club.
Gregory: We can do it in the European afternoon; something like a Pirate Cake or Pirate Tea.
Mike: We'll do a "Pirate Beer" anyway the next week, the night before or after the GA.
14:00 CEST Coffee and Cake Pirate-Beer type meeting.


GA Membership Activation
Keith: Mike will send a mail to all the parties on the email list (all 3 emails for each party) about the GA. He will then send the board a list of parties that they should contact individually as a follow up to those parties that did not respond to the original email with delegates. Each of the board members will then write to each party to ensure that we have enough members for quorum.
Mike: Agreed.

5.2 - Working Groups Update

PPI TEC Team

Bastian: The Congessus we are running is outdated and has security flaws and needs to be shut down for safety reasons. It will be stored, so it can be re-activated whenever needed.
  • Motion 1 by Bastian
Motion
Shutdown Congressus VM
Congressus VM should be shut down immediately because no one cares about maintenance anymore. The shutdown has security reasons, only.
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Manuel, Gregory, Keith, Bastian
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain : Bailey
Result: motion passed


Manuel: What is the motive behind the change? Does it have any advantages? And what is the other provider?
Gregory: The current provider is GoDaddy, but last year we had a problem to get access to it, as their system is complicated; secure but requires unnecesary passwords for us to get to the registration. It took us hours to get the domain back and it would be cheaper too.
Bastian: It's called Variamedia, where it can pe set for the organisation, not individual persons, to access it, which is safer for us. The current provider also puts the domain straight on the market when payment is missed, which is not good. My company won't do that.
Mike: In what way is the company yours?
Bastian: It's one of the companies I own.
  • Motion 2 by Bastian
Motion
We should change our provider for domain pp-international.net. We should host this domain where the other PPI domains are currently hosted too. Cost 1.50 EUR per month incl. Tax. Current provider GoDaddy - the new provider would be "Variomedia", the domain could be registered in the name of the organisation (currently it is registered in the name of a physical person).
{{{text}}}
15yes.png Yes : Gregory, Mike, Bailey, Keith, Manuel, Bastian
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result: motion passed


Common Working Group PPI/PPEU GDPR

  • PPEU would like to discuss GDPR issues with PPI (cross hosting, mailing lists, etc.) - We have a concept from the lawyer on how to handle interdependencies.
Bastian: PPEU is concerned about GDPR and we should have a contract between PPI, PPEU and the PPCZ. There's a lawyer to explain the details. We need someone to negotiate this agreement on the PPI's behalf.
Gregory: Such an agreement will allow us to provide services to each other and cooperate more deeply, such as traffic statistics, Mattermost and such. With such agreement we could use it to set this infrastructure up. If there is reason for Bastian being unable to represent both the PPI and PPEU, I volunteer.
Bailey: I don't have to be the official representative, but I want to be there.
Bastian: We need someone from PPCZ to be there as officiel representative.
PPI delegate: Gregory
PPCZ delegate: TBD (Mike will bring it up at the Czech level)
PPEU delegate: Bastian

5.3 Economic Update

Bastian: Nothing to report, as there are no changes. I'll prepare a Q1 report for the GA.
Gregory: I requested EUR account; it was supposed to be quick and easy, but now it's dozens of pages to be printed, filled and signed by both Gregory and Bailey.

5.4 ECOSOC/UN

Review Quadrennial Statement Submission

Gregory: We will submit it, UN will publish it. Shall we publish it on our web too?

Mike: I will copy/paste it to the UN system and only once it's sent, then we put it on our web as well.

5.5 PPI HQ update

Mike: Especially after the economic update, I'm ashamed I still haven't got to the HQ documents. It's on top of my list. So nothing to report.

6 AOB - Any other business

Bailey: Deadline for Statute amendments is this Saturday June 5th 11:59 PM (Baker Island time).
Manuel: We should have a meeting before Saturday on the ongoing issues with the statutes and submit the changes that need to be made. There is at least one change (a stricken-down rule on the rules of procedure of the board) that ought to be made. https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Mike: It a Board Rules of Procedure thing. It's to be decided by the board, not the GA.
Manuel: The other thing is an amendment to empower the CoA to deal with issues like Unicorn Gate.
Gregory: It's something to be discussed with our members before bringing it as an amendment.
Manuel: We can put it on the GA's agenda as a topic to be discussed.
Bailey: It's going to be beneficial to have that discussion, since at the moment the CoA has no power in dealing with those things.
GA Statute Amendments
https://ga.pp-international.net/t/a-ppi-dao-statute-amendment-motion/327
Keith: It's conservative in requesting the GA to approve this. It's radical in the fee collection question. That's something that should be decided by DAO. We need a strong debate on this topic. The Discourse is there, missing the PPT presentation of the Governance Forum (I'll help with that).
GA new member applications
https://ga.pp-international.net/t/membership-application-of-new-pptr/319
GA info, invitations, registration...

Pirate Meta-study (Keith)

Keith: I discussed with Stefan a group to discuss all Pirate studies to put together a dashboard to meta-analyse all the Pirate-related studies. It could be a publication or something. My hope is an academic publication as a goal. We need a working group for that.


=======================================
  • Next Meeting: 23.06.2021, 14:00 UTC/16:00 CEST/10:00 EDT
  • Meeting Closed: 16:47 UTC