From PPI
Jump to: navigation, search
Agenda PPI BOARD MEETING
--- 23.6.2021 14:00 UTC/16:00 CEST ---
Big Blue Button Room: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v
Audio recording: PiratesOnAir Streaming, recording
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/s29EAy7wYqcLra6
Video: https://bbb.piratensommer.de/b/gre-cnw-a9v

Record of the meeting

1 - ATTENDEES

1.1 - Members of the PPI board

participating: Mike, Bailey, Bastian, Keith, Gregory
excused:
unexcused:
Quorum:

1.2 - Others

Alternate Board Members
participating:
excused:
unexcused:
Guests:
participating:
PirtesOnAir
Numero6

2 - PROCEEDINGS

RoP: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Board/Rules_of_Procedure
Meeting opened at 14:10 UTC by Bailey
Meeting chaired by Bailey
Secretary for this meeting is Everyone
Quorum established with 5 (out of 9) board members present.
Streaming started: started https://piratesonair.net/live-stream/
Recording started: 14:10 UTC, 16:10 CEST
Postal votes: none
Notes on meeting process: none

3 - APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES

Motion
Do we approve the minutes?
* Minutes of the last meeting: https://wiki.pp-international.net/wiki/index.php?title=PPI_Minutes_2021-06-02
15yes.png Yes : Mike, Bastian, Keith, Bailey, Gregory
15no.png No :
Pictogram voting neutral.svg Abstain :
Result:


4 - REPORTS

4.1 - Short reports of the board members 1)

Board

  • Bailey: Apologies for being absent lately - a lot of personal problems. Goal for the coming days is preparation for the GA. I'll send you a pad where we'll put together the board report.
  • Gregory: I am still quite busy organizing the EuroDIG session (please register for EuroDIG, its free) on June 29th 14:45-15:45 CEST. And Pirate Summer! registration is still open, as is Poland - https://ps21.eventbrite.com. I did spent some time looking for print-on-demand solution for our shop. I found n acceptable solution. Now we need a payment provider and can start making items /edit: no need, PayPal already allows for card payments even without an account/. The printing would happen in India and average t-shirt would cost app 3 EUR to make and print. I updated some minor IT systems like docker on our secondary host. I'm preparing for the GA to come. If anyone has some t-shirt designs in mind, let me know.
  • Dario:
  • Bastian:
  • All the financial information I have is on the PPI wiki, except for some small bank expenses. But I need access to the bank account as soon as possible. #Groundhog
  • I took care of the PPI tech as I do every day.
PP-Etherpad is totally updated due to database issues, which I hope are now fixed.

There was a bug in the update of our server maintenance software (ISP-Config) which we fixed yesterday.

All systems are running fine now, necessary updates are done ;-)
In the next days we will transfer our main domain to another host. For this difficult process (we have about 60(!) entries in the DNS) we need some maintenance time.
Congressus VM has been shut down and is backed up in our archive. We will announce the temporary shutdown.
  • As the Treasurer, I have completed the quarterly report for QI/2021 by March 31. QII/2021 will follow in July/August.
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/cwwbqtyy44CDWSC
  • Manuel:
not present
  • Mike: Sent the quadrennial report (with some minute changes), did the PPEU's observer membership application, invited some members to the GA and the Pirate Tea this Saturday, campaigned a bit before the Czech election, going for a trip to Norway in September just before their election, to observe and learn. Polls in CZE still look good, still in first place; we now unveiled a list of some 40 people we selected for various shadow government positions. I'll have to get in touch with each party that didn't let us know about their delegates at the GA, so we know if the quorum will be reached.
(Gregory propose to present the quadrennial report to the GA and post it to our website during the GA.. -- everyone agrees).
  • Dan:
not present
  • Keith: Tried to put together the DAO project, but it has stalled due to lack of responses. I communicated a bit on renewing our ECOSOC groundspasses. I spoke to the PPEU Council Meeting, and they agreed to join PPI as an observer member.
  • Carlos:
not present

Alternates:

  • Svein:
not present
  • Ji Yong:
not present
  • Thomas:
not present

5.1 - Proposals

  • Issue: Preparations for the GA
Submitted by: Mike
Justification: We need to put together everything we need for the GA. Here's a very empty makeshift task list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gQbdotKDJykvtEV3YStmHBwdPd9ljcdJ6AjX2kQEhJA/edit#gid=0
Motion: none

5.2 - Working Groups Update

  • SCENE (campaigning)
Standing Committee on External Networking Engagement
  • SCUBA (United Nations)
Standing Committee on UN Bureaucratic Activities
  • SCULL (internal processes)
Standing Committee on Universal Liaison on Party Labour (internal processes of member parties)
  • SCURVY (party finances)
Standing Committee on Usual Requisitions of Various Yields
  • Joint PPI-PPEU Working Group

5.3 Economic Update

  • Quarterly report for QI/2021 by March 31:
https://owncloud.ag-technik.de/s/cwwbqtyy44CDWSC
QII/2021 will follow in July/August.

5.4 ECOSOC/UN

  • Mike: Uploaded the Quadrennial Report; had to shorten it a bit (some 100 words, which wasn't as hard) to fit inside the limit.

5.5 PPI HQ update

  • Mike: Will set-up a meeting with Gregory to do the paperwork.

6 AOB - Any other business

There is nothing on.
===================================================
  • Next Meeting: 03.07.2021, 09:00 UTC/11:00 CEST at the Summer GA
  • Next Meeting: 14.07.2021, 14:00 UTC/16:00 CEST regular Board meeting
  • Meeting Closed: 15:20 UTC